Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Here's the setup I ran at the Nats in the stock class. BTW, my production JRXS barely fit in the box they had there too.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS-pavednats.jpg  

Last edited by CraigX; 06-14-2006 at 08:48 PM.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CraigX
Here's the setup I ran at the Nats in the stock class. BTW, my production JRXS barely fit in the box they had there too.
i'm just kidding around. my car barely fit in there and the guys gave me crap every time, and i was tech staff
Old 06-14-2006, 09:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RussB
do these longer arms get used with narrower inner pivots? or is that why rear motor losi's were barely fitting into the roar box last weekend?
We have .150" narrower pivots and .150" longer arms. The reason some of the cars barely fit is because of our new wider hexes, running a wide front hex gives more steering which is what everyone seemed to be wanting.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:40 PM
Tech Addict

i was running associated wide hexes. i usually run their slightly wider cvd stub axles with the wide hexes but there's no freaking way it would've fit in the box then.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

We have just recieved more of our 3x8 thrust bearings and are on special. I know some on here were asking so letting you guys know.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey Pookyt, remember the post about the rear arm on the front? Maybe its time to break that dremel out and try it. Let me know. Thanks JW.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Mr Pookyt, I have a question that I just want to get straight in my thinking. I'm looking at Craigs setup sheet, as well as other ones and I just want to make sure I'm understanding this right as I'm reading them. He is running 2 shims under his pivot block and in the high position, so does this mean he is running the same shims under the rear pivot of the front of the car? If it was just under the front this would be considered a "kick" setting rather than a "roll center" setting, is this correct or am I inline for another smack. I just find it confussing when/or if the adjustment is being made at the same point but using 2 different places to indicate it. To me it would make more sense to have all three togeather on the sheet, if what I'm understanding is true. Thanks ahead of time for clearing this up for me. JP or Doug please feel free to jump in on this one as well.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Mr Pookyt, I have a question that I just want to get straight in my thinking. I'm looking at Craigs setup sheet, as well as other ones and I just want to make sure I'm understanding this right as I'm reading them. He is running 2 shims under his pivot block and in the high position, so does this mean he is running the same shims under the rear pivot of the front of the car? If it was just under the front this would be considered a "kick" setting rather than a "roll center" setting, is this correct or am I inline for another smack. I just find it confussing when/or if the adjustment is being made at the same point but using 2 different places to indicate it. To me it would make more sense to have all three togeather on the sheet, if what I'm understanding is true. Thanks ahead of time for clearing this up for me. JP or Doug please feel free to jump in on this one as well.

Yup!! Yopu got it! He is running 2 .050 shims under the bar and under the small blocks. And yes, it might be different but he would indicate that on the sheet by showing "Anit-Dive" or "Kick" on the front.

On the rear arm to the front thing, I actually broke my BK rear arm Sunday and used my spare regular arm with a BK bracket. I have looked at doing this thing but man its really just too much work and I am too lazy!!! LMAO

Brant
Old 06-15-2006, 05:50 PM
TLRacing

Craig ran awesome at the Nats. If he would have had better luck in qualifying he would of destroyed everyone at the Nationals.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

I'm going to give the arm thing a try, might involve a lot of blood letting, but I just gotta do it. I'll keep you posted.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
I have looked at doing this thing but man its really just too much work and I am too lazy!!! LMAO

Brant
Shame on you! Your turning down a dremel challenge. Your getting soft!
Old 06-15-2006, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
I'm going to give the arm thing a try, might involve a lot of blood letting, but I just gotta do it. I'll keep you posted.

Good Luck and make sure you have plenty of Band-Aides around!!! Don't ask me how I know just believe in the DremelMister!!!! LMAO

Brant
Old 06-15-2006, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lawtonlosi
Shame on you! Your turning down a dremel challenge. Your getting soft!

I'm getting soft and rotund!!!! Plus this freaking 98 deg. humid weather is draging me down!

Brant
Old 06-15-2006, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Ill bring some scrap cf for you to grind on between rounds at the BTH.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Craig ran awesome at the Nats. If he would have had better luck in qualifying he would of destroyed everyone at the Nationals.

Not to mention the fact that Craig is now a legit double threat!!! Carpet or Asphalt, the X man cometh!!!

Brant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.