Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Adept

Default my opinion

My opinion is that if you buy a brushed RTR SCT for under 250.00 make no mods but what they give you in the kit to work with, it good to go. Run any manufacturers RTR SCT tires, but on your trucks rims. Traxxas needs to keep up with the changes. It is like real cars. A stock 2008 Honda is going to blow away a stock 1988 Honda. Yes Traxxas started the SCT, as well as Henry Ford built the model T. I really don't care what class I race in, as long as I have a class to be in.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

So, I guess you can look at it that way. But, all the trucks except a slash have been moved into another class. I guess the other class is the stock class now. This is referring back to Nighthawk.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:09 PM
Tech Adept

I guess it is called the Slash class for a reason. Lol! So do I race in the Losi class?? Haha! I really don't care. I will put it down on the track with the buggy's if I have too. That will make one hell of a challenge for me. Sharpen my skills real quick. Lol! I will follow the rules at any track. And if there is no class for me to run, I will turn Marshall all day and have fun anyways.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HimotoRicer
I guess it is called the Slash class for a reason. Lol! So do I race in the Losi class?? Haha! I really don't care. I will put it down on the track with the buggy's if I have too. That will make one hell of a challenge for me. Sharpen my skills real quick. Lol! I will follow the rules at any track. And if there is no class for me to run, I will turn Marshall all day and have fun anyways.
Only if more people had your mindset, then it would be a non-problematic world.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Mod Trucks are funner!
Old 02-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

I am getting the Himoto buggy together finally. Should have the cheap Himoto ready for stiff competition. The transformation was cheap to try and make a competitor with it. They actually have some nice mods for there stuff. The hardware sucks though!! Changed all that over and bolted everything, no more E clips Have all the parts coming for the MBX6 this week also. Going to give the Himoto a trashing since I have the Mugen to race this year.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am getting the Himoto buggy together finally. Should have the cheap Himoto ready for stiff competition. The transformation was cheap to try and make a competitor with it. They actually have some nice mods for there stuff. The hardware sucks though!! Changed all that over and bolted everything, no more E clips Have all the parts coming for the MBX6 this week also. Going to give the Himoto a trashing since I have the Mugen to race this year.

Good to see you got it together Gabe!!!! I just finished building my Odonnell ZO1Buggy last night and just ran it today in this 60 degree weather.Finally got to step out the door without freezin my nads off !!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Tech Adept

I got the Losi SCT ready. If I was not deathly ill, I would have the truggy and MBX6 underway. I wish I had the truggy ready to fire, it would have been nice to run something today !!!JIM!! rub it in. lol. Whats in that buggy??
Old 02-19-2011, 02:44 PM
Tech Addict

I got the Losi SCT ready. If I was not deathly ill, I would have the truggy and MBX6 underway. I wish I had the truggy ready to fire, it would have been nice to run something today !!!JIM!! rub it in. lol. Whats in that buggy??

I got my Losi 350 mill with a turbo head on the buggy and a new Novarossi .21 on the truggy!!! I just broke in the Novarossi yesterday,what a nice day it was!!!! So whats up,you got the flu or some African whippen wheezel disease!!
Old 02-21-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Default Protect Your paint!!!

Some of you asked, so hear it is. This is the best way to protect your hard earned money and time painting your RC bodies. 3M Rocker Panel Spray Clear. I have used this and it works extremely well. It will add a thin (depends on how you apply it) rubber feeling flexible coating protecting your paint from chips and scratches. Now nothing is going to protect your paint from rubbing parts. This will wipe away dirt very easy also. I have not had this flake off either.
Attached Thumbnails ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM-rocker-spray-body-001.jpg   ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM-rocker-spray-body-002.jpg   ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM-rocker-spray-body-003.jpg  
Old 02-26-2011, 07:11 AM
Tech Addict

Default Need Sunshine!!!

Really hoping that this weather breaks so we can get started on the track!!!So much for small lanes and tight racing!!!We want to make the track very truggy friendly.Come on Sunshine!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default "truggy freindly"

Originally Posted by revoluv
Really hoping that this weather breaks so we can get started on the track!!!So much for small lanes and tight racing!!!We want to make the track very truggy friendly.Come on Sunshine!!!
Oh rrrreeeeeaaaallllyyyyy......
Nice!!
Old 02-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
Oh rrrreeeeeaaaallllyyyyy......
Nice!!

Oh yyeeah!!!! No more rubbing tires.Definitly like to get atleast 5-6 truggies comfortably.A good many have truggies for the new season,and even 1/8 scale buggy racing was a little tight so we are extending the track BIGGER and it will have a LOOOOONG Sweet straightaway!!!!!!!! I wouldnt want to waste my $ on a Full Mod just to reach half throttle,so that shouldnt be a problem.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default HOTROD HOBBIES

New Track in Reynoldsville PA!!
New Clay Track Surface/60x120/AMB Rc Scoring Pro
ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM-2011-race-schedule.png
Email: [email protected]
Old 03-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Tech Adept

Default Lexan Work Mat

Check it out!! Not to shabby in my own opinion.
Attached Thumbnails ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM-work-plate-42.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.