Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-Worlds Again? FL State Race At Worlds Track Aug 21-22

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 10:37 AM
Suspended

Originally posted by BullFrog
Grape or Orange soda works great also.Spray it just like sugar water. The grape soda was used at the pre-worlds.
As long as you're not the one spraying it on the track, Bill. If so, then the weekend is sure to be a rain-out!

(By the way, finally making my foray back into the on-road world again. Will be racing a TC3 up here in Pittsburgh this weekend.)
Old 07-26-2004, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

My god he has seen the light.

Hey mike get plenty track time because I know your comming down for the snow birds!
Old 07-26-2004, 11:10 AM
Suspended

Not sure about the Birds yet! Limited vacation time now!

I end up using half of my time to visit family in Florida during the holidays every year, so I have to be very choosy with what races I decide to attend.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Hey mike see if uou make it down in begining of dec for the super regional.

If not when you come down bring your stuff I am sure we'll find you somewhere to run.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

if enough mod 1/12th's show up will there be a class?
Old 07-26-2004, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yep !!! Were expecting that as a class for this race. I spoke with Jorge about this class, and he relayed that it will be run for sure.

Originally posted by Greg Anthony

Last edited by TimPotter; 07-27-2004 at 08:43 AM.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'd like to be able to run 1/12 but I dont have a servo or motor for mine yet. Maybe by next race...
Old 07-26-2004, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

I think Full throttle is one of the best tracks in the world. Jorge is doing a great job and excellent maintance with his facilities. I have been racing on that track since it opened and have some experience with the surface. The traction is great at lower temps, but the track easily gets to 150 degrees and the lap times go down because of less traction. The track will be totally changed for the worlds and no one will have an advantage other than skill. So traction compound could be changed. As Adrian just mentioned that the teams will be there in August and could adapt to a change to VHT....

The Pre-Worlds had a very small turn out and having a new traction compound would only add to the quality of the perfomance. Let me remind you that these guys are the best in the World. They are not rookies that need 3 days to setup there cars. The racers only need two or three packs and the layout will be set in stone. Lets listen to experienced drivers like Todd Hodge who recognize a true performance gain because they have tried it and not be swayed by jacks of all trade/arm chair quaterbacks!!!

Either way it is done those drivers will adapt to the lack of traction or lets say HIGH TEMP conditions and put on a spectacular show of driving skill for those of us who can watch it live or see it back on our PC's!!!

I just want to thank Jorge for his efforts in bringing the worlds to my back yard!!

Last edited by rangulo; 07-27-2004 at 09:44 AM.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by rangulo
I think Full throttle is one of the best tracks in the world. Jorge is doing a great job and excellent maintance with his facilities. I have been racing on that track since it opened and have some experience with the surface. The traction is great at lower temps, but the track easily gets to 150 degrees and the lap times go down because of less traction. The track will be totally changed for the worlds and no one will have an advantage other than skill. So traction compound could be changed. As Adrian just mentioned that the teams will be there in August and could adapt to a change to VHT....

The Pre-Worlds had a very small turn out and having a new traction compound would only add to the quality of the perfomance. Let me remind you that these guys are the best in the World. They are not rookies that need 3 days to setup there cars. The racers only need two or three packs and the layout will be set in stone. Lets listen to experienced drivers like Todd Hodge who recognize a true performance gain because they have tried it and not by be swayed by jacks of all trade!!!

Either way it is done those drivers will adapt to the lack of traction or lets say HIGH TEMP conditions and put on a spectacular show of driving skill for those of us who can watch it live or see it back on our PC's!!!

I just want to thank Jorge for his efforts in bringing the worlds to my back yard!!
hey whats up go to sleep
Old 07-26-2004, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

has anybody seen or spoken to Frank lately
Old 07-27-2004, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Frank who?
Old 07-27-2004, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Greg Anthony
Greg,

Bruce is coming down Wednesday Night i believe to test so I will be there for sure. I am sure Hara, Masami, Josh and more will want to test so there will be a class.

Jeff
Old 07-30-2004, 09:46 AM
Tech Champion

Default To all Factory Drivers!

Be sure to call and setup shelter and power arrangements with your local/regionally sponsored drivers. There will be no pit tent or power at the state race.

Most FL racers have EasyUps and every other guy has a generator. I am sure arrangements can be worked out.

To all the locals!

If you have tents or generator be sure to bring them. If you dont need them, becuase a buddy brought theirs, someone else might need them.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:18 AM
Tech Champion

With my new and smaller generator(3000) I should have some extra power for someone needing it. They would just have to contact me.Tables- I've got two spare cardtables I can bring ,No spare chairs however.Just let me know.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

I have and extra ez up 10x10 for out of towners pluss an extra table and chairs!
Pluss I will have power aswell.
If you need to be set up P.M me I will help you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.