Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IFMAR Worlds Qualifying

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 01:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart

The last two Worlds on carpet didn't slow them down much.
At least they weren't racing in a different dimension at the past two lol

I really think a TC carpet worlds would be a terrible idea in my opinion. Finding a carpet track that's worth running mod on would be difficult size wise.

Asphalt all the way for TC
Old 01-16-2013, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The two venues that come to mind that would be capable of handling both 1/12th carpet and Modified Sedan asphalt are TimeZone in oregon and The track in Porter TX...
Old 01-16-2013, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

What was the reason for the chicane coming onto the straight for the last world's? Were they afraid the cars would be to fast?

Just build a track that has a lot of areas where people can pass and it will be a fun and exciting layout.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
What was the reason for the chicane coming onto the straight for the last world's? Were they afraid the cars would be to fast?

Just build a track that has a lot of areas where people can pass and it will be a fun and exciting layout.
Yeah, I agree you should do that
Old 01-16-2013, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Francis M.
The two venues that come to mind that would be capable of handling both 1/12th carpet and Modified Sedan asphalt are TimeZone in oregon and The track in Porter TX...
Porter has no interest in it. Kinda sad, but the owner does not want to invest in re-surfacing the track now. Also, we don't have anything carpet in Houston to be able to service it. The TC's would be fine, but Mod 12th would probably have to be on asphalt and the track is a bit bumpy in 1 section.

From what I gather, Timezone looks like a prime location, don't they have an asphalt and Carpet track "close" to each other? Of course, having them wanting to organize the event is another story.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kraig
Actually yes. I believe the tires were exploding.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Can't believe that some of the US asphalt venues don't want to hold it

Whenever the EFRA block is going to hold the event the BRCA are always only one step away from begging to hold it , we have several venues that are willing to host it and lots of people willing to volunteer to help run it.

Seems a shame that more tracks in the US aren't biting peoples hands off to be able to hold it
Old 01-16-2013, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Porter has no interest in it. Kinda sad, but the owner does not want to invest in re-surfacing the track now. Also, we don't have anything carpet in Houston to be able to service it. The TC's would be fine, but Mod 12th would probably have to be on asphalt and the track is a bit bumpy in 1 section.

From what I gather, Timezone looks like a prime location, don't they have an asphalt and Carpet track "close" to each other? Of course, having them wanting to organize the event is another story.
Actually both Timezone 1 and Timezone 2 are roughly 15-20 minutes apart. Timezone 1 is a European style onroad track that has a slight bank to it at the end of the straight away. Very nice track and a lot of fun to run Mod TC on. Here is the link to the tracks.

Both tracks are located in Washington.

http://www.timezoneracing.com/
Old 01-16-2013, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Chad, that would be the perfect spot for the IFMAR Worlds. You gotta convince them to run the race there
Old 01-16-2013, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Chad, that would be the perfect spot for the IFMAR Worlds. You gotta convince them to run the race there
+1
Old 01-16-2013, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

They are both fine tracks to say the least... the only "but" is they are built in the respective owners back yards.. Pit space would be an issue along with my "over-excitedness" would be a factor.. .

I think a venue that would suffice in the NW would be able to accommodate both 1/12 and TC and preferably indoors... we all know around here that Hangar 30 has the space.. just would need to research and fund the rent and how to lay temp asphalt that could be easily removed.... it would be an EPIC event and think would get great host support from non-world contenders... so basically everyone around here except for Kody could help host...
Old 01-16-2013, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hey Cristian,
I have sent one of the owners a pm. We shall wait and see what he has to say.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by heretic
Actually yes. I believe the tires were exploding.
Yep that was the reason.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Realistically, how big does a track need to be to satisfy the TC faithful? 150'x80' with 10 ft lanes? Most convention centers could easily accomplish this. I don't undertstand the TC racers aversion to holding the Worlds on carpet, as long as the track is big and flowing enough. Housing the race indoors eliminates the potential for bad weather, and offers consistency to the event. Seems like a winner to me.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Realistically, how big does a track need to be to satisfy the TC faithful? 150'x80' with 10 ft lanes? Most convention centers could easily accomplish this. I don't undertstand the TC racers aversion to holding the Worlds on carpet, as long as the track is big and flowing enough. Housing the race indoors eliminates the potential for bad weather, and offers consistency to the event. Seems like a winner to me.
Yes, it is more related to size and the chance to have open fair racing.
Small tight tracks tend to limit overtaking and when a World Championship is at stake, chances are that desperate passes will be attempted.
That is what pretty much occured at the 2010 WC were the track was asphalt but super small and not a single pass was achieved without contact.

If there is a location that can built a large enough carpet track it might work. My concern is that in order to cover all that space with so much good quality carpet such as CRC's it would be far too expensive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.