Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity kill shot motors

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 10:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well yesterday my sone won rond 3 of the belgium nationals with his EA mototrsport killshot rpm version. We drove a FDR of 3.28 and 55° on the can. out of the corners the motor was very fast. on the straight (50m) he was a little bit slower than others. motor came of the track at 75° celsius.
I like the motor a lot
Old 05-28-2013, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JOE SI
In 2 different race days I watched 4 kills hot motors die. They didn't overheat or smoke, just lost power and wouldn't run anymore.
The one today was from a seasoned guy that it very rarely happens to if ever
Originally Posted by vivo quevas
Joe did you hear why those motors Failed since there was no smoke? I have overheated motors and they didn't smoke but they did unsolder the Stator and they were as dead as can be! They were fast before they went I will give you that!
Originally Posted by JOE SI
Mop , they just stopped working. When I'm at a race I'm in my own world, LOL so I hear things and just pay no mind but it happened a few times with these and it's a known problem so run it at your own risk, that's what I say..

From what I have heard, the solder tabs are deceptively close together on this motor. Much more so than the D3.5 or the original Revtech. It could very well be the cause of these failures... perhaps a shunt/hit to the side caused the tabs to make brief contact, etc.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesL_71
From what I have heard, the solder tabs are deceptively close together on this motor. Much more so than the D3.5 or the original Revtech. It could very well be the cause of these failures... perhaps a shunt/hit to the side caused the tabs to make brief contact, etc.
Wouldnt that just make the motor glitchy instead of poof?
Old 05-31-2013, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ran a stock torque stator kill shot at 96/46 in my t4. Definitely feels better to me than a d3.5, but does not have the pull down low. Ill be trying out a torque rotor for the next race.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:01 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan-Dan Team-X
Wats The Difference Between The Killshot & Fantom Racing APEXv2
Originally Posted by vivo quevas
They are the same motor! Fantom tunes them and put his labels on Killshot motors. Fantom offers various options, Rotor changes between Torque or broad band rotoes and stators.
Not including all the tuning options... Fantom is also a complete extra step in quality control. They literally have thousands of dollars worth of motor parts that are put into a "do not sell" bin, because they don't quite meet the specs you would expect from the product. Fantom eats those costs directly, and passes that extra quality control onto the customers for free. (i.e. fantom motors are not more expensive then buying direct from trinity) It's one BIG advantage of buying from Jeff/Fantom, they check/rebuild/test everything they put together before it goes off to us.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What rotor is in the RPM version? I'm pretty sure it's a broadband rotor, can someone verify that? Should I keep it in or will the HT make a noticeable difference? I have both versions HT and RPM and haven't run either yet. Just wondering if I should run RPM/HT and HT/BROADBAND or just leave them alone and run them
Old 05-31-2013, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Both versions of the Apex2 come with a 12.3mm Broadband rotor.

I'm really liking the HT rotor with the RPM stator. Plenty of punch and is stupid fast down the straight. I would definitely say it's on par with the D3.5 in overall power. D3.5 is the king of torque with a 12.5 HT rotor, but the Apex2 is right behind it.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic
Both versions of the Apex2 come with a 12.3mm Broadband rotor.

I'm really liking the HT rotor with the RPM stator. Plenty of punch and is stupid fast down the straight. I would definitely say it's on par with the D3.5 in overall power. D3.5 is the king of torque with a 12.5 HT rotor, but the Apex2 is right behind it.
Ill have to give that a try. I plan to test the rpm with the hi torque rotor and the torque with the high torque as well.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Advice please!

We are running 17.5 Blinky tc with a FDR limit of 4.0. Not allowed to go under that.
What sort would I go for? RPM or torque?

Home track are small and twisty and others are big. What would be the best overall motor. Do not want to buy both.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B00t13g
Ill have to give that a try. I plan to test the rpm with the hi torque rotor and the torque with the high torque as well.
Rpm/HT rotor I feel is the best combo so far. I played around with HT/HT and it was a little too aggressive down low and didn't really carry any power on the straight. HT/HT also needs to be geared really low in order to take advantage of the low rpm powerband so you're not over-revving the motor.

HT/HT is going in the B4 this weekend to see how well it does in offroad.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quasimodo
Advice please!

We are running 17.5 Blinky tc with a FDR limit of 4.0. Not allowed to go under that.
What sort would I go for? RPM or torque?

Home track are small and twisty and others are big. What would be the best overall motor. Do not want to buy both.
How big are the tracks and what is the avg lap times for both tracks..?
Old 06-18-2013, 01:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by John Tag
How big are the tracks and what is the avg lap times for both tracks..?
10 sec on home track 14 meters of straight and 15-19 sec on the biggest ones with 22m of straights. Hope this helps.

Last edited by quasimodo; 06-18-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:34 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quasimodo
10 sec on hometrack and 15-19 sec on the biggest. Hope this helps.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by OVA
ask the fast guy at your track for help or let them driver your car and they can tell if you are gearing it wrong...
I am asking what motor to go with. RPM or torque version. We have no clue since we all have run boosted only. For the next season we will all race blinky for the first time. And there will be restrictions to a 4.0 FDR. So with this info I am wondering. I see that you US guys gear much lower than this so I am thinking perhaps a RPM version would do the job.

Cheers
Old 06-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

That's a MAJOR spread in lap times..The RPM motor would lag some on the 10 sec track and the HT motor would lag some on the bigger track. If you looking to choose 1 motor I would choose a motor for tracks you would run more in the series Big track RPM or short track HT. That or but 1 motor and 1 extra stator so all you have to do is swap out stators. Check your PMs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.