Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya 4wd f1

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (94%+)
Default Tamiya 4wd f1

When i was just geting started in rc onroad these where the big thing. what where they called are they still around? i would love to own one. any info would be great
Old 12-30-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The F201. Long discontinued. If you're looking for one. Let me know. I have 4 so I'm sure I could let one go.
Still a very cool car and I'll always have 2...one for the shelf and one to drive every so often.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The Tamiya F201 is such a cool car. It may not be "correct" because it has 4WD, but it is a beautiful piece of engineering. If you plan to race I'd recommend getting a different F1 car, but these are so cool it doesn't matter. Weak points (if you plan to drive it) are diff bolts and front suspension bulkheads/gearcase halves. Thats what broke on mine during the season I raced it (we were just starting an F1 class, it was Run What You Brung)

There are upgrades available. The 3racing chassis is a must-have.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (94%+)

can you still find parts for them?
Old 12-30-2010, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Few and far between. Check rctech for "items wanted"Wheels and tires can be found at rcmart. They are the same as the HPI car. The best bet is ebay but people price them like they rare but not so. Tamiya sold tons of them so a spare or two is a good investment "if" you are going to race them. I our F1 series the trick is to remove the front diff, toss the dogbones and shaft and run it as a 2wd. F1 is usually silvercan but we let them run a 27T brushed or 17.5 so they can compete together. It works well with the right tires. There will be another F1 Builders Cup race this spring. My teamate and I will be running the MLP 201's as 2wd with 19T motors in that race against the d-drives. Should be fun.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

The F201 are very fun to drive cars, i had 2x F201 Tuned Chassis Kit's with all the allu hop-up parts in blue.
The car was a stunning piece of engineering. Wish i didn't sold them
I think the most weak spot are those K-parts (front and rear uprights), you should have those parts for sure as a spare.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have mine on the shelf only ever did a few laps with it and it takes it place on the top shelf, been tempted to sell a few times but I have made that mistake before of letting something go to fund another and now it haunts me every time I look to find one again