Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XXX4 vs. TC3 "o" - What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2002, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Forgot to say nice that you join us MOJOE300.
Old 08-18-2002, 10:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey taz, yes Im aware that the car is new and about to be produced I was talking about the conversions that people were doing. Using xx4 aarms all around and lengthening the chassis. What about a slipper is that going to be incorporated into its design? I see that you are a factory driver so you have access to the factory mods before we all do. Im sure the car you have is definitely more than converting a xxxs into a xxx4. Hey thanks..for the info...Joe
Old 08-18-2002, 10:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for welcoming me TAZ, like I said I have been around RC for awhile...LoL I havent been called ROOKIE in a really long time!!! LOL
Old 08-19-2002, 02:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Hi Joe,
cool story, mine is pretty similar although I stated in 1983 when the Tamiya boom was in full swing!!
we used to run Sand Scorchers and the like, as modified as you could, then went onto Scorpion, wow what a car... Then like you said Optimas and such like until the infamous RC-10. I ended up getting a works Schumacher drive, becoming Scottish champ before discovering the finer things in life like beer and women !!

I still like to compete but unfortunatley for me touring cars are still all the rage, I miss 4wd off road racing, it to my mind was the best class to race in.

With any luck Schumacher will keep going with developing their cars, Tamiya will bring out an affordable, competitive one, Kyosho like wise, and in a year we'll all be debating which of the many cars to buy to get back into this great class of racing !!!
Old 08-19-2002, 06:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Stule, I see you started even before me! Yeah 4 wheel drive cars always got my attention with their designs, the way they have evolved is truly remarkable from the old days. I remember buying my yokomo dogfighter which came with absolutely nothing! It even had a kydex chassis! and monoshocks front and rear! Then the RPS yokomo came out with a little help from mr Gil Losi Jr., that car was able to be run out of the box, but still needed some mods to keep it on the track. I raced schumacher cats, 4 wheel rc10's, optimas, hot trick optimas, optima mids, then the long wheel base mid, all of the yokomo yz10s even the beckwith yokomo chassis conversion,(anybody remember that)?, Tomy Intruders,lazer zx, zxr, I even have a brand new Lazer zxs that I never ran! I have seen alot of cars come and go. I agree that tamiya needs to come out with an affordable 4 wheel off road car, but do they need to? Also a competitive one. Hey their designs were way ahead of their time, just not practical for competitive off road racing. Too many things to go wrong. The newer cars such as the xx4 and new schumacher cats and my favorite is the Lazer zxs evo, are truly awesome cars. From what we had back in the early days! Hey I hope I didnt bore anyone I am just very passionate about these cars....Joe
Old 08-19-2002, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by MOJOE300
all of the yokomo yz10s even the beckwith yokomo chassis conversion,(anybody remember that)?,
Yea i remember JD the little $%#@ but he was fun to be around and very fast. To bad he get tired and that when he get in to much in deep.
Old 08-19-2002, 07:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Haha yeah I heard he was pretty funny, I heard at the 95 offroad worlds he ate a giant bug for cash! They collected money and he ate it for all the money! I spoke to him a few times on the phone when ordering parts from him and setup questions, he sounded pretty cool.
Old 08-19-2002, 02:25 PM
Tech Adept

hey mojo, what's up? you were talking about people's coversions? i managed to get mine in to hi torque's r/c car mag september issue. question though: how have people lenghtened the chassis though?...i'm interested
Old 08-19-2002, 04:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Schumacher, if you are converting a XXXS into a XXX4 the wheelbase is going to be too short. What I believe is being done is adding a graphite plate in the rear to extend the wheelbase, and some other parts that they are developing. Then again Im not totally sure. Im sure that Taz s can help you out more. Its more than just adding longer a arms and longer shocks. I havent built one myself because im waiting to see if they are going to produce one. But im sure that your car is awesome in its "short" wheelbase! I would like to see a pic if you dont mind. You can email me at [email protected]. Hey take care....Joe
Old 08-19-2002, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

The new car as a longer molded chassies in the back. if you look at it in the mags it hard to see but up close you can see how much longer it is.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Production of the XXX-4 has now been announced - there's more here
Old 08-29-2002, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

the link dose not work.
Old 08-29-2002, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Ahhhh - the reason that it doesn't work is because Car Action have removed the thread from their board.

Perhaps they broke Losi's embargo?

Anyway, to rephrase what was said in it, the car is due for release late fall, with $269 as the price.

It looked a lot like the most recent Matt Francis prototypes, with new moulded front wishbones, and the rather unusual body as seen at the worlds.

Otherwise, the chassis looked like it was a different, slightly longer design compared to the XXX-S.

Slipper clutch is included, but it had clamp-type shocks.

Hopefully the thread will reappear soon.
Old 08-29-2002, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

I think you can use the XX-4 shocks. So if you had a XX-4 you can use the shocks off of it.
Old 08-29-2002, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

no the pics showed it with xx4 shocks - I meant it didn't have threaded bodies like the Kinwald buggy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.