Reedy's new Stock Motor (Stockstar)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reedy's new Stock Motor (Stockstar)

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 06:26 AM
Company Representative

Does anyone know which brushless motor this will be comparable to?
Old 11-17-2007, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey
Isn't there a silver can motor (Not Johnson or Mabuchi) that also has an internal fan?
i have one out of an old drill. it makes a cool whirring sound when you power it up!
Old 11-17-2007, 06:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Even though people compare brushless and brushed motors, I still feel like there's a huge difference between the two. I mean they're completely different systems...

Looking forward to the 19T. Depending on the price I'll pick one up.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I don't know how polically correct this is but it looks cheap and too Chinese. Screw on brushes and poor plating?

How about a stocker that looks like it was carefully assembled and blueprinted, it cost could be more, no tracks enforce ROAR motor rules anyways.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't get the "cheap plating" comment...? The can looks like the same one Reedy/Yokomo has used for a long time now, and it has some of the best magnets in the industry... The brush configuration should be very similar in characteristics to the Checkpoint motors, and the Checkpoint "money" motor is THE 19t motor to run around here... As to the screw-on brushes, that is the way almost EVERY untuned motor is sold today... Only the "pro" or "tuned" motors have soldered on brushes. (Look at the standard CO27'S, Monsters, CORE, etc.)

Old 11-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Please sell them with with the 'screw-on brushes' for us lazy folk.

I know at my LHS it would be an easier sell if when people (non-racers) buy them they had this feature. Makes it easier for them to buy brushes and change them at home.

Plus I suck at soldering so screw'em
Old 11-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tfrahm
I don't get the "cheap plating" comment...? The can looks like the same one Reedy/Yokomo has used for a long time now, and it has some of the best magnets in the industry... The brush configuration should be very similar in characteristics to the Checkpoint motors, and the Checkpoint "money" motor is THE 19t motor to run around here... As to the screw-on brushes, that is the way almost EVERY untuned motor is sold today... Only the "pro" or "tuned" motors have soldered on brushes. (Look at the standard CO27'S, Monsters, CORE, etc.)

All motors stock or 19T brushed motors come from the Sagami factory (except Trinty). The only thing that looks cheap to me is the label becasue it is the prototype label. What appears to white/gray on the label will be chrome on the production model.

A pro racer may not want to use screw on brushes, but at least these screw on brushes are molded in the Quasar competition compound. All youhave to do is remove the eyelets, solder, and race. By the time the motor is out there will be two additional compounds (767, and a high silver) available.

As far as the 19 goes, it is a ROAR legal configuration and is in the process of submission for approval. For those that are unaware, Trinity motors are the only current ROAR legal 19T motors. The other brands are not only not ROAR approved, they would not pass the approval process if submitted.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cammer
I don't know how polically correct this is but it looks cheap and too Chinese. Screw on brushes and poor plating?

How about a stocker that looks like it was carefully assembled and blueprinted, it cost could be more, no tracks enforce ROAR motor rules anyways.
You haven't been racing long have you? If you had you would never have uttered such a thing. Epic stock are fast but they are the most poorly made lumps of metal ever seen. Half the time the magnets are not centered, You can kill the magnets if you run once overgeared on a hot day, the comm's indexing can be off by +/- 5 degrees, they can be balanced poorly, etc.

Reedy motors have always had the best magnets, best tolernaces, best balancing, etc...

Were previous Reedy stockers fast...no. But maybe this one will be.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
All motors stock or 19T brushed motors come from the Sagami factory (except Trinty). The only thing that looks cheap to me is the label becasue it is the prototype label. What appears to white/gray on the label will be chrome on the production model.

A pro racer may not want to use screw on brushes, but at least these screw on brushes are molded in the Quasar competition compound. All youhave to do is remove the eyelets, solder, and race. By the time the motor is out there will be two additional compounds (767, and a high silver) available.

As far as the 19 goes, it is a ROAR legal configuration and is in the process of submission for approval. For those that are unaware, Trinity motors are the only current ROAR legal 19T motors. The other brands are not only not ROAR approved, they would not pass the approval process if submitted.
Rick
Are these motors going to be submitted to BRCA (UK)? I know the BRCA rules are slightly different to the ROAR Rules (God knows why!) hence the Co27 isn't allowed over here..... will this new motor meet our outdated UK rules?

Same applies for the 19t - though over here the KD doesn't fit the rules, but the Checkpoint, Atlas, etc does!

Thanks, look forward to trying one, knew it wouldn't be long before Reedy were "back in the game" with you working for them now

Oli
UK
Old 11-17-2007, 03:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
You haven't been racing long have you? If you had you would never have uttered such a thing. Epic stock are fast but they are the most poorly made lumps of metal ever seen. Half the time the magnets are not centered, You can kill the magnets if you run once overgeared on a hot day, the comm's indexing can be off by +/- 5 degrees, they can be balanced poorly, etc.

Reedy motors have always had the best magnets, best tolernaces, best balancing, etc...

Were previous Reedy stockers fast...no. But maybe this one will be.
The Yoks are nicely made and slow like you said, this one doesn't look to have the same quality lets hope its fast. I just want a fast premium stock motor. I want a stocker built like a checkpoint Mod or a V2 Orion. This one isn't it and it isn't the quality of the Yoks either.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The Yoks are nicely made and slow like you said, this one doesn't look to have the same quality lets hope its fast. I just want a fast premium stock motor. I want a stocker built like a checkpoint Mod or a V2 Orion. This one isn't it and it isn't the quality of the Yoks either.

I need new glasses, because you got a hell of a lot more out of that photo than I did.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by robk
I need new glasses, because you got a hell of a lot more out of that photo than I did.
Thats what I was thinking.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart

Rick, i thing is same like Yokomo T-MAX MSR 23T.. And for new reedy 27T and 19T it still fix timing?
Attached Thumbnails Reedy's new Stock Motor (Stockstar)-yo_msr23t.jpg  
Old 11-17-2007, 11:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I got to test the prototype stock and 19 turn for the past few months. The stock is comparable to a VERY good Blue motor but has more wattage and more RPM with about the same torque. I has ran well in every car I tried it in (12th road, TC, Oval).

The 19 turn is in between the new Orion and a KD Hemi as far as RPM go and has about the same wattage as the KD and torque of the Orion. Its really the best of the two motors together. It seems to run cooler than both and last a lot longer between rebuilds.

Both motors are super easy to work on as the brush hoods dont move around and the brushes fit good in the hoods and dont shift. I think the guys that are still running brushed motors will really like these!

EA
looks like the new motor for next year's Reedy Race of Champions.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
Does anyone know which brushless motor this will be comparable to?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.