Wiki Posts
Search

New JACO foam sedan tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by CraigX
And just for clarification, in case anyone needed it...

Pink-30
Magenta-32
Double pink-35
Lilac-38
Purple-40
I dont see cyan listed...
Old 08-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Carey
I dont see cyan listed...
I am not sure but my guess would be Cyan is a Magenta/Orange
Old 08-09-2007, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

i like them.. i cant wait to try them out this winter.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:46 AM
Tech Regular

My only request would be to do away with the different compounds being named after colors, just cut to the chase and just give a shore rating...

"company x's cyan is actually our magenta...." what a load of BS!

people would buy more tires if they knew that they were buying the right compounds instead of guessing, I have been searching for a conversion chart of Jaco's color tire ratings for some time, and still have not got a reliable source.

Please can someone at Jaco post a comprehensive color>shore chart.

It is comforting that others are also somewhat confused by the whole issue...

Pete,

PS. nice looking rims, but a broken rim wont win any races. I still go for "function over form". and therefore prefer dish rims.

my 2c
Old 08-10-2007, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PeteB
My only request would be to do away with the different compounds being named after colors, just cut to the chase and just give a shore rating...

"company x's cyan is actually our magenta...." what a load of BS!

people would buy more tires if they knew that they were buying the right compounds instead of guessing, I have been searching for a conversion chart of Jaco's color tire ratings for some time, and still have not got a reliable source.

Please can someone at Jaco post a comprehensive color>shore chart.

It is comforting that others are also somewhat confused by the whole issue...
Originally Posted by CraigX
And just for clarification, in case anyone needed it...

Pink-30
Magenta-32
Double pink-35
Lilac-38
Purple-40
Old 08-10-2007, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have heard that there are also different 'families' of rubber that our tires are made from. What families are the same for the compounds that Jaco makes tires from... Or is the 12th scale only?

Pink-30
Magenta-32
Double pink-35
Lilac-38
Purple-40
Old 08-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
Pink
Magenta
Double pink
Lilac
Purple
Double pink/ Orange
Cyan
This was Jack's post about what compounds will be out......

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
Craig posted earlier where the shore ratings fell in. The cyan is not the DP/O equivalent like for other companies. The cyan is different.

Just like the magenta is different than the double pink.
Yeah I know....my question was Jack listed a Cyan as one of the tire compounds as well as a double Pink/Orange....so what compounds make up JACO's Cyan? Is it a Magenta/Orange? or something else? Does anyone know what compound or compounds make up the JACO Cyan?
Old 08-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kevin K
This was Jack's post about what compounds will be out......

Yeah I know....my question was Jack listed a Cyan as one of the tire compounds as well as a double Pink/Orange....so what compounds make up JACO's Cyan? Is it a Magenta/Orange? or something else? Does anyone know what compound or compounds make up the JACO Cyan?
Im thinking it might be a Lilac/Orange since the list is going from softest to hardest going down. Just a thought
Old 08-10-2007, 12:40 PM
alb
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Carey
Im thinking it might be a Lilac/Orange since the list is going from softest to hardest going down. Just a thought

Get a job.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Tech Champion

PS. nice looking rims, but a broken rim wont win any races. I still go for "function over form". and therefore prefer dish rims.
Hey Pete,

I understand where you're coming from here. But please keep in mind that Josh and Jack designed this rim, and tested different stress points and such while they were designing it. A solid dish rim isn't nesecarily going to be stronger than a spoked rim. To be totally honest, I've cracked more dish rims than I have of the spoked 26mm rims. In fact, I personally have not cracked any of the spoked rims. I'm positive that Jack and Josh both kept durability, and flex characteristics in mind when designing this rim, and I know that Jack is willing to test different compounds of plastics in order to produce a durable rim.

I would say it's probably best to wait and see how they perform before writing them off as fragile just because they are spoked.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by alb
Get a job.
I have a job, how bout you do something at your job instead of surfing the net...
Old 08-10-2007, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by punkboy
Hey Pete,

I understand where you're coming from here. But please keep in mind that Josh and Jack designed this rim, and tested different stress points and such while they were designing it. A solid dish rim isn't nesecarily going to be stronger than a spoked rim. To be totally honest, I've cracked more dish rims than I have of the spoked 26mm rims. In fact, I personally have not cracked any of the spoked rims. I'm positive that Jack and Josh both kept durability, and flex characteristics in mind when designing this rim, and I know that Jack is willing to test different compounds of plastics in order to produce a durable rim.

I would say it's probably best to wait and see how they perform before writing them off as fragile just because they are spoked.

I agree,

If you can get good looking rims that dont break, why not go for them...

I'll give them a shot, but one busted rim and thats it...
Old 08-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

thanks Steve, but I was after a COMPREHENSIVE chart, from the manufacturer. I still hope to get one.

BTW, what is the shore rating of an orange? and is there a difference between Jaco, parma, GRP etc etc.

this is the Trinity color/shore chart, it is the best that I have found so far.

are the Jaco colors similar?
Attached Thumbnails New JACO foam sedan tires-touring_10.gif  
Old 08-10-2007, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Great looking rims Jack!!

I have a thought for the diameter- 58mm is great for pure "big race" racing, and the thought of not having to cut 6mm or more of tire off right out of the package is great, but keep in mind that the regular club racer (you know, the races where the racers actually purchase their tires) who is racing where there may only be 10-40 entries will appreciate the slightly larger 60mm sidewall because your typical club track doesn't see enough cars on a weekly basis to have that "wicked Nationals" bite. The extra height generates some of the missing traction.

Well, my wife has asked me so many questions and agravated me until I've completely lost my train of thought....

anyway, looks great Jack- thanks for working hard to provide better products for us.

Jason
Old 08-10-2007, 09:37 PM
Tech Champion

I agree,

If you can get good looking rims that dont break, why not go for them...

I'll give them a shot, but one busted rim and thats it...
LOL, thats fair. Good to hear you're willing to give them a try

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.