Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When the heat is on

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 01:30 AM
Tech Elite

Default When the heat is on

In my last two races, I did quite well. It was races with 6 clubs. I almost ended up very close to the fastest guy in our local club. In one final, he was only 1-2 seconds before me. At those two races, I was quite relaxed, especially compared to my earlier races. So it was good races in several was.

Now last night, we did 3 qualifiers in our local club winter tournament. 1. qualifier: Had trouble due to a loose servo saver. I only check this from time to time, since it never gone loose before. So I had to fight the car. Surprisingly, I got second place.

Unfortunately, I just discovered the servo saver trouble seconds before qualifier 2, so I had changed tires. I tightnend the servo saver and got on the podium. The car oversteered real bad. Once again, I had to drive very carefully and fight the car. This time I came on 3. place, which still surpriced me, since I felt I drove badly.

In the last qualifier the car worked well. I was quite excited. There was a lot of figthing on the track, tha fastest guy had a bad start including a time consuming crash. I was too excited and made some faults, including a minor crash, where he passed me. The second fastest guy passed me too.

It ended up, that I total got third place. Which I'm happy with, especially since there's only seconds between us.

In some way it surprises me, that this little local battle ended up with that much excitement. Not that those previous races wasnt exciting, but there was much more heat last night. Maybe it's because it's more personal. For my part, I'll find a great pleasure in beating those two guys, at least once. Primarily because it has been my goal for almost 2 years. Secondly because they got better equipment than me. Especially the fastest guy, his dad got a LHS.

Usually, I drive better, when I'm calm and relaxed. So it really surprised me, that it went out that good, even though I got so excited last night. But maybe the other guys was excited too, usually they dont get that much resistance in our local club.

Well, I just wanted to share... and I'll be better prepared for the next event ! I need a little fine trimming of my setup, so the car get more stable
Old 04-10-2003, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Default When the heat is on

Cole Trickle;

It sure is more fun when you win, but for me the adrenaline rush of racing is what it's all about.
Old 04-10-2003, 08:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

i've never raced....other than with my friend....hehe..i wanna race though...but dun't think im good enuf
Old 04-10-2003, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: When the heat is on

Originally posted by popsracer
Cole Trickle;

It sure is more fun when you win, but for me the adrenaline rush of racing is what it's all about.
For me I just like to a good close race for any position. Even if it is for 4th place, it is really fun to race with a driver of similar speed. Of course it is best when you can take 1st too!!! I'd rather have a very close race for any position than put two laps on the entire field.
Old 04-10-2003, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Very true.
Old 04-10-2003, 04:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by davioh
i've never raced....other than with my friend....hehe..i wanna race though...but dun't think im good enuf
Don't let thinking you're not good enough stop you. Get out there and race! Most tracks have a few beginners there and you might just supprise yourself.
Old 04-10-2003, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

the Novice class at my local track is the second biggest class. You don't have to be very good to start racing, besides how are you going to get any better? It is a lot different to race on a track rather than just driving around.