Community
Wiki Posts
Search

dynamic_e F- Bad deal!!!Buyer Beware!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default dynamic_e F- Bad deal!!!Buyer Beware!

Well,first off,he can't say anything bad about my side of the transaction,I paid him ASAP!!
Now what happened:
I bought a TC3 from him,from the looks of the pic it was all complete,but the pic was dark and yea I suppose I shoulda asked for a better pic but ,oh well now.
It came today,so I started tinkering with it etc etc and low and behold,ya its an almost FT alright,minus 1 Alum wheel hex(plastic one in its place)the Motor cam isnt there,the motor clamp also isnt there ,the servo mounts,again not there and the steering linkage/servo saver has also gone missing and these were just stock parts not upgraded.
Ya he tried too tell me the 3 Alum hexs were a bonus,because the Team kits come with plastic,but oh ya bonus? NOT This car didnt even come with BLUE CVD's so its never been a team kit,its only ever been a RTR version,granted it is upgraded with carbon but cmon!!! BONUS!!!???
LOL.
He even tried too tell me that the tires that I asked not be included with our deal,was also a bonus,they are worn out bald I think V Rage tires or something,but completely bald!
SO needless to say,BUYER BEWARE!!!!!
Atleast he offered a return on my $$$,but still maybe a little better clarification next time,hell I would of thought the car was atleast complete!!!
Old 07-06-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default Oh boy...

1) I offered a refund, no questions asked

2) Item arrived exactly as pictured.

If that isn't the car that arrived, then let me know. Also, that picture is bright on all 3 of my computers. It shows exactly what comes on it. Maybe you need to turn up the contrast or brightness of your computer

3) I was asking $115 shipped, you offered $105 shipped, with no wheels and tires BUT I tossed them in anyway for you...and they are "bald" because they are slicks. Hpi R compound slicks.

4) I didn't realize that there were aluminum wheel hexes on it..racer kit comes with plastic. Also, team dosent come with an aluminum strap or lundsford TI turnbuckles. or threaded shocks...or graphite bits...so the $105 shipped was a relative bargain.

5) Most racers who run stock class use the graphite bones on the MIP CVDs for less rotating weight. SOrry I didn't mention that.

6) I offered a refund

Like I said, if you aren't happy, let me know and i'll take care of it. but since you didn't accept my offer, so sorry. I've been on RC tech for a while, and sold and bought tens of thousands of dollars worth of stuff on here. I've been on Ebay for well over 7 years, have well over 1000 positive feedbacks...i'm not some newb out to rip anyone off.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

dynamic_e is one of the better sellers out their,If you dont like the deal ship it back and get a refund,I dont think Eric is going to risk his reputation for $105 bucks..And I do think it's a nice car for the money.At least he offered to send your money back.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:45 PM
Tech Regular

Looks to me exactly as described...

So yeah maybe it may cost you a few bucks to get it going, but from the description, all that is missing is also missing in the pic...

What I do now is have a complete play-by-play (listing all the details) on items bought and sold, that way, you have your PMs and E-mails to use in case something is missing but is promised....

So I do see the motor cam and mount missing, and yes there is no steering linkage...

No trying to defend anyone, just that to be careful out there with the deals you make. If you are not 100% sure, ask....

I usually go over the top with details and pics so that no one will come after me due to a misunderstanding, which is what this seems to be...

I also don't think you can always be 100% sure with deals anyways... I know that I keep my cars mint, but many others, who haven't been in the hobby that long, or just aren't as anal, really wouldn't care too much if stuff was mismatched or bent... So in this respect there are two types - those who run and like perfection, or those who bash and as long as it works, fine....

Also, since he DID offer to refund your money, other than the slight inconvenience, what are you out? An angry internet response makes the situation seem worse than it really is... Just ask and many people will tell you of stories where they sent payment and never received ANYTHING, and the seller blocks that person's e-mail....

I sent for a manual a very long time ago - have I seen it? Nope, and he doesn't respond to my PMs or E-mails... Luckily it was just a few dollars, but I'm sure there are folks who have lost hundreds... The internet is a tricky thing... Deal with the right people, and you're lucky, deal with crooks, and you are out a lot of money.

