Search

hlpressley- BAD SERVICE

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 10:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)
Default hlpressley- BAD SERVICE

Hey guys,

This is a thread is to tell everyone my experience with Harold (hpressley). I purchased a Savox Servo from him about a few weeks ago. When I received it in the mail it was the servo ONLY it was wrapped in a crumpled paper towel with no other padding (luckily it was not damaged). There was no original box as described in the thread that he posted which I copy/pasted the text from his FS thread. I emailed him the same day I received the servo to which he responded.

You are correct. I am sorry. I forgot that posted I would include the box. I will be happy to ship the box to you on Tuesday if you want it. Sorry about that. I just simply forgot.

Thanks,
HP

His FS thread text.

[QUOTE=hlpressley;9308167]These servos are my personal servos and have been used one time in my truggy. I decided truggy isn't for me and have since sold the truck so I really have no need for the servos. I have a 1268 and a 1267 that will ship in the original box etc. They look and work just like new. I can get pics upon request but they are as described.

$70 each or $135 shipped for both.

No trades and lowballs will be ignored

I emailed him six days ago requesting that he ship the box to the address I provided and to this day I have not received the original box or even a response. I sent him a PM through RCTECH yesterday to which he did not respond to as well. Now I understand it is just a box, but I am the type of person that likes keeping everything stored away in the original packaging when not in use. Now when he didn't respond to both my email and PM, I assumed that he no longer wanted to deal with me so I left him negative feedback which in turn he left me negative feedback.....

It's the principle here. If you said you will provide the original box along with the servo I believe this is what the customer should receive. I would not have purchased the servo in the first place if there was no original packaging.

This is my second dealing with Harold and I will say that both times have been a bad experience. The first time it took him over two months to get me over 800.00 worth of product I ordered which I won't even get into.

Really not sure what I did wrong to deserve the negative feedback but wanted some input from the members here.

Last edited by skengines; 07-18-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (96%+)

He's a mod... Wow.... Looks like Oasis had a problem with him also recently if you look at his visitor messages..... Hopefully he fixes this and fixes the negative you DONT deserve..... you paid the guy so your end of the deal was a done deal which is a POSITIVE in my books...

GoodLuck
Old 07-18-2011, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

This isn't a defense or a stab, just an inquiry. Why would you have gone back if the first deal wasn't good?

There are a couple people who seem really decent overall, but my experience wasn't the best. I wouldn't deal with them again.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:12 PM
Tech Champion

Funny you say that because my friends asked me the same question but I gave Harold the benefit of the doubt with this second purchase. It is now safe to say I will not be purchasing from Harold again.

Luckily my buddies purchased through Premiere Hobbies which provided very great service.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skengines
Hey guys,

This is a thread is to tell everyone my experience with Harold (hpressley). I purchased a Savox Servo from him about a few weeks ago. When I received it in the mail it was the servo ONLY it was wrapped in a crumpled paper towel with no other padding (luckily it was not damaged). There was no original box as described in the thread that he posted which I copy/pasted the text from his FS thread. I emailed him the same day I received the servo to which he responded.

You are correct. I am sorry. I forgot that posted I would include the box. I will be happy to ship the box to you on Tuesday if you want it. Sorry about that. I just simply forgot.

Thanks,
HP

His FS thread text.

Originally Posted by hlpressley
These servos are my personal servos and have been used one time in my truggy. I decided truggy isn't for me and have since sold the truck so I really have no need for the servos. I have a 1268 and a 1267 that will ship in the original box etc. They look and work just like new. I can get pics upon request but they are as described.

$70 each or $135 shipped for both.

No trades and lowballs will be ignored
Originally Posted by hlpressley

I emailed him six days ago requesting that he ship the box to the address I provided and to this day I have not received the original box or even a response. I sent him a PM through RCTECH yesterday to which he did not respond to as well. Now I understand it is just a box, but I am the type of person that likes keeping everything stored away in the original packaging when not in use. Now when he didn't respond to both my email and PM, I assumed that he no longer wanted to deal with me so I left him negative feedback which in turn he left me negative feedback.....

It's the principle here. If you said you will provide the original box along with the servo I believe this is what the customer should receive. I would not have purchased the servo in the first place if there was no original packaging.

This is my second dealing with Harold and I will say that both times have been a bad experience. The first time it took him over two months to get me over 800.00 worth of product I ordered which I won't even get into.

Really not sure what I did wrong to deserve the negative feedback but wanted some input from the members here.
really bad feedback just because of the original box??

you have to be kidding
Old 07-19-2011, 06:27 AM
Tech Champion

Like I mentioned earlier I understand it is only a box but this is something Harold.could've easily resolved if he had sent the box after the first email.

I am only posting this up because he left me negative feedback for his mistake which he clearly admitted.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

I don't mean to discount this, but you may LOVE to store stuff in the original box....if I sold you something and I forgot to ship the box....I wouldn't even think twice or make it my TOP priority to ship an empty box to you man.

Negative feedback over a box is just ridiculous! Harold is a good guy and sells a lot of good stuff. Sure...maybe he doesn't ship the fastest, but the stuff he sells is always top notch. Don't be all stressing over a plastic servo box. I mean come on now.....Now if the servo was all busted up...then fine get stressed. But a box?

