Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BCE vs. Fioroni

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

Default BCE vs. Fioroni

Considering buying a lightweight chassis for my D8. Which would you choose?
Old 02-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Have you thought about a tekno chassis that is what i am running and love it.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

dennis, can you have dion email me at [email protected]?

I can't find his info

Thanks!
Old 02-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 227 (100%+)
Default ttt

+1 for Fioroni...unsurpassed quality and race inspired designs! Alan you can't go wrong with anything from Fioroni. I wish they had a chassis for the 6T.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcjunky10
+1 for Fioroni...unsurpassed quality and race inspired designs! Alan you can't go wrong with anything from Fioroni. I wish they had a chassis for the 6T.
should have kept your BCE chassis

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ssis-sale.html
Old 02-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

BCE, Tekno or Hot Bodies Lightweight or even lightened chassis by WB-RACER-ACE

Fioroni is piece of junk. It is not even cut right, Bottom holes are not countersunk enough. Had it for one race, threw it away.

This year I have Tekno to try as I like the fact that you dont need center diff spacer unlike 3mm chassis like BCE or Fioroni where you need to get your hands on truggy diff spacers to move your diff up a bit so it does not stick from the chassis.

and BTW you can go wrong with lot of stuff from Fioroni Like their useless LIC driveshafts that break after few minutes. Seen like 5 broken CVDs on Mugens during one race. Or the mugen front shocktower protector break too easily.

Fioroni vario clutch is ok but thats about it.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Default ttt

Originally Posted by peakman
Weakman why don't you grow a pair and just pm me...don't hijack the man's thread. Stay on topic!
Old 02-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wallot
BCE, Tekno or Hot Bodies Lightweight or even lightened chassis by WB-RACER-ACE

Fioroni is piece of junk. It is not even cut right, Bottom holes are not countersunk enough. Had it for one race, threw it away.

This year I have Tekno to try as I like the fact that you dont need center diff spacer unlike 3mm chassis like BCE or Fioroni where you need to get your hands on truggy diff spacers to move your diff up a bit so it does not stick from the chassis.

and BTW you can go wrong with lot of stuff from Fioroni Like their useless LIC driveshafts that break after few minutes. Seen like 5 broken CVDs on Mugens during one race. Or the mugen front shocktower protector break too easily.

Fioroni vario clutch is ok but thats about it.
I have had good luck with the products Fioroni produces with no premature wear or failures, and the tolerances were always on par with OEM. I would like to try a Tekno nitro chassis as I really liked my E-conversion chassis!

The D8 chassis you mentioned does look sweet:

http://www.teknorc.com/product_info....oducts_id=1043
Old 02-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You can always go straight for the Hotbodies D8 Lightweight Chassis ... crazy good.

cya !
Old 02-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

hmmmm one run...........

Old 02-05-2010, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcjunky10
Weakman why don't you grow a pair and just pm me...don't hijack the man's thread. Stay on topic!
...no need for it to end up like this.......

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...nary-tale.html

..you should be on wallstreet with your excellent cry and sell techniques........
Old 02-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default ...

I hate these kinds of threads because they just drag out into long arguments. I run for BCE, but what I looked for when purchasing my chassis was the race history. If Ryan Maifield, Scott Hughes, Ryan Cav, Rhonda Skelton, Richard Saxton and many more well known drivers chose to use a BCE Chassis then that was a plus for me. Quality is top notch, you have to put washers under the center diff but they are included. IMO having to do that shows me how much lower the Center of Gravity is which is always an advantage on the track. The anodizing is great on the BCE Chassis and they are as durable as any other. BCE was the first 3mm chassis to come out for the D8 and now even Hot Bodies is testing a 3mm chassis which will most likely come out before too long. You can go wrong with the BCE. If you get one you will see first hand.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

With all the talk about what chassis is better here is what i am going to do i run the Tekno chassis but i am going to bolt on a BCE and test it at my next comming race which will be around the 20th and i will give my honest review about both so maybe it will help people decide even tho i am sponsored by Tekno it will be an honest review if the BCE performs better i will tell everone the differences in performance.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ABURTON
dennis, can you have dion email me at [email protected]?

I can't find his info

Thanks!
Sure will Alan.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DPowers
With all the talk about what chassis is better here is what i am going to do i run the Tekno chassis but i am going to bolt on a BCE and test it at my next comming race which will be around the 20th and i will give my honest review about both so maybe it will help people decide even tho i am sponsored by Tekno it will be an honest review if the BCE performs better i will tell everone the differences in performance.
man with all due respect, I am not sure if a sponsored driver can or even should be giving info on another product. I just can't imagine Drake taking a Mugen for a blast and then posting how much better it is than a Losi - like i said, I respect your approach but not sure that it could ever be seen as impartial IMHO. I myself do run and would recommend Bill's chassis's.

Cheers, Mike.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.