And just so you know, I have dealt with dynamic_e before. Deal was fine, and this was early on in my Internet dealing days... I wouldn't consider myself seasoned, but I have more of a Spidey-sense than before. Just being aware of the language people use and also their number of posts on a forum goes a long way. Trader feedback is also a great thing. Like Eric said, he has been doing this for a long time. I don't think this posting really hurts him, unless a "newb" decides only to read this about him. But everyone needs good feedback regardless. Something to think about.

Just my $0.02

Hope it works out for both parties...

Dave

Last edited by F1Junkie; 07-06-2004 at 11:00 PM.
Old 07-07-2004, 03:00 AM
Tech Regular

His original post.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...&postid=973050
Gotta clear out some cars that are taking up space. Need $$ for downpayment

All were SOLD! Thanks guys!

AE TC3 Team, Partially upgraded to FT
-AL Screws
-TI Turnbuckles
-Fron/Rear Shock TOwer Mod
-FT Threaded Shocks
-Graphite Everything
http://www.dynamictuning.com/images/...ew1/tc3top.jpg
http://www.dynamictuning.com/images/.../tc3bottom.jpg

First off,Im no newb ither,I have been dealing on EBAY since 2000 so I know what can happen and has happened too me one time with scammers.
I too have dealt with a couple people here and many many others on other message boards, so I too have experience there also.
SO yes I should have asked for a better pic,which I admit too in my first post,but cmon,gray carpet gray car,no wonder its hard too see,besides I didnt ask because it didnt say it was an incomplete car,thats my issue.
Yes I am anal sometimes,but I do know it was used and I accept that,but again,he didnt say it was an incomplete car,this is my sticking point.
I think,IMO he wheels and deals so much,he doesnt check and see what hes got before he sells stuff,IE why he didnt even know it had 3 alum wheel hexs,which too me says he never removed the tires,and if he never removed the tires,how does he know what the tires are???
They are bald bald,like almost worn through,the say something on the sidewalls,but the letters are almost totally gone.
granted yeshe offered a refund,again in my original post I said that,but I will just keep the car and put the $30 into it too get it running,I just wish that he would have posted that the car WAS incomplete!
This is not an angry post nor was the one before,I didnt call names Etc. Etc.I mearly stated the facts as I see them,and yes I save every email and PM until the deal is done.
IMO his post was misleading and I left appropriate feedback as I see fit.
His original post.

Last edited by jtcfanof3; 07-07-2004 at 03:05 AM.
Old 07-07-2004, 06:05 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Strange...you say you are not angry....yet the title of the thread is

Perhaps my imagination...but the "F" is usually associated with anger!

Anyway, I can't see much problem with the deal...must be me!!
Old 07-07-2004, 06:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Bizzzare

Yeah, i'm not sure what the issue with this fellow is. He wasn't happy with the item sold and pictured, I offered a refund, he refused and felt it necessary to leave a comment on RC tech.

And then he say's he's not mad, but he leaves derogatory feedback. You got me on that one.

Oh, and my brother in law used it for a few weeks, thats how I know what tires he used, as they were taken from my tire pile...I didn't use it personally, as I have over 15 cars here myself. And why are you complaining about the tires? You didn't want them, but I gave them to you for FREE anyway.

Terribly sorry if you felt mislead, but I offered a reasonable resolution, but you refused and decided to act like a petty teenager by attempting to badmouth me.

Sorry, can't help ya anymore.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by dtm
Strange...you say you are not angry....yet the title of the thread is

Anyway, I can't see much problem with the deal...must be me!!
I think the 'F' is associated with the letter grade, as in F minus, which is really bad...

I can see both sides to this issue. It sucks to have an incomplete car, since going to the LHS you get nickeled and dimed to death on little parts, which is why some people are so anal about pieces missing...

Oh well, live and learn... Again, hope it works out...