Unreal....remind me not to sell you anything I list ;-) I would have left you negative feedback as well since nit picky buyers are not worth selling to IMHO. I'd rather sell it for $5 cheaper to someone that's not going to give me a headache.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I see all sides of this I think.

He stated he forgot the box.. yes, that's his fault.

You wanted and paid for the box too.. yes that's true

was BAD SERVICE and negative feedback needed, eh, apparently so.

I assume your like myself and have a little OCD. Not saying it's a bad thing, I have it and I like my stuff a certain way and it bothers me when it's not. That being said, I believe you have to take a grain of salt with a forum and a bunch or RC'ers trying to get by. I would think this could be worked out without the negative feedback but it's not my deal and that's just my opinion.

As you said, it's the principle. The other side is that sometimes we forget we're not dealing with someone that only does this, is human, can easily forget blah blah blah.

Perhaps there is a way to resolve this. For now I'm not convinced that hlprss needs to be added to my ignore list quite yet. Also, the second dealing when you weren't happy with the first, yet never said so, is unnerving. If I even have a wif of a bad deal, postive feedback can be left, but rest assured I'd never chance it again.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:30 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Like I mentioned earlier I understand it is only a box but this is something Harold.could've easily resolved if he had sent the box after the first email.

I am only posting this up because he left me negative feedback for his mistake which he clearly admitted.
i have bought from harold and never any problems! item always in excellent condition, if you want a empty savox box let me know and i will send you one of the 12 i have! but a negitive feedback for a little plastic box is just crazy!
Old 07-19-2011, 07:36 AM
Tech Champion

I would not have purchased the servo if the original box was NOT going to be included.

You are really missing the point here. I understand it's just a box but when you advertise an item for sell I strongly believe that the seller should provide what was advertised. Now if he had mentioned the box would not be provided then this thread would NOT be valid.

BTW: I did give Harold enough time to send the box and he did email me that he would send it.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by eri3f0g
I see all sides of this I think.

He stated he forgot the box.. yes, that's his fault.

You wanted and paid for the box too.. yes that's true

was BAD SERVICE and negative feedback needed, eh, apparently so.

I assume your like myself and have a little OCD. Not saying it's a bad thing, I have it and I like my stuff a certain way and it bothers me when it's not. That being said, I believe you have to take a grain of salt with a forum and a bunch or RC'ers trying to get by. I would think this could be worked out without the negative feedback but it's not my deal and that's just my opinion.

As you said, it's the principle. The other side is that sometimes we forget we're not dealing with someone that only does this, is human, can easily forget blah blah blah.

Perhaps there is a way to resolve this. For now I'm not convinced that hlprss needs to be added to my ignore list quite yet. Also, the second dealing when you weren't happy with the first, yet never said so, is unnerving. If I even have a wif of a bad deal, postive feedback can be left, but rest assured I'd never chance it again.
Thank you for taking time to understand both sides.

It's not like I gave Harold negative feedback as soon as I received the servo. I gave him plenty of time to send the box, but when he decided to ignore my email and also my PM that really irritated the heck out of me.

I have learned my lesson dealing with Harold and was stupid for dealing with him again after my first experience.

I have already told Harold that I won't be needing the box and again this thread isn't really about the box, but the fact that he left me negative feedback for his mistake. After he was paid I felt he could care less about his customer. Also the fact that he only replied to my PM after I left him negative feedback is very selfish.

Last edited by skengines; 07-19-2011 at 08:33 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:28 AM
Tech Champion

To the Administrators:

I would be more than happy to have the negative feedback I left for hlpressley retracted but I would like the negative feedback he left for me removed and keep this thread open.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 187 (100%+)

I see this guys point. If you sell something as listed with the original box, then include the box. If you screw up and forget to include it, thats your fault as a seller.
If the person youre selling to says thats fine, no big deal its just a box, then fine. However if they really want the box its your job as a seller to make it right.

Plus he made it worse saying he would ship out the box, and then didnt follow through, and is now ignoring the buyers pm's. Thats not a good move as a seller.

How hard is it to get up a few minutes early, stop at the post office before work, and spend the 80 cents to ship it to your buyer.... especially when it would save you from a negative and all this
Old 07-19-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

I would not have purchased the servo if the original box was NOT going to be included.

You are really missing the point here. I understand it's just a box but when you advertise an item for sell I strongly believe that the seller should provide what was advertised. Now if he had mentioned the box would not be provided then this thread would NOT be valid.

BTW: I did give Harold enough time to send the box and he did email me that he would send it.
If you want an original box or you won't buy it...then go buy a new one. If you want a deal on a used one and it works when it shows up (with or without a box)....don't sweat the small stuff man. It's just a box....
Old 07-19-2011, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

i understand the whole you should get what you purchase thing, but what were you gonna actually do with the box? i can understand if it was a aluminum servo arm that didnt get sent or something along those lines that is needed for the opperation of the item you bought. This to me just seems like a lot of trouble over a plastic box.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.