Search
Like Tree1Likes

Reedy Sonic

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran
There was a batch of motors that the timing has a limited adjustment just like what you are describing. We have since asked for that change to be undone.

If you need to get more timing you will have to take apart the sensor assembly and then you will have to file the legs on the sensor so that it can spin more. It's difficult to explain with out pictures, once you take it apart you might understand what I mean.
Originally Posted by Jamison R
Does this make legal motor "illegal" for stock racing, as it will be modified from stock form??????
good question considering the above statement.

further, when are the revised motors hitting shelves? i would have thought the ones with the new can labeling would also have the unlimited timing modification. i have not had my motor open yet, but it rotates plenty and has the old scale.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Does this make legal motor "illegal" for stock racing, as it will be modified from stock form??????
Originally Posted by seaball
good question considering the above statement.

further, when are the revised motors hitting shelves? i would have thought the ones with the new can labeling would also have the unlimited timing modification. i have not had my motor open yet, but it rotates plenty and has the old scale.
The motor was submitted for approval with the ability to achieve the maximum timing (center of the screw). The first production motors allowed this. The latest motors now allow this maximum timing setting that the motor was submitted with (although the scale is altered).

You could argue that you are altering the motor to increase timing but in reality you are altering it to achieve the same timing that the motor was approved with.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:44 AM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I recently bought a new reedy sonic. It appears to be a newer version. It has the numbers as shown in a previous pic. My question is. Are these made differently? There is no way the timing mark will go all the way to the screw.

With the new timing scale you would never turn this motor to the screw.
You should never go above the end of the scale. I would recommend starting at 40 for no timing and adjust from there. If you are running in a boosted class or modified I would recommend starting at 20.

AGAIN DO NOT RUN THE NEW VERSION MOTORS AT THE SCREW!
Old 12-22-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
You could argue that you are altering the motor to increase timing but in reality you are altering it to achieve the same timing that the motor was approved with.
I agree with you theoretically but you know how rules makers are. I would be hesitant to run a modified one at the birds without getting the ok from them.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

AGAIN DO NOT RUN THE NEW VERSION MOTORS AT THE SCREW!
sean - we should infer from this that the sensor has more timing in it than earlier versions, then? i think i had it backwards when i drew my last conclusion between the two versions ...
Old 12-22-2011, 01:10 PM
AE-Reedy

sean - we should infer from this that the sensor has more timing in it than earlier versions, then? i think i had it backwards when i drew my last conclusion between the two versions ...
The sensor is exactly the same but we had the pointer moved on the plastic cap so the scale could be repositioned on the motor.

Note position of the timing pointer in the photo.
Attached Thumbnails Reedy Sonic-timing-cap-compare.jpg  
Old 12-22-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

ah, right on! i'd have never caught that. sweet. the new scale makes things much easier to boot.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:41 PM
AE-Reedy

ah, right on! i'd have never caught that. sweet. the new scale makes things much easier to boot.
That was the reason for re-doing the scale. After non-boost became the main type of racing the previous scale was inadequate. It just didn't seem right to tell some one "Just turn the timing up to the screw." It's much better to say "Run the timing at 40 for blinky, etc."

Just so everyone is aware the new scale is supposed to be ACTUAL degrees of timing. So if you are on 20 that means you have 20 degrees of timing in the motor.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Just so everyone is aware the new scale is supposed to be ACTUAL degrees of timing. So if you are on 20 that means you have 20 degrees of timing in the motor.
That's crazy talk.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Sean or Rick,

What FDR would you recommend to start with for a 4.5 and 5.0 at NorCal hobbies home of the Reedy race??

Thanks,
Old 12-22-2011, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

if there is chipotle involved I think I have an answer !! If I am not mistaken, rick ran a 5.0 with 20 degree timing at a 8.2 last year
Old 12-22-2011, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

nice
Old 12-22-2011, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Keven H
if there is chipotle involved I think I have an answer !! If I am not mistaken, rick ran a 5.0 with 20 degree timing at a 8.2 last year
LOL, I might have some Burrito Bucks for you guys at next years Reedy!!

Thanks,
Old 12-27-2011, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default reedy sonic

can someone tell me who sells the reedy sonic"s in the us please
Old 12-28-2011, 04:23 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Professor
can someone tell me who sells the reedy sonic"s in the us please

here is one
http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...&filter_mfr=13

and another
http://www.nexusracing.com/index.php?cPath=140_243_455

and also
http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...owt=on&omode=0

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.