Dave
Old 07-07-2004, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by dtm

I personally never got an F in school,however I do know people who did,but I don't ever remeber any teachers being angry when giving the F.
I'm not badmouthing,nor am I a acting like a petty teenager,however I don't wish too deal with you anymore personally and hope someone will read this thread and maybe look just a bit closer too your pic next time,maybe someone can learn from this,I know I have.
I know if I had I bought this from say a store,and got the box home and it was missing pieces,I would ask for the pieces,granted you offered a refund,but........If I send you the car back,Im not guarnteed too get my $$ back,seeing as I have no way of knowing you and would have a hard time proving too anyone that I indeed sent the car back.
Now as for getting a deal,actually I thought I was getting a complete TC3 which for $105 would have been a deal,you didnt say it was incomplete and maybe you have learned something from this issuie and will perhaps make a better description next time,don't count on someone having HIGH contrast on their computer screens.
And now after having too put $30 in too this car,bringing my total too $135 I could have got a complete FT car for $150,so a deal,no not anymore this is why I bought from you.
I think everyone who reads this will get my point and maybe even see your side of it,hopefully you will describe things better next time.
Good Luck!
Old 07-07-2004, 04:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default AH

Sorry the deal ended up like this.

As for refunds, all you need to do is put a delivery confirmation stamp on it from the post office for $.45. With that, you will be able to track to see where it ended up and if it was delivered. I shipped the day I got the payment, and you recieved it promptly. If I was out to jack ya, I would have given you some lame excuse and dissapeared, like most other shady sellers on the net. Not to mention that Paypal has proteciton plans in place for scenarios where someone tried to rip a consumer off.

If I went to a store and the item was missing pieces, I would have gotten a refund.

Anyway, a learning lesson is a lesson for the both of us.

GOod luck.
Old 07-07-2004, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

My whole point being,you sold it under false pretences,IMO,I would not have bought a TC3 that was incomplete,had I known it was incomplete, I would not have offered you any $$.
As for conformation on delievery,ya I can prove I sent something and it got there but all you have too say is,"Ya I got a box,but it was empty" sorry for me being distrusting of you but.............
GOOD LUCK!
Old 07-07-2004, 05:24 PM
Tech Lord

$30 for a motor clamp..from who.The team car came with a plastic motor mount and the small motor clamp.Total of $18.Most true FT cars for $150 have been used pretty hard,and 99% of the time need the chassis replaced..warped or screw holes stripped..been their,in the future ask questions about the car,might save you some problems,and I have been in the same position.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by xxxkat
$30 for a motor clamp..from who.The team car came with a plastic motor mount and the small motor clamp.Total of $18
Motor clamp $9.29
Motor cam $7.69
Servo mounts $2.39
Steering rack set $4.79
Sockett head cap screw(for motor clamp)$1.90
Turnbuckle set,ither steel$12.99 or titanium $26.99
So as you can see,$30 atleast worth of parts missing.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:55 PM
Tech Lord

I thought it had turnbuckles and in the photo it looked like it came with a steering rack also,was it broken?The reason why I had said the FT cars for $150..thrashed,Is I have bought 2 of them and they were junk..looked good,but in the end they were junk,That is a problem with cars that have that type of chassis,So you should Always ASK about the condition of the chassis,any striped holes??
Old 07-07-2004, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

This is what I meen,the pic is hard too distinguish whats there and what is'nt.
Unfortunatly,you can't just buy 1 turnbuckle from the LHS,which I need 1 for the servo linkage too go too the servo arm.
Yes the turnbuckles are there,thankfully,LOL but I need 1 more.
Yes the rack is there,but you have too buy the steering rack kit,which includes the servo saver 2 ball studs etc etc,which is what is missing from it.
As for true FT cars being thrashed,I bought my awesome FT TC3 for $200,it was in A+ condition not a thing wrong with it at all.
No screw holes striped ,that I know of,I have yet too wrench on it,seeing as I can not run it until I get the parts for it.
Needless too say,I learned a lesson about dynamic_e even though he had good feedback before,you still have too be careful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.