Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 09:12 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

got my car last night! i went over to my buddy's house..and he had his half built! very nice car!

i wanted to get a tech racing car.. but in the forum.. i didnt get any info on how to get one effectively. seems like everyone who communicated with tech racing got hardly any responses.

then steve said he was gonna bring it in, and even he didnt get a response. so i just waited for the TRF415.

and i like the TWO STARS TOO!

my car will be ready for sat. practice at tamiya.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by Hebiki
got my car last night! i went over to my buddy's house..and he had his half built! very nice car!

i wanted to get a tech racing car.. but in the forum.. i didnt get any info on how to get one effectively. seems like everyone who communicated with tech racing got hardly any responses.

then steve said he was gonna bring it in, and even he didnt get a response. so i just waited for the TRF415.

Did you not say you ere gonna let me drive that thing?
Old 03-04-2004, 09:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

does this mean you're giving up on the 'Cuda too?
Old 03-04-2004, 09:19 AM
Tech Lord

hahaha what are you nuts? my pink baby???? no way!

the 415 will be for mod/19T and TCS races. my R3 is super smooth and fast right now. im not gonna give it up.

Last edited by Hebiki; 03-04-2004 at 09:25 AM.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Did you get your car via mailorder or did you get it from Ultimate?
Old 03-04-2004, 09:28 AM
Tech Lord

my friend ordered it from japan the day it came out and he had it shipped here. im not sure if ultimate has it? im sure they'll get it the same time as everyone else, like speedtechrc.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Hardriven RC
Guys,

Instead of ranting on about diffs in this forum, direct your efforts in an e-mail to Tamiya to get the problem solved. No one on this forum can give you a straight and honest answer as to the existens of a front diff. Ask Tamiya if they will make one. They in turn will ask Tech-racing since these are the guys that build and developped the "415".
Also, why did all of you wait to get an "415" when the car was already available as a Tech-Racing car? Is it just for the logo?
The reason to get a 415 is easy--parts. It's such a pain to get parts from Tech it's funny. I travel between US and Asia regularily and it's even hard to get stuff from Tech in Hong Kong! The 415 also share a lot of parts with EVO3 (which I have) and that makes it real easy to maintian and run both cars.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:19 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Had anyone of you guys the chance comparing the 415 to the Mi2 regarding drivetrain freeness?
It looks like the Mi2 has the freest drivetrain and most rip of the beltcars. But whatīs about the 415 in this area?

Iīm not sure if I ever would buy a Mi2 as I donīt like itīs look. The 415 however looks very good but that doesnīt count in a race.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by V12
Had anyone of you guys the chance comparing the 415 to the Mi2 regarding drivetrain freeness?
It looks like the Mi2 has the freest drivetrain and most rip of the beltcars. But whatīs about the 415 in this area?

Iīm not sure if I ever would buy a Mi2 as I donīt like itīs look. The 415 however looks very good but that doesnīt count in a race.
Will see what a Mi2 is like tomorrow night I think but the best belt car i have seen up to now is a Xray with the pully conversion and the slim belts and i would put the 415 up with that and it can only get better when i run some packs though it. Rick
Old 03-04-2004, 12:49 PM
Tech Lord

rick

i hear the losi guys cutting off every other tooth as a belt trick to free up the drive train. will this idea work on the 415 also?
Old 03-04-2004, 12:52 PM
Tech Regular

Old 03-04-2004, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

when people say the Mi2 is up to par with shaft cars, or any belt car for instance, if it spins like a shaft then its either incredibly amazing or somethings not right. its got to be super free becasue there is so much less rotational mass OR theres goto be excessve mass sumwere like the drive shafts or bearings or something remember there is alot more rotational mass with the shafts THATS y they spin longer. ur belt cars may spin for less time but may be free'er. just a note

thanks

Tarnjit
Old 03-04-2004, 12:54 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Rick Draper
Will see what a Mi2 is like tomorrow night I think but the best belt car i have seen up to now is a Xray with the pully conversion and the slim belts and i would put the 415 up with that and it can only get better when i run some packs though it. Rick
Looking forward for that comparison. I hope the 415 really is that good. I donīt want replacing my EVO3 with any other car but from seeing these pictures the 415 looks soo good. Maybe Iīm about buying an additional beltcar and I really would prefer it to the Mi2.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

rick

i hear the losi guys cutting off every other tooth as a belt trick to free up the drive train. will this idea work on the 415 also?
I have a load of spare belts here so i might give it a try on a pair of them and let you all know how i go on. Rick
Old 03-04-2004, 01:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

rick

Just checked and it cannot be done as if i remove every other tooth i would end up with 2 teeth at the end of each belt and i would either have to remove them both or leave them. Rick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.