Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 720

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ianhobbies
hey sow

i thinki have a split second clip of that new lipo rx batt julius tested in his visit..the green light looks cool

http://one.revver.com/watch/231487
Yes you are right, it looks like Julius had one and the green light is definitely cool (although I much prefer orange )!

Notice also that he already had the super-lightened chassis.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default batts

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
Yes you are right, it looks like Julius had one and the green light is definitely cool (although I much prefer orange )!

Notice also that he already had the super-lightened chassis.

he brought a long lots of prototypes for the 720 ..and im sure he'll back for more racing action here.. and yeah an orange light is much better...
Old 05-13-2007, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

he brought a long lots of prototypes for the 720 ..and im sure he'll back for more racing action here.. and yeah an orange light is much better...

Oooo ... what other option parts were there?
Old 05-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just installed the front one-way diff that replaced the gear dif. The problem that I am noticing is that the front belt is tracking into the one-way belt lip and causing it to jump. I move the belt away from the lip and it does not grind and jump... Maybe the one-way gear needs to be reversed so that the belt lip is to the short end...i just hope that belt does not pop off during a race.

Can anyone show a pic of a one-way in the 720? Also, if you encountered this problem? It did not do it with the gear dif installed. Does anyone also know what the extra ring (starburst) in shape does? I can't find a use for it and it came in the one-way bag.

John
Old 05-13-2007, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default parts

well in my interview, he showed me serpent's new tire line..which he gave before he left hehe.. same rims but new type of foams...not sure abt other parts of the car...maybe on his return he has some new goodies for serpent fans out there...
Old 05-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by John Fontaine
I just installed the front one-way diff that replaced the gear dif. The problem that I am noticing is that the front belt is tracking into the one-way belt lip and causing it to jump. I move the belt away from the lip and it does not grind and jump... Maybe the one-way gear needs to be reversed so that the belt lip is to the short end...i just hope that belt does not pop off during a race.

Can anyone show a pic of a one-way in the 720? Also, if you encountered this problem? It did not do it with the gear dif installed. Does anyone also know what the extra ring (starburst) in shape does? I can't find a use for it and it came in the one-way bag.

John
I've not installed a one-way in the 720 before but I think the "startburst" thing is for the one-way pulley. Helps keep the belt in place.

By the way, you shouldn't need the one-way most times unless your track is a really flowing type with lots of sweeping corners and require very little or no braking.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

well in my interview, he showed me serpent's new tire line..which he gave before he left hehe.. same rims but new type of foams...not sure abt other parts of the car...maybe on his return he has some new goodies for serpent fans out there...
Ah right
Old 05-13-2007, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
I've not installed a one-way in the 720 before but I think the "startburst" thing is for the one-way pulley. Helps keep the belt in place.

By the way, you shouldn't need the one-way most times unless your track is a really flowing type with lots of sweeping corners and require very little or no braking.
Thanks for the info. I wanted to give the one-way a try but I think I'll go back to the gear diff till I resolve this belt alignment problem.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Many people run a one way at different times in their 720, I don't ever remember seeing a belt track badly on one. It should be assembled in this order, parts put on from right to left, the pulley, the flange, then the oring to hold it all, the other thing to make sure of is that you got both the eccentrics in the same tension hole and on the proper sides of the car, the one with the hole in it goes on the left, if one was off, it would track funny, make sure your middle shaft mount is bolted down to the chassis properly and squarely, hope this helps....
Old 05-14-2007, 08:10 AM
Tech Adept

Smile

hey sow

i thinki have a split second clip of that new lipo rx batt julius tested in his visit..the green light looks cool

http://one.revver.com/watch/231487
WHOW.....

I looking for a lipo pack for my 720 but I haven't found anything that fits under the fuel tank. Julius, can you please send the specs of this battery and also of the regulator? I want one of those green lights.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by eduardo_garcia
WHOW.....

I looking for a lipo pack for my 720 but I haven't found anything that fits under the fuel tank. Julius, can you please send the specs of this battery and also of the regulator? I want one of those green lights.

If you can wait just a little while, Serpent USA will have them.

DJ
Old 05-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Xceed part number XCE105000 for the 720, regulator XCE105002
Expected at dealers soon.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ffejdat
Many people run a one way at different times in their 720, I don't ever remember seeing a belt track badly on one. It should be assembled in this order, parts put on from right to left, the pulley, the flange, then the oring to hold it all, the other thing to make sure of is that you got both the eccentrics in the same tension hole and on the proper sides of the car, the one with the hole in it goes on the left, if one was off, it would track funny, make sure your middle shaft mount is bolted down to the chassis properly and squarely, hope this helps....
Thanks. I don't think I even paid attention to the eccentrics being different left from right. Why are they different and why would results if they were backwards?
Old 05-14-2007, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

John, I run the front one way all the time. The new layout at West Chester the one/way works great. Mix in the middle one/way kit and the 720 is a killer! To really appreciate that 720, you have to take your car to a track like 301 or the new on road track at Blue Diamond. Those tracks are real fast and a great place for running a one-way. Just remember with the one way you loose front breaks.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

John- the difference in the left and right eccentric is the how high they mount the diff, if you have them in wrong, your diff will sit too low, or too high in the car, not sure which.... According to the directions, the front eccenter has the hole on the left one, the rear eccenter also has the hole on the left, but the rear eccenter has the "flats" on the top and bottom of the shoulder, see pg 14, step 3.4 of instructions for more clarification... The funny thing is, I was at a race last weekend with "Ammdrew" from these forums, he had some eccentrics with NO dot or hole in them, no discernable "up" or "down" to them either, I don't know if these were early kit ones, or 710 ones, as I have never had a 710... Hope this helps!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.