Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC Muar

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 11:56 PM
Tech Regular

Talking RC Muar

Hi all...... i believe the RC trend is rather strong in Malaysia... i as a Muarian...would like to see is there any RC & hobbyist in Muar playing 1/10 & 1/8 ( nitro @ EP ) in muar...if yes dun mind drop by this thread and have a share with me ur opinion..
thanks !!
Old 12-13-2002, 04:01 AM
Tech Elite

in the 1st place,let mi welcome u on board and may u continue to utilise this forum group

u r rite abt the RC trend growing,in JB,there r getting more and more RCers which is a gd thing.not sure abt muar,...sorrie

enjoy the sport!!!
Old 12-14-2002, 05:48 AM
Tech Regular

hi ijnek (kenji) ??? hahaha
thanks for giving me a support.... as i am quiet eager to know RC improvement in Muar which ithink the chance is quiet slim... BUT !! But should i found that Muar is starting to have the trend...then i hope by the time maybe you can drop by Muar and have a demo on RC....i think that helps in promoting it....
hahaha
anyway thanks and hopefully Muar will be a RC hot place...

regards'
Old 12-14-2002, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

hmmm,...
abt promoting RC,the best way is by having races at some sort of festival event whereby there r going 2 b a lot of ppl around...
tat's wat took place in JB and it seems 2 drawn a lot of attention...
anyway,it is also necessary to have a gd local hobby shop(LHS) which will carry parts n provide technical support to RCers,these r some of the basic n necessary things to get the hobby going...

or at a slower pace,have a group of Rcers playing frequently at a place,slow n surely,u guys will generate some interest,but the LHS must b available,or else ppl wun know where 2 turn to...
Old 12-14-2002, 08:01 PM
Tech Rookie

i have been to muar for a few time.if i am not mistaken rc racer in muar racing near muar bridge.they are racing for top speed!!!!!
just sprint no corner,slolam etc...from what i saw RC things is growing very fast there.so if you want to promote your car there make sure it is really fasttttt......
where is the LHS there?EikuD which parts in muar are you from?
are u racing at that place too?what kit are you using? my grannies is in muar too so maybe we can meet each other one day

Last edited by manteraperkasa; 12-14-2002 at 08:10 PM.
Old 12-15-2002, 08:33 PM
Tech Regular

hi manter... good to see you drop by this thread...
well i heard people playing at Muar too...and the place you are talking to me seem familiar to me too....
I am from Sungai Abong Muar...but my car is not really fast as i am only using V one R with a pathetic OS 12 TR (sorry if offended anyone using this engine) hahahahah.....ao if you say they are racing for top speed..well then i better not appear there...hahaha

regarding the meeting of us...it wil be great for us to meet...cause who knows we can make more frens there promoting RC there... keep in touch

regards'
Old 12-15-2002, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

yio ijnek...
i couldn't agree anymore than what you said.... it is very true that we ned LHS there but poor thing we need to do tonnes of preperation there....as you know...to open a LHS...you need someone who is familiar wif RC application and of course...a reliable supplier (which is not hard to get lah ) ..... but 1st of all we need to start the fire up there...as mentioned by manteraperkasa...it seems that there're people playing near muar bridge...which i heard many times that they are racing for top speed...there's no track there... so if only i can have a chance to drop by tehre and see whether is there any possibility to build up a RC empire there...
a-hem sound fat hope right ? kekekeke
anyway i shall seek for ur advice should i really start anything there...do keep in touch mmore

thanks for keeping this thread going...

regards'
Old 12-16-2002, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

racing for top speed?...
u mean they do drag racing there or they race on straight track?...
hmmm,...
Old 12-16-2002, 06:08 AM
Tech Adept

Default Muar

Hi,
I seldom visit Muar...but i am in BP. There are about 25ppl here in BP and the number keep growing...sad thing is we dont have a track. We play at the parkinglot next to the Dewan Jubilee. Every sunday, we will build a temporary track and play there.
Due to good response, a small hobby shop was set-up to cater the needs.
Negotiations are on the way to have our very own track soon...
oh yes, heard there is a small track in Kluang too...also next to the parkinglot of the dewan...
enjoy.....
Old 12-16-2002, 05:53 PM
Tech Regular

Default Setting up a track

hi v one r...i was thinking to set up a track in
Muar also but the problem is if i would to set a track up there, i need somebody to maintain the track....alot lah....provided i get someone who is really interested to set up and maintain the track lorr....haii..everytime thinking of all these obstacles will make me upset only....
Old 12-16-2002, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

a hobby shop beside the track,tat's gd.a veri nice concept,not common here but in US is veri widespread...but u guyz r rite on maintaining the track...the track near my place is in a pretty bad shape,the tarmac need re-surfacing and also certain area needs 2 b improve as water clogs there when there's rain...
Old 12-17-2002, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

ijnek...do you know the procedure to set up a track at M'sia ? i mean things like who to look for...if is a goverment land...what are the things to take note of and everything...any idea ???

Old 12-17-2002, 07:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Let's see, the best is if it's private-owned land. You can do almost anything on your own land but you need certain approvals from the local council eg. DBKL, MPSA etc. They will see whether it's in a residential area or not (GP cars are noisy).

If it's Govt land, don't do anything until you are given the approval to do so. I suppose, you might write to the MB and ask for a small piece of land and tell him what it's for. Chances are you won't get any response. If there is enough interest by the Govt, it'll probably be under some Ministry or something - Kementerian Belia dan Sukan, Rakan Muda, etc.

An idea would be to approach the Wakil Rakyat of your place.
Old 12-18-2002, 01:18 AM
Tech Regular

zerotorx...thanks so much for what you've told....i guess the procedure can be hard and tiring...anyway land issue is really critical...it sounds like " no land = no talk " here...hahaha
but i will try lah..should ther's any miracle...dun mind drop by then...ijnek ! you too eh !!

Malaysia Boleh !!!
hahahaha

Old 12-18-2002, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

sorrie,not of much help here...but thanx anyway...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.