Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree35Likes

Speed Passion brand new Spec Racing LeMans car - The LM1

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

ok, no time to troll the whole thread so i'll just ask. Will there be rubber tires for this car? I want to get my 5 & 7 year old started this year and I think this car would be good for it but on rubber tires.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I believe Rick mentioned on a couple occasions that rubber tires are under development at the moment. Id guess that when one is released it will be in time for the outdoor season...why the singlemindedness for tires though?
Old 01-27-2014, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
I believe Rick mentioned on a couple occasions that rubber tires are under development at the moment. Id guess that when one is released it will be in time for the outdoor season...why the singlemindedness for tires though?
because i plan to buy 3 cars, two for my young boys learning to drive and i don't want to spend $30 times some ungodly number to let them have a good time.

If someone else wants to run foam, i'm fine with that. for my purposes, rubber will due.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
because i plan to buy 3 cars, two for my young boys learning to drive and i don't want to spend $30 times some ungodly number to let them have a good time.

If someone else wants to run foam, i'm fine with that. for my purposes, rubber will due.
Dorian,

Tires are in the works. There should be more info in a couple weeks. Good to see you're getting the kids involved.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well, you need to ask Rick....each kit comes with a set of foams ready to run, and yes, if you want to go FAST and competitive with the fastest guy, you do need to true them down to the race spec....however, I ran mine brand new and car is just dialed without any truing.....

Now...if you are worry about the tire wear.....Eric ran probably about 50-60 packs of lipo on the brand new set of foams....stock dimension was like 65mm rear and 64.5mm front...60 packs lipo later, it is around 63mm rear and 62mm front....probably another 20-30 more packs to go his tires will be in real fast racing specification.....

one set of these tire last a very long time.....alot longer then rubber tires and still have high grade traction if you ask me.

And yes, rubber tires/wheel set are in the making, I am suppose to travel to the MFR later February for the tires inspection and testing....will update later.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Howard is right, these tires are very long wear. I have been racing every weekend along with one practice day since the car came out and I'm still on my first set. My ride height is finally down to 4.5mm in the back. The front is still 5mm.

You also do not need to true these tires. Just rotate them once every three run.

Howard can you guys source another set of harder foam tires for really high bite tracks like Harbor? Maybe they will last even longer.

Would it be possible to have a frp bumper that extend to the nose of the body?

I would not true down the tires. Just buy a few sets and run them down to smaller size then save them for bigger races where the traction is much higher and you feel the need to use smaller tires.

Originally Posted by Solara
Well, you need to ask Rick....each kit comes with a set of foams ready to run, and yes, if you want to go FAST and competitive with the fastest guy, you do need to true them down to the race spec....however, I ran mine brand new and car is just dialed without any truing.....

Now...if you are worry about the tire wear.....Eric ran probably about 50-60 packs of lipo on the brand new set of foams....stock dimension was like 65mm rear and 64.5mm front...60 packs lipo later, it is around 63mm rear and 62mm front....probably another 20-30 more packs to go his tires will be in real fast racing specification.....

one set of these tire last a very long time.....alot longer then rubber tires and still have high grade traction if you ask me.

And yes, rubber tires/wheel set are in the making, I am suppose to travel to the MFR later February for the tires inspection and testing....will update later.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rick Vessell
Dorian,

Tires are in the works. There should be more info in a couple weeks. Good to see you're getting the kids involved.
Thanks Rick. They have been asking to race but couldn't really hold the controller because of small hands. Now that they can hold it and we have a carpet track local, I think one of these with a 25.5 or 21.5 would be a good starting point for them. Rubber tires of course , I have a big enough bill with foam tires in the summer for 10th and 8th
Old 01-28-2014, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

I'm not really concerned with big races or going fast. Chances are it will be me and my two boys making a class of 3 at the local track. The point is to get them used to driving, so tire wear is not the concern either. I'm more concerned about tire chunking since I expect them to crash a bit. I don't need to spend $30 x 2 every weekend. At that rate, I'd buy them mini slashes and make a class of that.

Originally Posted by Solara

Originally Posted by v_squared
Howard is right, these tires are very long wear. I have been racing every weekend along with one practice day since the car came out and I'm still on my first set. My ride height is finally down to 4.5mm in the back. The front is still 5mm.

You also do not need to true these tires. Just rotate them once every three run.

Howard can you guys source another set of harder foam tires for really high bite tracks like Harbor? Maybe they will last even longer.

Would it be possible to have a frp bumper that extend to the nose of the body?

I would not true down the tires. Just buy a few sets and run them down to smaller size then save them for bigger races where the traction is much higher and you feel the need to use smaller tires.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Rick. They have been asking to race but couldn't really hold the controller because of small hands. Now that they can hold it and we have a carpet track local, I think one of these with a 25.5 or 21.5 would be a good starting point for them. Rubber tires of course , I have a big enough bill with foam tires in the summer for 10th and 8th
Start them with 25.5. 21.5 properly setup on short tires is nearly as fast as 17.5 sedan (at least at Harbor last week).
Old 01-28-2014, 10:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

We have not had a tire chunked yet.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

The one thing that I'm personally seeing is bent axles. I've seen this car bend 6 of them already (2 myself), and it appears to be a weak point. I'd really like to see some nerf bars come with this car. Some have been hard hits, but some have been what appeared to be small taps on the walls.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

You should consider running 21.5 or 17.5 on a single cell LiPo. You'll save a lot of parts breakage, and the kids will get more track time.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Howler
The one thing that I'm personally seeing is bent axles. I've seen this car bend 6 of them already (2 myself), and it appears to be a weak point. I'd really like to see some nerf bars come with this car. Some have been hard hits, but some have been what appeared to be small taps on the walls.
I have bent one myself when I was doing the 17.5 testing. I am told the F104 graphite axle will go in as an option.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
I have bent one myself when I was doing the 17.5 testing. I am told the F104 graphite axle will go in as an option.
You didn't bend it, you folded it!
Old 01-28-2014, 12:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

There is CARBON axle for SP1 and Lm1 as options for 3 months now.....

http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/main-sh...rbon-gunmetal/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.