Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 IFMAR 1/10th 200mm On Road World Championship

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 03:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Track Redevelopment Work

Track redevelopment work is progressing well and today the old race control building was removed in preperation for the installation of the new 8M x 6M race control building. Some images of the work undertaken today are attached below with more images available in the Photo Gallery Section of the Worlds Website.

Regards Alastair

Last edited by quozl; 04-04-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Also today the corner curbs were painted in preperation for the line marking contractor to come and paint the lines around the edges of the track and down the middle of the back straight. As well the electronic scoreboard was installed into it's position on the light tower between turns one and two.

Please excuse the dirty new track surface, a lot of work has been going on and the new track surface will be cleaned thoroughly before the Pre Worlds.

We would like to thank all the members who turned up today to help out. It was a great turn out and made the work load that much lighter.

Regards Alastair

Old 01-22-2006, 03:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

This weekends work saw the painting of the pit walls, finishing off the painting of the corners, and various other painting jobs. As well all the steel work to support the new 6m x 8m race control building was lifted into place by crane and welded together.

During the week the new race control building will be lifted into place and then finished with cabinetry work and wiring next weekend.
More pictures of this weekends work are now available in the photo gallery on the worlds website.

Regards Alastair

Old 01-22-2006, 03:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

more pics of todays work

Old 01-22-2006, 09:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by quozl
more pics of todays work
nice work guy's.
Keep it going.

Looks great. Cann't wait to see the finished track.

Rene
Old 01-22-2006, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Rene-have you recovered from the trip to FL...HEHE

Is the Worlds using 16% nitro or does anyone have an idea of the make up of the fuel so we can duplicate the fuel to use it here in the USA for practice...
Thanks
Rafael
Old 01-22-2006, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rangulo

Is the Worlds using 16% nitro or does anyone have an idea of the make up of the fuel so we can duplicate the fuel to use it here in the USA for practice...
Thanks
Rafael

Rafael, i think that same as was in Brazil 2004, the fuel will be 16% nitro (IFMAR Rules) ... just try to visit the official website of the race to see wich brand will be used as "official fuel" (if any) so you can try out the same in USA.

hope this helps ...
Old 01-22-2006, 11:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks
Rafael
Yes the World Championship uses 16% nitro as per the IFMAR rules.

For the Pre Worlds the controlled fuel is RunnerTime Top 16%.

For the World Championships in September we as the host club have to make 3 reccomendations to IFMAR in order of preference of the fuel we would like to be used as the controlled fuel 8 months before the event. IFMAR then make the final decsion and will announce it 6 months before the event.

All the information is in the rules listed below and available on the IFMAR website at http://www.ifmar.org

5.22 Fuel: A controlled commercially available fuel containing methanol, oil lubricant and nitromethane (with a maximum of 16% measured in volume), decided by the IFMAR I.C. Executive must be used.

5.22.1 The manufacturer who was selected to supply the fuel for the previous IFMAR 1/10th I.C. 200mm World Champonship event is not eligible to supply fuel for the next IFMAR 1/10th I.C. 200mm World Championship event, unless there are no other alternatives.

5.22.2 The type of fuel is decided by the IFMAR I.C. Executive, together with the race organiser (race organiser recommends three (3) types of fuel in order of preference). The race organiser has to forward the recommendations to the IFMAR I.C. Section Chairman eight (8) months before the event. The final decision will be made six (6) months before the event by a majority vote of the IFMAR I.C. Executive and all Blocs will be notified of the decision.

5.22.3 The recommended types of fuel must be commercially available at the time of the organiser’s recommendations, (eight (8) months prior to the event) and remain available up until the final decision six (6) months prior to the event. The selected fuel must continue to be commercially available in the period from six (6) months prior to the event up until the commencement of the event.

5.22.4 An amount of $US20 will be added to each entry fee to cover the additional cost of official event fuel.

5.22.5 Practice: For practice and pit running purposes only, all competitors must be able to purchase at the event a minimum of ten (10) litres of the controlled fuel at standard commercial rates.

5.22.6 Racing: At the commencement of official qualifying, the controlled fuel must be used for running on the track. This fuel is to be maintained by the organiser, in association with the IFMAR representative, within the controlled pitlane area. This controlled fuel must be identical to the fuel sold to the competitors for the practice period.

5.22.7 All mechanics, team managers and cars will be checked for compliance for the rules when entering the controlled pitlane, i.e. no fuel or fuel bottles and cars with empty fuel tanks. Upon entering the pitlane, mechanics will be allowed to retrieve their fuel bottleand/or fuel gun and a 4 or 5 litre container of fuel from their heat’s storage area. It is the mechanic’s responsibility to transfer the fuel from the fuel container to the fuel bottle and/or the fuel gun. For longer races, i.e. finals, an IFMAR fuel representative will be in the pitlane to assign more fuel to a mechanic, if necessary.

