Search

MP9 VS. RC8B

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 06:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
has AE figured out there tanks yet??
i can't get a working tank for the life of me! the mugen tank i put in it even leaks! gonna try a hot bodies tank next or maybe zero will send me an 809 tank to try. i have burned two 5955 servos in the buggy(i didn't use any shims to space them far enough off of the chassis). the third 5955 is being affected by my radios failsafe. btw, all of these servos are between 2 and 4 years old, lol! the shocks have have been run since october with out a rebuild and one of them blew the seals out. sorry garrett, no broken shafts!
Old 01-17-2010, 11:55 PM
Tech Elite

I currently have 3-4 good AE tanks. I would like to see one with a working clunk in it. The D8 one is fine once you fix it.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:15 AM
Tech Adept

A Swedish driver who was leavinf RC8 for MP9 this year drove the MP9 the first time at Nitromania, and directly he sait that the MP9 is way mor stable in the rear and easier to drive ... of cause i guess it can be different on different track but he was very pleased.

Then they explaned that they was changing alot more on the car between the races than with the MP9.

I´m not saying that RC8 is bad ... only try to explain the some differences.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Assuming the same car, if you are competitive your setup (difs, shoks, tires, etc) will change from track to track, there is no such thing as one fits all. Remenber Jack of all trades master of none?......
Old 01-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

If money is not a problem:

Kyosho, XRay and Mugen are one of the best. Then is u that you have to do the difference.

i dont want to sound bad to other manufactures like odonell, Tamiya, Losi, Ae but i never had experience with those cars. If i had the money to buy them all i will be very glad to tell you my experience.