NEW MTS/RACE OPT 4WD MINI >

NEW MTS/RACE OPT 4WD MINI

Like Tree8Likes

NEW MTS/RACE OPT 4WD MINI

Old 12-22-2017, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Airwave
I think you are missing the rear blades... Could be a problem...
Missing in THAT photo yes, but they are on the car now.

LIVE BUILD of the X RAY version of the MTS Mini (essentially the same thing) at 19.30 tonight (Aust Eastern Standard Time) here
Old 12-27-2017, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASW6EJug-FU
Bartolo Racing likes this.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Have some parts in stock lmk
Attached Thumbnails NEW MTS/RACE OPT 4WD MINI-mini.jpg  
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 08-05-2018, 04:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

I saw that this can be used to convert a hobbyking blaze r2. Does anyone know if this or the xray conversion would work on an RGT R2? Or any other cars these could be used on? MTS kit seems discontinued and buying a T4 to convert is ludicrously expensive.
Old 08-05-2018, 04:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by varmint
I saw that this can be used to convert a hobbyking blaze r2. Does anyone know if this or the xray conversion would work on an RGT R2? Or any other cars these could be used on? MTS kit seems discontinued and buying a T4 to convert is ludicrously expensive.
The RGT R2 is very similar to the Blaze, though you may run into issues with the servo mount as I don't thing the RGT has the floating mount. Other than that, you need a custom top deck to convert the Blaze and RGT. Bezerk has the design for it, courtesy of Tony G. The rest of the conversion should work fine.
varmint likes this.
Old 08-05-2018, 10:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by gigaplex
The RGT R2 is very similar to the Blaze, though you may run into issues with the servo mount as I don't thing the RGT has the floating mount. Other than that, you need a custom top deck to convert the Blaze and RGT. Bezerk has the design for it, courtesy of Tony G. The rest of the conversion should work fine.
thanks! Some of the RGT editions come with a floating mount so they are out there, likely an MTS one would fit as well. I see now why the topdeck doesn't work. I have a spare fujin 211go deck I may see if I can fit it and contact bezerk if I can't.

I like these conversions because you can make them 225mm wheelbase while all the purpose built mini 4wd are 210mm
Old 08-07-2018, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

This is the conversion we did. I've had to do it as a pic as Hotlinking doesnt seem to be allowed any more?

Old 01-05-2024, 06:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Old thread alert! Recently picked one up cheap which I've now assembled and will test on Sunday. I've had their T4 16-18 conversion based one for a number of years. The arms, hubs etc are all the same hence buying the RO one when I saw it. MTC (Mini Touring Car) as it's called in the UK is finally starting to take off and there have been national events the last few years with numbers increasing each time so I might try some again. Typically run 17.5 blinky with the national series limited to a couple of cheaper motor options and esc (in the Xray one currently)

gwhiz likes this.