A:
1st gear 49/17 7.292
2nd gear 45/21 5.421

top speed 45.369mph

B:
1st gear 48/18 6.747
2nd gear 44/22 5.060

top speed 48.609mph

I don't know where you got your numbers, but due to my calculations if I go with the 45/21 gearing combo I will get more accelaration but I will lose 3mph in the top end.

Also i factored in the foams, which are 60mm in diameter, if i go with 65mm foams then my gearing will give me the top speed of 52mph.

you see, the bigger the pinion and the smaller the spur the faster you go. You can't have a pinion too big because it will damage the motor. If you go with 4 stroke motor and gear the pinion really high and the spur really small you'll be as fast as the 2 stroke guys or even faster. I can see a RRR with a 4 stroke whooping on everybody at the track in the future, because 4 strokes got the torque.
Compaq
Where i got my numbers is the same place you got yours, just change your attitude and open your mind, and just take suggestions with the right attitude....LIKE THANK YOU.

You stated that you were running all over the track in first gear, and shifting very late on the main straight...so you are 90% of the time running on 6.747 to 1 gear ratio...so do your maths and factoring etc.etc. and tell me what is your average speed per lap.

Races aren't won on just going fast on the main straight, races are won with the best time lap per lap, so you have to compromise.
Break the track in two sectors, inside and main straight, take split times and see were you are strong and correct your weakness.

With my suggestion you might loose some 3 mph on the straight but win so much on the rest of the track, and in average you are running with a 6.35 to 1 gear ratio, and if you still wan't some more top speed just drop in a 44 spur on second gear and try.

I don't know the size of your track, but ours has a main straight of apx 200 FT. and a lot of technical turns and short straights on the inside which makes a total lap of 1,100FT but since it is not a flowing design it is considered a short to medium track, and Kyoshos, Serpents and Mugens are geared 7.135 to 1 in first gear and 5.294 to 1 in second gear with more or less 62 mm tire dia.

Do your math, open your mind, and don't tell me that is normal to run a two speed car on first gear most of the time on a track that can be run with two speeds. Definetely you are doing something wrong. And don't get offended when people are trying to help you. Just be gratefull and experiment.

AFM
Old 09-03-2004, 03:22 PM
Tech Adept

good points! gracias...

Originally posted by afm
Compaq
Where i got my numbers is the same place you got yours, just change your attitude and open your mind, and just take suggestions with the right attitude....LIKE THANK YOU.

You stated that you were running all over the track in first gear, and shifting very late on the main straight...so you are 90% of the time running on 6.747 to 1 gear ratio...so do your maths and factoring etc.etc. and tell me what is your average speed per lap.

Races aren't won on just going fast on the main straight, races are won with the best time lap per lap, so you have to compromise.
Break the track in two sectors, inside and main straight, take split times and see were you are strong and correct your weakness.

With my suggestion you might loose some 3 mph on the straight but win so much on the rest of the track, and in average you are running with a 6.35 to 1 gear ratio, and if you still wan't some more top speed just drop in a 44 spur on second gear and try.

I don't know the size of your track, but ours has a main straight of apx 200 FT. and a lot of technical turns and short straights on the inside which makes a total lap of 1,100FT but since it is not a flowing design it is considered a short to medium track, and Kyoshos, Serpents and Mugens are geared 7.135 to 1 in first gear and 5.294 to 1 in second gear with more or less 62 mm tire dia.

Do your math, open your mind, and don't tell me that is normal to run a two speed car on first gear most of the time on a track that can be run with two speeds. Definetely you are doing something wrong. And don't get offended when people are trying to help you. Just be gratefull and experiment.

AFM
Old 09-03-2004, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

hope I haven't missed all the fun.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by afm
Compaq

AFM
I couldnt agree more! Well said!
Old 09-03-2004, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

If you don't experiment, you will never get faster. or as fast as the guys that do.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:28 AM
Tech Adept

And, if you don't listen, you ain't going no where, eventually!

Originally posted by GrandeGixxer
If you don't experiment, you will never get faster. or as fast as the guys that do.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by afm
Compaq

AFM
I'm not offended, I'm just pointing out my results. The first mistake I made was keeping the shift point late. I'm going to change the shift point first and see if my lap time changes. If it doesn't then I will experiment with the gearing. Right now it's 18.2 sec per lap.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The idea on gearing IMHO is to gear your first gear as low as possible to get the most accelaration as possible and the same time not over rev your engine on the straight on second gear. The most time on a track is gained on the infield, not the straight. You can gain on someone on the straight but if he is faster out of the turns he will always have an advantage on you.

The idea of a 2spd car is not to go faster, although it can be geard that way, the idea is to get to the top speed as fast as possible.
Old 09-04-2004, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

Holy cow! What'd I miss??
Old 09-04-2004, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by compaq888
I'm not offended, I'm just pointing out my results. The first mistake I made was keeping the shift point late. I'm going to change the shift point first and see if my lap time changes. If it doesn't then I will experiment with the gearing. Right now it's 18.2 sec per lap.
How did you measure your lap time? if you were saying your car is all over the places infield, it is next to impossible to do 18sec laps especially at Crystal Park! those fast drivers do around mid to high 15's to low 16's with pretty much perfect drive lines!

Just wonder how you get the lap times that's all!
Old 09-04-2004, 09:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Ah10
How did you measure your lap time? if you were saying your car is all over the places infield, it is next to impossible to do 18sec laps especially at Crystal Park! those fast drivers do around mid to high 15's to low 16's with pretty much perfect drive lines!

Just wonder how you get the lap times that's all!
I love it when you guys are doubting me, that's why this hobby never gets boring.

I have a lap system on my JR xs3 pro radio, I ain't going to spend $200 on a radio and not have a lap system.

Shall we have a 20 page thread how inaccurate my lap counter is on my JR radio?

My average time is in the low 20's, I only managed to pull off one lap of 18.2
Old 09-05-2004, 09:42 AM
Tech Addict

I love it when you guys are doubting me, that's why this hobby never gets boring.

I have a lap system on my JR xs3 pro radio, I ain't going to spend $200 on a radio and not have a lap system.

No, we only need 1 to tell you that your thumb is fast. The only way to get an accurate time is with the timing system or when someone else is holding a stopwatch. It's very difficult to use the lap feature on the radio WHILE you're driving and get an accurate time. When I tried it, I was 1-2 seconds off what I usually run. Thats a big big difference. Now I know what you're gonna say, that you are pressing the button on time and blah blah blah, but it doesn't matter cause NO ONE here is gonna make you understand that. You tend to be pretty stubborn when someone has something to say. When fast guys are giving you advice, don't question it. Take it. I notice that you seem to want to argue and debate the advice! Thats probably one of the reasons why certain people at the track like to keep their distance.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:17 AM
Suspended

Default v12

i just ordered a rb v12 (430)is this a good motor?
Old 09-05-2004, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

No offense what so ever nor have any doubt on your radio! I just can not believe if your car is not handling right and you werent shifting right, with not proper gearing, with not proper tire size, probably not the best set up! with all these variables, it is next to impossible to do 18's laps over at crystal park!

I might be dumb or not good at this hobby, but it took me a long while to break 18's lap and now I am in low to mid 16's

One more thing, if you had to ask someone for advise that means you dont know the answer to your question! So Please take it not arguring on the advise. If you keep on doing that no one will ever give you and advise or help!

Just my $0.02
Old 09-05-2004, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I have noticed there are certain people that ask a question, and if they don't like the answer they want to then argue about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.