Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stolen D8 Hara Edition.HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

See, what we are thining, is that where he was pitting was close to a door that was close to the road... if ANYONE knew what was going on inside... easy to walk in...grab whatever they wanted, and slink back into the night... it was i wanna say around 10 or 11 pm when I heard that happened....

Nick, will keep an eye out up north of ya... but our boys that were down there...well... we aint like that.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You should have the track have a race to help you out. They did at the Nitro Pit for a friend that had his car ripped off, I know I would race it.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

PM me your Paypal, I'll donate some money to help you replace. And if you find where he lives, gimme your paypal, and I will donate more money for the address.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drpower
PM me your Paypal, I'll donate some money to help you replace. And if you find where he lives, gimme your paypal, and I will donate more money for the address.

i got a 10 gauge hog leg i'll donate if yall find'em!!!!
Old 04-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Sorry to hear your stuff got stolen theres nothing i hate more than a thief they aint nothing but sorry S>O>Bs.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Lets help out a fellow racer!!!

Nick is a really close friend and thanks guys and keep your ears and eyes open! I know that from now on we will never leave our stuff unattended someone will always be on the look out.
On another note I'm starting a collection to get Nick another buggy as I know it took him a long time and allot of money to put this vehicle togather only to have it ripped away from him stopping him from doing what he loves. He can not afford to replace it and is talking of not even racing his truggy this season. Lets not loose a great guy to this sport because of some insensitive self centered individual.
Send anything you can to this paypal [email protected]
which is Nick's account and lets get Nick back on the track!!!
Thanks to everyone and to all the friends I've made along the way.
Shannon Hall

Last edited by hyperc10; 04-04-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

The only good thief, is a dead thief.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:19 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Sadly its usually folks who see the event and pass thru / watch etc that look for an opportunity. a true hobbyist couldnt afford to be branded with that reputation. there are a couple, but most times its some1 who would steal an RTR with a pretty body over a 2000$ machine w/dirt on it. much like in college when those punks would steal the 50$ chrome walmart bmx special over my 1500$ beater road bike with full campy (all the logos on the components buffed off), earl scheibish multi-color frame, and an 'old leather' brooks on it. jerks.

best wishes. last 2 threads i've seen where 1/8 bugs were stolen actually came back good. hopefully 3 is a charm

R
Old 04-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyperc10
Nick is a really close friend and thanks guys and keep your ears and eyes open! I know that from now on we will never leave our stuff unattended someone will always be on the look out.
On another note I'm starting a collection to get Nick another buggy as I know it took him a long time and allot of money to put this vehicle togather only to have it ripped away from him stopping him from doing what he loves. He can not afford to replace it and is talking of not even racing his truggy this season. Lets not loose a great guy to this sport because of some insensitive self centered individual.
Send anything you can to this paypal address [email protected] which is my personal account and lets get Nick back on the track!!!
Thanks to everyone and to all the friends I've made along the way.
Shannon Hall
I happen to have a brand new D8 Hara kit for sale and I would be willing to give him a great deal. I race at DirtBurners in STL and I was at this race and had a BLAST...just sorry to hear it ended sour for a fellow racer!!!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...body-wrap.html
Old 04-05-2011, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Always sad to hear when this happens...

Hopefully you find your gear.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jammin32j
+100000
too small. but the point is there. i really hope you get your stuff back. i hate to hear of peoples stuff getting stolen. idiots these days. a guy cant have nothing.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

All these LHS that host races, should have a designated pit area for registered racers ONLY, where the entire area is sectioned off from "spectators/visitors" with a staff member monitoring the pit area at all times. This is cheap insurance that will reduce potential theft significantly.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ntrain42
All these LHS that host races, should have a designated pit area for registered racers ONLY, where the entire area is sectioned off from "spectators/visitors" with a staff member monitoring the pit area at all times. This is cheap insurance that will reduce potential theft significantly.
Yes a valid point. Add up everything on your table alone, its a literal gold mine if a thief gets his hand on even one thing. Not to mention keeping people out with useless questions right when you're in the middle of fixing a frustrating problem.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ntrain42
WHile this will keep thievery to minimum, it won't help to get new blood into the sport.. I've had many people new to RCing come up to me and ask questions about my rides, and mostly just to get info, because they are considering taking the plunge.. It is a fine edge for sure, but even with someone watching things can come up missing..

Bringing this back to page 1 so everyone can keep an eye out for it..
Old 04-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

I was at that race if my stuff got stolen I wouldn't be able to replace it I feel for you man. It just sucks even if you find the guy what can u do you can't beat the living s#!$ out of him and teach them a lesson you'd get sued and louse your house.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.