Team Tamale Xray T4'14 Chassis

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Tamale Xray T4'14 Chassis

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 07:14 PM
Tech Adept

For anyone that has tried to visit my site teamtamale.com and found it unavailable, I apologize for the inconvenience. I have been using a fairly in expensive web host for this and am only allowed a certain amount of traffic per month, and because of increased interest in this and other parts this month, this limit has been exceeded. It will be available the 1st of next month. You can always purchase directly from by contacting me directly at [email protected].
Old 09-15-2014, 11:42 AM
Suspended

I just got back from round 3 of the Texas EOS race. Again, i took a carbon chassis and an aluminum Team Tamale. Both with same setup and again found the team tamale chassis to be faster and more forgiving on the bumpy high traction surface. TQ and win in the first two A-mains of modified. Anyone looking for something different should def give this chassis a look.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Just got my chassis in the mail yesterday.....PRETTY! Can't wait to install it.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

This chassis is marvelous! It makes a lazy '14 feel very nimble and direct. Any plans to update it to fit the '15?
Old 09-24-2014, 12:44 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by syndr0me
This chassis is marvelous! It makes a lazy '14 feel very nimble and direct. Any plans to update it to fit the '15?
Yep! Im already discussing with Larry the changes and updates that we can do for the new car. Keep an eye out. I bet we have one out really soon.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
Yep! Im already discussing with Larry the changes and updates that we can do for the new car. Keep an eye out. I bet we have one out really soon.
Great news. I honestly wasn't expecting much from the chassis change, but I was shocked. The car is so easy to drive and direct. You don't have to wait for it to untwist when exiting a corner which allows you to get in the power faster. I'm a believer. Thanks!
Old 09-24-2014, 01:18 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Great news. I honestly wasn't expecting much from the chassis change, but I was shocked. The car is so easy to drive and direct. You don't have to wait for it to untwist when exiting a corner which allows you to get in the power faster. I'm a believer. Thanks!
Thanks for the feedback! Glad you like it!

I have been running the 1.25 almost exclusively for the last two months. I think it allows the car to flex just enough with the 2.0 topdeck. The 1.6 topdeck seems to crack and tweak too easily for it to be a good substitution which is what I ran on the 1.5.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:28 PM
Tech Adept

Top secret work going on.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:56 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Better hurry since the 15's will be here before Vegas! Everyone will be wanting one now that Syndr0me has given it the Mile high thumbs up!

EA
Old 09-25-2014, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Are chassis suppost to come with a bow in them ( around the steering posts area it bows up from there forward) I installed both of mine without checking them but someone at our track just received one and it was bowed in that area and check mine with a strait edge and both of mine are as well...
BTW the Tt chassis worked great for matt and I at the southern nationals with the G-Spec tires. With our setup their was hardly any ware on tires and consistent traction every round
Old 09-25-2014, 12:38 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
Are chassis suppost to come with a bow in them ( around the steering posts area it bows up from there forward) I installed both of mine without checking them but someone at our track just received one and it was bowed in that area and check mine with a strait edge and both of mine are as well...
BTW the Tt chassis worked great for matt and I at the southern nationals with the G-Spec tires. With our setup their was hardly any ware on tires and consistent traction every round
From what Larry has told me, the aluminum wants to bow like that because of the recessing in the top. The slight bow in the chassis if there when received will be straightened out when the bulkheads are attached via topdeck and should not be anything to be worried about.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:16 PM
Tech Adept

Adding the cutouts in the chassis does cause some but not all of these to bow. It's very unpredictable. I do check and straighten these before shipping them out. I have on occasion hve the relax back after a while. The last few that I did that have been hanging on my wall are still flat. As Chris said, a slight bow doesn't seem to effect anything. If it is severe, drop me an email and a pic and we will work it out.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:20 AM
Tech Adept

Just to let everyone know, the '14 chassis will include the mounting holes for the new ARS system when the parts become available.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by team_tamale
Just to let everyone know, the '14 chassis will include the mounting holes for the new ARS system when the parts become available.
Awesome! Been wanting to try out an aluminum chassis as well as ARS on my T4'14, now I can kill two birds with one stone!
Old 09-26-2014, 06:38 PM
Tech Adept

Just finishing up adding the 2 holes for the new ARS system. Available at teamtamale.com.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.