5.22.8 At the completion of the heat/final, all fuel bottles, fuel guns and containers of fuel must be returned to their heat’s storage area.

5.22.9 At no time may fuel bottles, fuel guns or containers of fuel be removed from the controlled pit area once official racing has commenced.

5.22.10 Any infringement of these rules by a mechanic/team manager/driver or any associated person will cause that driver to be excluded from the event. Further punishment to be determined by IFMAR, such as a ban from future international racing.

Regards Alastair
Old 01-22-2006, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

WOW!!! You guys are quick.. I am not sure what time it is there but its great you answered.... I am trying to put things together so I may attend the event and looking at the great work you folks are doing to the facility.

Is the facility going to be available for practice from the 7th of september for open practice.... I looked at the rules and it seems the track may be open practice from the 7th(I may be wrong)... This info will help in my trip planning..... Is there going to be lots of pits space for drivers and mechanics... In Messina the pitting was tight and there was no space for equipment and seating for both drivers and Mechanics...
Rafael Angulo
Old 01-22-2006, 06:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

WOW!!! You guys are quick.. I am not sure what time it is there but its great you answered.... I am trying to put things together so I may attend the event and looking at the great work you folks are doing to the facility.

Is the facility going to be available for practice from the 7th of september for open practice.... I looked at the rules and it seems the track may be open practice from the 7th(I may be wrong)... This info will help in my trip planning..... Is there going to be lots of pits space for drivers and mechanics... In Messina the pitting was tight and there was no space for equipment and seating for both drivers and Mechanics...
Rafael Angulo
Hi Rafael,

Firstly thank you for the kind words.

Regarding pit space for drivers. The club has 96 permanent undercover pit spaces that are larger than the IFMAR requirements for pit spaces in rule 2.13 and these spaces will be allocated to our international guests.

The remaining 54 pit spaces will be located under a temporary marque next to the permanent pit spaces and will also be to IFMAR requirements. These temporary pit spaces will be allocated to the Australian team.

Regarding when the track will be open for practise. According to the IFMAR rules, specifically rule 2.2 listed below, the track must be closed during the two weeks preceding when frequency controlled practise starts.

Therefore the track will be closed from Wednesday August 23rd until Wednesday September 6th. On Thursday September 7th the track will be open for frequency controlled practise and the event will run as per the event schedule below.

2.2 EVENT SCHEDULE

No practice on the event track will be allowed in that specific W.C. class during the two (2) weeks preceding frequency controlled practice. The track surface should be prepared so that good quality practice will be obtained when practice commences. This may be achieved by a spraying and/or cleaning of the track surface, as required. Frequency controlled practice will not normally be changed but may be if, because of unforeseen circumstances, the Team Managers' Committee votes to do so with approval from the International Jury. The schedule for the event will be as follows:

1st – 4th Event Days Thursday-Sunday Frequency controlled practice

5th Event Day Monday Controlled heat practice and Opening Ceremony

6th – 8th Event Days Tuesday-Thursday Qualification rounds

9th Event Day Friday Lower Christmas Tree finals – 1/8th and lower

10th Event Day Saturday Higher Christmas Tree finals – 1/4 and higher

11th Event Day Sunday Spare Day – to be used to allow for any delay in schedule. Banquet and Awards’ presentation to be held on Sunday night or, if approved by IFMAR, on the Saturday night.

I hope this answers your questions if I can be of any further help please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards

Alastair Walker

Last edited by quozl; 01-22-2006 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Today the new race control building arrived and was lifted into place.

This weekend we will attach the front lower facia to the building to blend it in with the base, as well as install all the cabinetry, wiring and timing loops.

Pictures below and in the following post as well as on the World Championship website.

Regards Alastair

Old 01-25-2006, 02:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

More pictures of todays workRegards Alastair

Old 01-25-2006, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

How much travel time is there from the hotels to the track???
Old 01-25-2006, 05:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

How much travel time is there from the hotels to the track???
From the Clear Mountain Hotel, which is the official host hotel, the travelling time to the track is no more than 10 minutes.

Kind Regards

Alastair
Old 01-25-2006, 06:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Stage One Report

Stage One Report

The stage one report for the 2006 IFMAR 1/10th 200mm On Road World Championship is now complete and is available from the Downloads section of the World Championship website.

Kind Regards

Alastair

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.