Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

bumped from page 5

quick question, so it's confirmed that the shaft driven car formerly labelled as 'TF-5' won't be released, am i correct? in the latest RCworld / RCmagazine, they show the belt driven as 'TF-5 Stallion'
Old 03-30-2006, 03:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dodo
bumped from page 5

quick question, so it's confirmed that the shaft driven car formerly labelled as 'TF-5' won't be released, am i correct? in the latest RCworld / RCmagazine, they show the belt driven as 'TF-5 Stallion'
What reliable source on page 5 said the shaft car wasn't to be released ?
Old 03-30-2006, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
What reliable source on page 5 said the shaft car wasn't to be released ?
initially they refer to TF-5 as the shaft car which was to be released in Japan only, but all I know until now there's no further news on that and even before TITC there's a post (dunno in which page) that said the belt driven car is going to be kyosho's contender for the worlds and now they named it TF-5 as well? Thus my assumption that the shaft driven TC plan is scrapped (at least they made it to offroad, the ZX-5)

Kyosho america, do you have any info on this?
Old 03-30-2006, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Right let me clarify everything. The TF-5 is the shaft driven car that Adachi has raced at the JRMCA and will be released in may. It should be available all around the world by then (I know it will be available in Europe right away, can't comment about the US as i simply don't know).

However the belt driven car is the one they will be using at the Worlds, and it has no name yet, if ever. Release of that car is uncertain as far as I know.

All other comment is pure speculation, my info is straight from Kyosho.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
Right let me clarify everything. The TF-5 is the shaft driven car that Adachi has raced at the JRMCA and will be released in may. It should be available all around the world by then (I know it will be available in Europe right away, can't comment about the US as i simply don't know).

However the belt driven car is the one they will be using at the Worlds, and it has no name yet, if ever. Release of that car is uncertain as far as I know.

All other comment is pure speculation, my info is straight from Kyosho.
They name it TF-5 Stallion, it's featured in RCworld and RCmagazine, so their info should be from Kyosho Japan because Adachi was featured in the article as well. Maybe they are using the same 'code' TF-5. or maybe that's temporary name. Thanks for your info
Old 03-30-2006, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Most likely RC World gave whatever name they thought would fit, no name i know of yet.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

Adachi and Ito made A-main with TF-5(shaft driven) for Super Stock Championship at Yatabe Arena. Adachi got 6th place, and Ito got 7th, Masami won with his BDM.
anyway,,, Adachi has been racing with TF-5(shaft driven) these last few month and been doing really good !! (even for Mod)
Old 04-02-2006, 10:40 PM
Tech Master

The Shaft drive car has not been totally ruled out for US market.

Last edited by Gearhead3; 04-02-2006 at 10:56 PM.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

so what am i buying?? shaft or belt??? all i know is the KX one is doing good for me right now so i will beat this car up some more untill the guys at Kyosho HQ decide on what to sell.

all i have to say is FASTER FASTER don't hold out like the Truggy... market for the truggy has slowed down and they are slowly hitting the shops.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:43 PM
Tech Master

Looking the current trend, it's belt-driven car... Just look at the Yokomo, HPI/HB, etc..
So TF-5 should be for belt-driven car... IMO
Old 04-02-2006, 11:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

The KX is a good car if only I can work out my problems on supporting the battery within the chassis. Other than that its very fast. Hopefully I can workout the battery support issues soon so that I can bring it out again.

Also another weak point is the steering servo mount. Something needs to be devised such that it can not shift after being hit. The space within the chassis is so confined, a shift in the steering servo mount can jam the servo saver movement inside the chassis. I have an idea but I am not sure it can fit but it will be worth a try and may also solve the steering servo center weight issue.

Then again this means I would have to stay home and wrench while everyone else gets to play and race. No fair. I'd much rather just go racing with my XRay and forget about wrenching for a while.

However a finned blue anodized motor plate for the KX is good motivation to stay home and wrench. How 'bout that Gearhead hmmmmmmmmm??????
Old 04-03-2006, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 5thscaleracer
all i have to say is FASTER FASTER don't hold out like the Truggy... market for the truggy has slowed down and they are slowly hitting the shops.
are you nuts? Racers that once would have gone to 1/10th truck, are now racing 1/8 truck.

Originally Posted by YR4Dude

However a finned blue anodized motor plate for the KX is good motivation to stay home and wrench. How 'bout that Gearhead hmmmmmmmmm??????
If I get a free momment, i will check that for you. It has been really busy, so i have not had the chance to walk the warehouse to see whats sitting and moving, and what vintage is left.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

In the April 2006 edition of RC Magazine they have the pictures of the TF5 STALLION.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Touring Car-tf5stallion.jpg  
Old 04-03-2006, 09:11 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Well thats a cool looking car.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
The KX is a good car if only I can work out my problems on supporting the battery within the chassis. Other than that its very fast. Hopefully I can workout the battery support issues soon so that I can bring it out again.

Also another weak point is the steering servo mount. Something needs to be devised such that it can not shift after being hit. The space within the chassis is so confined, a shift in the steering servo mount can jam the servo saver movement inside the chassis. I have an idea but I am not sure it can fit but it will be worth a try and may also solve the steering servo center weight issue.

Then again this means I would have to stay home and wrench while everyone else gets to play and race. No fair. I'd much rather just go racing with my XRay and forget about wrenching for a while.

I don't have either problem with the battery or the servo shifting. I am using the standard size servo and the stock plastic battery hold down wings. The factory setup has a small lip towards the front of the battery which prevents it from shifting forward. when i looked at your car they were gont probably broken off or shaved of? i still have a little carbonfiber wall that keeps the battery and servo from ever touching.

As for wrenching i took out my blown one way and i will try to tweak the car with a front diff. i hope it works as good as teh one way setup.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.