Wiki Posts
Search

answer rc alloy CVD axles?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 02:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lewis666
yes these are the one i was thinking of getting. are they alot stronger then the standard drive axle? because i will replace them once a year but do they last longer then the standard
No they dont. The stock is steal and the ones at answer are not. With that said I run the whole set up from Answer. The axles and the couplers.

I have had them and have been using them for many months and many races. There is virtually no wear. I would guess that they are going to last at least a year as I am still running them on the original holes and have not used up the others yet.

Buy them you will like them. Answers stuff is top quality all the way

Look at the wheel hub.
Attached Thumbnails answer rc alloy CVD axles?-att_1267386930591.jpg  
Old 03-15-2010, 05:44 AM
Tech Regular

Someone was running these on the 8ight-T 2.0 (2nd meeting yesterday) and snapped one in half during the A final at Fairlop yesterday....one snapped clean through the pin hole...

Last edited by Jaf1977; 03-15-2010 at 06:02 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:48 AM
Tech Lord

Steel VS alum....you know which is going to win......as others have stated they break.....and being alum they ARE going to wear weather you can see it or not...IF a Steel axle wear's out your Kidding yourself if you think the aluminum isn't.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

well alot of people have had them break on the 8ight-t 2.0 but other people say they last long on the 8ight buggy. coz i only have the 8ight buggy i might as well get the answer rc ones because they will last long on the buggy ( like dish soap said he has used them for months and he still has the pin in the original holes)
Old 03-15-2010, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

i need to know if someone has used these answer rc alloy axles of there losi 8ight buggy and how do they compare to the standard losi axles? are they alot stronger meaning they last longer because i do not want to be replacing them twice or three times a year i only want to change them once a year
Old 03-15-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by lewis666
i need to know if someone has used these answer rc alloy axles of there losi 8ight buggy and how do they compare to the standard losi axles? are they alot stronger meaning they last longer because i do not want to be replacing them twice or three times a year i only want to change them once a year

lewis...they are aluminum...its not possible that they are stronger or that they last any longer then the stock Steel units.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I wouldn't buy those if what your looking for is durability. I think those are engineered for performance due to less rotating mass. Since they are aluminum, you buggy/truggy will spool up faster but the trade off is less durability because it is softer then steel.

I had aluminum on my RC8 a while back and although I didn't have a problem with them, they did wear faster then the stock ones.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

I believe it broke through the pin hole which holds the hub on...not the holes that attach it to driveshaft...
Old 03-15-2010, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by petevette
I wouldn't buy those if what your looking for is durability. I think those are engineered for performance due to less rotating mass. Since they are aluminum, you buggy/truggy will spool up faster but the trade off is less durability because it is softer then steel.

I had aluminum on my RC8 a while back and although I didn't have a problem with them, they did wear faster then the stock ones.
Yes they are performance. You have to pay to play.

Just buy them. As I said you will like them. Pick up the shock spring cups while you are at it. The cups are the best hop up I have ever bought.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
lewis...they are aluminum...its not possible that they are stronger or that they last any longer then the stock Steel units.
+1

They will give you a bit faster acceleration just like any light weight drivetrain item, but they WILL NOT last longer than the stock steel ones. If you are looking for long lasting axles, aluminum axles are the last thing you want.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dishsoap

Just buy them. As I said you will like them. Pick up the shock spring cups while you are at it. The cups are the best hop up I have ever bought.
I have them on truggy and buggy.There holding up just fine in the buggy have not ran the truck yet.Make sure when you install them your using new pins and not old ones with slop..I Know Aaron Joy ran them on his 8T 2.0 at motorama.I would shoot him a PM to find out about the wear and durability on the truggy.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The cups are the best hop up I have ever bought.
Best hop up - why is that? I thought all they do is just hold the springs in place. I thought about buying them, but haven't yet.

Lewis, it is simple, if you are looking for durability which you have stated several times then steel is better. If your looking for performance, then aluminum is better.

It really depends on your objective.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Lewis!

Sorry for the delay, the PM function is hard for me to respond to on a mobile device. These are absolutely not going to be as strong as stock/steel but will be lighter and have improved performance. These 'should' hold up to both truggy and buggy but the few warranty replacements I've done seem to mostly be truggy.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

CAUTION: Opinion is from a member of Team Terribles and therefore have a vested interest in promoting AnswerRC products as AnswerRC-USA is a team sponsor! I mean....come on....how can a spring retainer be the best hopup ever brough!!?!?!?!?!

If you aren't worried about reliability and fancy something shiny and lightweight, then go with them....if you are concerned with reliability, stick to stock!

At the end of the day - it's all personal preference. I've seen a number of people running them on buggy with no problems...but know of someone who broke one on 2nd meeting on truggy...

Last edited by Jaf1977; 03-15-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikenix
Lewis!

Sorry for the delay, the PM function is hard for me to respond to on a mobile device. These are absolutely not going to be as strong as stock/steel but will be lighter and have improved performance. These 'should' hold up to both truggy and buggy but the few warranty replacements I've done seem to mostly be truggy.

Hope this helps.
There you go! From the man himself!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.