INDI 16X5v6 / Eagle CDC 6

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

INDI 16X5v6 / Eagle CDC 6

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

well, I do realize my method is not very scientific, I am open to suggestions on a better way to measure how many amps is pulling through my motor....

I don't know how "OK" my car is. I know the avg is around 15A, but mine maxes out at 10A... so that's why I am wondering. I am not sure what resistance on the wheels will do to the number of amps fed to my motor.

If I dump my batteries, then that will eliminate the use of high amp equalizing?

So it would be better not to use a low amp equalizing after I dump my batteries if I want more punch for the next run?
Old 06-23-2004, 02:57 PM
Tech Adept

Default Add-on Thermo Sensor

Does anyone know anything about this Integy Product:

Add-on Thermo Sensor (NEW)
$ 55.99

This unit is a temperature sensor, user can select the cut-off temperature, converts any charger into a Ni-MH compatible thermo charger, cut-off using this unit's temperature sensing capability and your charger's delta peak volt detection

Does anyone own this unit? Will it really work with "any" charger
Old 06-24-2004, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Add-on Thermo Sensor

Originally posted by LeadFoot
Does anyone know anything about this Integy Product:

Add-on Thermo Sensor (NEW)
$ 55.99

This unit is a temperature sensor, user can select the cut-off temperature, converts any charger into a Ni-MH compatible thermo charger, cut-off using this unit's temperature sensing capability and your charger's delta peak volt detection

Does anyone own this unit? Will it really work with "any" charger
I dont know your current charger and what you want to achieve; But:

If it's just to ensure, the temperature is right, I find that a temp gun helps a lot. Once the charger is adjusted properly (charge rate, cut off), there usually aint a need for temp cut off. Only if there's a great change in ambient temperature. But in this case the temp gun will do fine anyway.

If you want to make your current charger NiMh compatible, you might as well consider a new charger: The LRP Pulsar Sport is very good and can be found for 100$. 44$ more than the temp sensor...

The real down side about temp cut off is if you forget to mount the temp sensor - that can ruin a pack very, very fast
Old 06-24-2004, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

Thats not true. Cos I have done that, and can see that there is no way the connectors can be loose and causing the backlit problem. The problem is in the backlit unit itself.

Originally posted by Cole Trickle
Back light: I tend to say it's due to a bad connector inside the charger... some people experience it goes on and off...

So a solution is to disassembler the charger and take the connector off and on again. Then it probably work as it should. But do consider warranty...
Old 06-25-2004, 02:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by melvin
Thats not true. Cos I have done that, and can see that there is no way the connectors can be loose and causing the backlit problem. The problem is in the backlit unit itself.
To be honest, I havent opend mine - just referring what others have told.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Cheap cgc charger

Can anyone tell me an online shop that will ship to australia that has bargain prices for the cdc charger?

Thanks
Mick
Old 06-25-2004, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

dinball (RCmart) might be your best choice:
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/advanc...ds=cdc&x=0&y=0
Old 06-26-2004, 01:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for that
I have seen them on their website for $145 (us), just wanted to know if anyone else had them cheaper
Old 06-27-2004, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

http://rc-mushroom.com/index.php?cPath=30

This is where I shop.
$140 USD and I think the shipping is better for you since Hong Kong is closer to Aus.
Old 06-27-2004, 06:51 PM
tornado

Haiyah boys!

Both RC-Mushroom and RC-Mart are in Hongkong! I prefer RC-Mushroom as they have more choices and slightly cheaper. Postage ....'bout the same.

Old 07-21-2004, 12:01 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys, thinking about purchasing the 16x5v6, but at 180 or 140 bucks, a little out of my range. I found the original 16x5 for 99 on integys site. Would getting the original 16x5 be a problem?? What would you recommend. I just need a quality charger to charge packs so that my batteries don't make me drive slower, only ME But i don't want to get a half ass charger and then have to upgrade. This would be my charger for 2-3 years iwould hope. Thanks
Old 07-22-2004, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

I would get the 16x5v6 if i were u. ( I have one and its awesome and I can go on forever about what so cool about it.)

I know you said its out of ur budget.
But think of it as an investment to save your battery packs. A good pack cost anywhere from $40-who knows how much (only depends on how badly you are into this rc racing thing)...

A $180 charger to protect and extend the life of your $40 batteries, is a good investment. (Most ppl have at least 4 packs, so $180 to save $160, is a good deal.) And even more important if you have even more expensive batteries.

Basically, i think u should judge how much you spend batteries to decide on a charger. If you play with matched packs, a good charger is a must. If you just playing w/ 1800mah stick packs or something, then any old charger will probably do. But my sorta "guideline" is:
4*(price of batteries)=(price of charger)

As for the 16x5, my advice is don't be cheap, save an extra $50 from somewhere else and buy a 16x5v6.

But like the name says, I am a newb. So u should wait for the pros to give u some real advice....

But those are my 2 cents.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks. I was leaning the other way, but you're swaying me back to the v6 . i guess i just don't know if there is that big of a difference in the two chargers. i mean i don't care about a blue backlight
Old 07-22-2004, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

The two biggest difference between the 2 is that with the v6, you can switch off the trickle charge (trickle charging after the battery is peaked is seen as being undesirable), and it will charge between 1 and 10 cells, whereas the earlier 16x5 only does 4-8 cells. I rate these features as worth a little extra cash.
Old 07-22-2004, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

Since im just racing touring, the cell amount wont bother me, and whats so bad about the trickle after charging? I heard the the v6 had a torpedo charge too. Can you tell me anything about that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.