Wiki Posts
Search

ATLAS YM-34 Type-Si II

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Din Viesel
I was hoping to swap was an YM-34 si with an YM-34 Si type 2 I was hoping the f/r belts were the same length I have plenty of those belts.
i don't think they are. look at your rear si belt. it's tiny because the layshaft is so close to the rear diff. they were selling a near circular belt shape as one of the attributes that contributed to efficiency on the si. the si-2 looks to be more on the lines of a 60+ tooth rear belt as the layshaft is quite a bit more forward.

this car should be awesome. afterall it fits nicely into the current mould of competive touring cars. and if it's half as durable as its predecessor, it will be the burliest car on the track.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:27 PM
Tech Adept

seaball-
One of the problems I'am haveing right now is finding pictures of the SI 2 2005, I have been to Miwa's website and can not get anything to up load and when I try a search on the web not much comes up! I am sure my pc is not as powerful or I need a certain program to browse japanese web sites! But I would like to see pictures of the Latest version!!!
Old 12-20-2005, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

there are a few pics linked to in the first post. are they not working for you? i just tried them, they are still good. that's all i've seen, but i have a manual saved to my pc at work. which is weird that it's at work, because i don't use the internet there.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Seaball - in the previous cars you had, how hard was it to gather up the parts for a front diff?

Last edited by lawtonlosi; 12-20-2005 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

wonder how the si II compares to the si II 2005 edition with on track (performance) . how many of you guys out there are running either of these cars?
Old 12-21-2005, 04:42 AM
Tech Adept

Seaball-

The pictures above do work, I was wondering how much different the one up top compares to the 2005 edition! That is the first type 2 above right??
Old 12-21-2005, 04:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Din Viesel
Seaball-

The pictures above do work, I was wondering how much different the one up top compares to the 2005 edition! That is the first type 2 above right??
mmm, that is the 2005 up top! not very different to the si II exept for shock towers & top deck from what i can tell, & the main chassis would be slightly different due to the servo sit side ways (in-line) on the si II 2005 edition & straight on the si II. like i said above i'm yet to put my si II on track, but might get the 05 edition shock towers as an extra.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lawtonlosi
Seaball - in the previous cars you had, how hard was it to gather up the parts for a front diff?
for me it was near impossible. i had the type t and then the si. the t was better supported by integy here in the states. the si appeared to be supported by them as well, but everything was out of stock, never to be replaced. and worse, was that i had to spend months to determine this, as i never had an email or phone message returned by them.

the atlas cars are sweet, but it just doesn't seem like there is any push to sell/support them here, or even abroad. i would recommend against this challenge. even though it's exotic, this one's just not worth it unless you can find a us importer.

sorry guys, i didn't realize there were two versions of the si-2. i don't know what changes the latest revision has.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:10 AM
Tech Addict

bump
Old 12-22-2005, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Seaball -

You said you had a pdf manual for the car? Anychance I can get ya to email it to me
Old 12-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

I still currently run the first si and still have great success with it, I am really interested in the new version type 2 and will probably order one after the holidays!!
Old 12-23-2005, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

yeah, we can do that. you should have left your email in the last post. email me and i'll respond with the attachment. i think it's like 5-6 megs.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

Default Atlas

Originally Posted by Sushi Man
Hey keithander is the type t u got a good car, fast and competitive just like all the other new ones?? i got my sources with japan so it wont be to hard getting parts info on car.. just wanted to here a few things about the car... Good for carpet? or asphalt?

Im guessing asphalt becuase it is a Japanese car.... hey who knows?

what do u race it in and how does it do, besides from driving, how is the drivetrain?
sorry if that was too many ?s, i can get one real cheap soooo im thinking about it.
Apologies for the late reply Sushi Man, I just don't get on here as much as I would like !!

I've used the Type T for several years but have recently been using a Tamiya and HPI so the Type T has stayed in the box. I was concluding that it wasn't as competitive as some of the newer cars but most of that was probably down to my driving. Some people are still doing well with the Atlas. I would have thought the car was designed with asphalt in mind, however, I got a decent set-up indoors in carpet using a front diff. The drive train was good and free but diff access was time consuming.

I've still got a couple of type Ts, loads of parts and an original YM34 new built if anyone needs any parts or is interested in a car, just drop me a pm.

Thanks,

Keith.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

if i remember correctly, the old cars came with 7* castor blocs with maybe a 9* option. wtf is that? someone talked about running a diff in the front, so i am deducing that it may be an indoor application, which is all i've ever run. 7-9* of castor is going to cause some headaches on carpet. at least it will with foams. i'm not going to state that it can't work, but it may be a tricky setup and very sensitive to changing grip levels. if this has not changed with the new car, you are going to be wishing you had the ability to reduce castor. i think the pins are 2.5mm, so you may be able to fit another car's carriers on it... but you see where i'm going with this....

just more to consider before investing.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

[email protected] thanks seaball!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.