Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution. >

CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.

CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by genius120
Hi toptek, first i would like to thank you for your reply on the tekin topic, about the cefx that i'm testing for a month on a large asphalt track here in Rome with medium grip(solaris medium rubber tires) i can say that the improvement over a standard photon is my lap time improved by .5 sec. technically speaking i cannot explain for my poor english, anyway the car is more easy to drive even in low temp. and low grip conditions of the track and is very sensitive in every minimun regulations, the first time i drove the cefx i said "guys this is driving".
thanks to cefx engineering, i'm satisfied with the car, good job.

Hope this helps.
thanks.
i want one. i love my photon. i used to have 2 of them but because i stoped driving mod in races i sold one.
now i want to update my photon with the cefx chassis.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Toptek,
If you order a cefx kit make sure you ask for the worlds chassis,
It has improved flex and from all the testing I've done is faster in all conditions.
He has them done just maybe not up on the cefxshop yet. if others are looking to take your Evo to the next level drop him a email.

Best regards,
James
Old 12-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JamesReilly
Toptek,
If you order a cefx kit make sure you ask for the worlds chassis,
It has improved flex and from all the testing I've done is faster in all conditions.
He has them done just maybe not up on the cefxshop yet. if others are looking to take your Evo to the next level drop him a email.

Best regards,
James
thanks i will do that.
i want also some extra parts for the car like the lipo brace.
is there also something that prevents the lipo going into the drivebelt when hit from the side?

i readed the complete topic to see josh his commends and that from drivers. it made me even more intrested in the car.
i will mail josh for it.
is the 1:12 from top also from his hand or is it frop a top designer?

what is the weight comparred with the photon?
is the car lighter?
Old 12-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

i just mailed josh for the kit.

i was watching ad the cefx site. there you can find the kit for 190 but as you go to the shop, it is 300 dollar. what is the right price?
300 is quit a lot moore compared to the 190.

were can i order cefx?
i can not make an acount because i am living in the eu.
has anyone a link to a site in the eu or can i order in the us?

Last edited by toptek; 12-06-2010 at 08:22 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

well my personal thoughts for the evo after running the photon is that i would trade back to the lipo chassis photon just to be more confident in my setup ( i run with 7 other photon drivers ,2 of which r team drivers)
the thought behind the evo is top notch and does work well. i use Og of weight to balance my car L/R but i must add 21g to front to have a stable car on carpet. and my car weights in at 1423g with a TP 5400 25c i have noticed that the use of the steel motor mounts r the weak point of this design
(1) the tweek to the point that the chassis is 1mm lower at the front of the motor mount than the f or r. and if i fix it with in 2 clean perfect laps its right back to the same tweek(belly).
(2) also the steel its constructed of makes the car tail heavy which is great for asfault but on carpet its just to much . rear end tends to swing out more so than my photons did/ do given the same weight distribution. for this reason i added 21g to front of car to get back my 51%R/49%R front dist...

other than that COULD ASK FOR A BETTER CHASSIS.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I am curantly waiting on my evo conversion to show up and I see there is a new chassis! So my question being for stock racing/17.5 will the old chassis be the way to go or will the new flexi be the one to go with?
Old 12-08-2010, 12:28 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
well my personal thoughts for the evo after running the photon is that i would trade back to the lipo chassis photon just to be more confident in my setup ( i run with 7 other photon drivers ,2 of which r team drivers)
the thought behind the evo is top notch and does work well. i use Og of weight to balance my car L/R but i must add 21g to front to have a stable car on carpet. and my car weights in at 1423g with a TP 5400 25c i have noticed that the use of the steel motor mounts r the weak point of this design
(1) the tweek to the point that the chassis is 1mm lower at the front of the motor mount than the f or r. and if i fix it with in 2 clean perfect laps its right back to the same tweek(belly).
(2) also the steel its constructed of makes the car tail heavy which is great for asfault but on carpet its just to much . rear end tends to swing out more so than my photons did/ do given the same weight distribution. for this reason i added 21g to front of car to get back my 51%R/49%R front dist...

other than that COULD ASK FOR A BETTER CHASSIS.
After driving and learning to set-up the evo. I would NEVER switch back to TOP. I have found it works very well on carpet. Photon set-ups will not work on the evo. Evo is the easiest to set up and drive car I have ever owned.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Where do you add the weight at on the front of the car?
Old 12-08-2010, 06:05 AM
Tech Adept

help needed. were can I get a cefx evo for 190 dollar?
on the sefx site it was for 190 dollar but they changed there website and now they ask 300 dollar.
also dis josh not respond jet on my mail.

were can I order the cefx? I live in the EU.
(Germany and the netherlands)
Old 12-08-2010, 07:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by toptek
on the sefx site it was for 190 dollar but they changed there website and now they ask 300 dollar.

RACING ART COMPANY
[email protected]
Old 12-08-2010, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

thanks
Old 12-08-2010, 07:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toptek

It still lists as $190 on the site, it says "compare at $300" you save $110.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MikeXray
It still lists as $190 on the site, it says "compare at $300" you save $110.
I see it now. thanks.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sprintcarracer
I am curantly waiting on my evo conversion to show up and I see there is a new chassis! So my question being for stock racing/17.5 will the old chassis be the way to go or will the new flexi be the one to go with?

The standard chassis is very good, you’ll want to run a slightly softer spring and possibly a slightly softer sway bar like 0.1mm then what you would run with the worlds chassis. The worlds chassis has been talked about for alittle while, I was simply letting people know that has become available.

As for the weight in the front there is plenty of room right behind the arm mounts and you can cut down some lead weights to fit under the spool up next to the bulkhead.

Also I very much agree photon setups do not work the same on the EVO. as they do on a photon chassis. I'll try and get a setup posted but it will be most likely after the weekend.

Best regards,
James
Old 12-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I put mine on top of the body mount brace or inside the front bumper

Originally Posted by sprintcarracer
Where do you add the weight at on the front of the car?
As far as setup i know its diff. But i idea is without any referance points to work from other than individual setups. My car is good but havin help at the track is O when its full of xray and photons.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.