Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Driving How To-Steering in the air

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

In the first video it looks like he hit the trigger for the speed, when in the air he turn right with brake, very quickly gave it gas and turn to the left almost like drifting.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Catching the corner to turn is nice. But it seems to me thats well explained. Why do people care to pitch the cars though? Its not hard to do turn wheels in air and let off, cars straightens its self. Scrubing also isnt like a dirt bike scrub, whips are rare to see out of an rc as a dirt bike scrub whips are common. Best way to scrub jumps is tap brake, only real reason to turn in air is to be ready for a quick turn after a jump. Point made, i dont see how threads like these get 3 pages this fast. Every comment is close to same thing. Try it, turn wheels in air and watch ur car get a lil side ways(aka pitch). Its real common watch almost any race vid and you see a pro show off by twisting back in forth in the air. ITS JUST FOR LOOKS MAINLY TO SHOW OFF. It dont make you a whole worlds faster just when a turn is involved lol.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

It's mainly a FUN thing to do. Figure we should try FUN stuff with these toy cars. Some people have no FUN at all.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I can picture it now. Everyone trying this. Cars flying every where, opposite ways off the jumps, wheels twitching everywhere.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
Catching the corner to turn is nice. But it seems to me thats well explained. Why do people care to pitch the cars though? Its not hard to do turn wheels in air and let off, cars straightens its self. Scrubing also isnt like a dirt bike scrub, whips are rare to see out of an rc as a dirt bike scrub whips are common. Best way to scrub jumps is tap brake, only real reason to turn in air is to be ready for a quick turn after a jump. Point made, i dont see how threads like these get 3 pages this fast. Every comment is close to same thing. Try it, turn wheels in air and watch ur car get a lil side ways(aka pitch). Its real common watch almost any race vid and you see a pro show off by twisting back in forth in the air. ITS JUST FOR LOOKS MAINLY TO SHOW OFF. It dont make you a whole worlds faster just when a turn is involved lol.
WRONG! Every tenth of a second counts for those guys. They do it to be faster and that is the only reason. It is most definitely not to show off.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Another video I found.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

It's called crossing up and while it is done for fun at times it's mainly done to set the cars weight for a turn right after the jump or to correct leaving the jump at a bad angle.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Tech Champion

OK, that one was for show!^
Old 02-01-2011, 11:35 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Just read through all the posts and realized I just echoed what you said.
Yeah, that was nice!!
Old 02-02-2011, 03:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
WRONG! Every tenth of a second counts for those guys. They do it to be faster and that is the only reason. It is most definitely not to show off.
It's interesting that people are flamming at people trying to learn a new skill. Anyway, I'm not saying it has never been done to show off(more likely practicing for when they need it) But I've seen them on some tracks that required it, and the ones that weren't doing it were losing time. Of course corner speed, line choice, tires, will gain you bigger chunks of time then turning in the air, but there is a time to be found doing this....on some layouts.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:16 AM
Tech Adept

Most of the time pro drivers are turning there cars at the tip of the jump face.this will get the car turning in the air

Last edited by EAT DIRT; 02-02-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)

OK, that one was for show!^
no it wasnt for show, not flamming you, but youll notice he sets it up for the turn...................you never see his car at the burm area of the track

That by far was the sickest iv seen to date tho!!!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

WRONG! Like is said the twitching in air is to show off, the turning in air to set up for a new jump isn't. I also said scrubing is nothing like dirtbike scrubs. Maybe you didnt understand how i wrote it but it defanitly is RIGHT. Turn tires back and forth in air does nothing but for show, I do it all the time for fun. Pitching the car like i said totally diffrent approch its to help set up for a sharp quick turn.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
WRONG! Like is said the twitching in air is to show off, the turning in air to set up for a new jump isn't. I also said scrubing is nothing like dirtbike scrubs. Maybe you didnt understand how i wrote it but it defanitly is RIGHT. Turn tires back and forth in air does nothing but for show, I do it all the time for fun. Pitching the car like i said totally diffrent approch its to help set up for a sharp quick turn.
"The tire flick"turning your front tires left or right quickly will start the car turning in the air. Two gyro's (your front tires) resist turning and cause the chassis to turn if that makes sense
Old 02-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Tech Addict

Awwww......'Sugar'......caps and exclamation points??? Really???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.