Search

Battery Pack Choices!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 05:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? Battery Pack Choices!?

Hi,
Ok so im trying to build my first decent 1/10 RC nitro road car, so Id like to have the some decent stuff on it. Now with regards to battery packs here are my choies between LiFePO4 and Ni-Mh packs. Im not sure if a higher voltage is more benfecial to a higher mAh rating.

A.
NiMh Intellect 6v 5000mah, Hump pack. Unknown weight.

B.
Power Vapex Lithium Ferrite LiFePO4 6.6v 2000mah pack. 90grams

C.
China Brand 2S1P LiFePO4 6.6V 2300mAh
(Been trying to look for a more capacity LiFePO4 within 6-8v but this seems to be the only one i can find)

So which battery is better? Im looking for longer playing time and less recharge times. Im not too concerned with over all life as they probably both have more than 1000 cycles each which is quiet awhile anyway.

Any input would be greatly welcomed as id like to finally make a choice! Please make a reference to A, B or C and say why its better as to help me understand the differences.

Thanks for your time.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Been a few views, surely someone can give some sort of opinion regarding this...
Old 06-19-2012, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RacePace
Hi,
Ok so im trying to build my first decent 1/10 RC nitro road car, so Id like to have the some decent stuff on it. Now with regards to battery packs here are my choies between LiFePO4 and Ni-Mh packs. Im not sure if a higher voltage is more benfecial to a higher mAh rating.

A.
NiMh Intellect 6v 5000mah, Hump pack. Unknown weight.

B.
Power Vapex Lithium Ferrite LiFePO4 6.6v 2000mah pack. 90grams

C.
China Brand 2S1P LiFePO4 6.6V 2300mAh
(Been trying to look for a more capacity LiFePO4 within 6-8v but this seems to be the only one i can find)

So which battery is better? Im looking for longer playing time and less recharge times. Im not too concerned with over all life as they probably both have more than 1000 cycles each which is quiet awhile anyway.

Any input would be greatly welcomed as id like to finally make a choice! Please make a reference to A, B or C and say why its better as to help me understand the differences.

Thanks for your time.
A123 is arguably the best LiFe cell maker. Their cells come in 2 sizes, 1100 and 2300. a123rc.com sells a123 cells in many configurations. You could email them and get a larger capacity pack, which is what you said you really want right? If you must choose one of the 3 you listed I'd go with C as it's probably a123 cells, and higher capacity (again, what you were asking for). Good luck.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thankyou very much!