Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Which means that you can run the new HD CVD's through AE. The thick ones that come on the TC4.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

"And i'd have to say no way go with the steels if your bouncing of things "

Hi, I am not that bad, it is just the wear on the standard driveshafts with a spool is shocking. They have not broken because of a crash, just because of use and poor design (though not poor design from a business point of view). Jonathan.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

if you're running the spool. recommend changing the pins on the CVDS to the IRS pin Cushions. This will help minimize the excessive wear on the aluminum spools.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWH70&P=7
Old 03-07-2005, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey Zombies,
did you experience that your pro 4 rear diff slip and even you tighten it very much but it still feel lossen? i had tighten until break 2 diff screw already but still feel the rear diff still lossen and it causing rear spining when on power connering. thanks
Old 03-07-2005, 02:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Guo Chean
hey Zombies,
did you experience that your pro 4 rear diff slip and even you tighten it very much but it still feel lossen? i had tighten until break 2 diff screw already but still feel the rear diff still lossen and it causing rear spining when on power connering. thanks
yea...that just happened to my on Sat... I tighten the diff before going out onto the track...it felt tight but after 2 laps..the car was totatly undrivable... dnf... going to take the diff apart this week and see what's going on...

and more bad luck on the next round...the bevel gear in front came loose... lucky I didn't break the one-way...just lost the e-clip and strip the mounting area on the small bevel gear.

hopefully next race I'll do better...
Old 03-07-2005, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

if you found out that any solution please tell me i already tighten until break 2 diff screw. and still cant find out anything hapen on my pro 4.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:51 PM
Tech Champion

if you found out that any solution please tell me i already tighten until break 2 diff screw. and still cant find out anything hapen on my pro 4.
let you know what I find...if any...
also using the TC3 diff screw/spring mod that is supposedly solve the diff problems...
other wise the car handles great when everything is working properly.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:57 PM
jt6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hey Zombies,
I have had the same problem with the rear diff loosening after a rebuild, I would tighten it back up but it would loosen up again. I ended up taking it apart - rebuilding it and then using Loctite on it, and it holds.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

rebuild your diff using the AE's TC3 diff rebuild kit.

just replace the HPI bolt, spring, and t-nut with the AE pieces. for extra security use blue loctite on the screw.

i've been running my Pro4 like this with zero problems.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default Click, click, click

Guys,
I had a problem this weekend with my Pro4..........A lound clicking noise is coming from the the diffs. Yes, I have done the AE bolt & t-nut mod on both diffs......I'm useing two ball diff (front and rear)on my Pro4. To tell yall the truth I just rebuilt my rear diff with the AE mod and it just started to make that noise when I did that...and only that!! That means I put everything back when I did the rebuild (same shimming and gears). So I'm at lost to know what is going on with my Pro4..........the sound sounds like a strip gear but it not.

Please Help!!!
Old 03-07-2005, 05:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Click, click, click

Originally posted by PUNISHER
Guys,
I had a problem this weekend with my Pro4..........A lound clicking noise is coming from the the diffs. Yes, I have done the AE bolt & t-nut mod on both diffs......I'm useing two ball diff (front and rear)on my Pro4. To tell yall the truth I just rebuilt my rear diff with the AE mod and it just started to make that noise when I did that...and only that!! That means I put everything back when I did the rebuild (same shimming and gears). So I'm at lost to know what is going on with my Pro4..........the sound sounds like a strip gear but it not.

Please Help!!!
Loud Clicking noise..

I had a similar problem with the white diffs when I rebuilt them... but to my surprise what I found was the diff ring gear bearing spacer had a lot of play between the gear and the bearing... I replace the gear and bearing black ring and glued them in place... and BAM... rear diff no longer clicks .... some small thing to look at because I too thought that the rear diff ring gear/bevel gears were broken
-Dave
Old 03-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default Re: Re: Click, click, click

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Loud Clicking noise..

I had a similar problem with the white diffs when I rebuilt them... but to my surprise what I found was the diff ring gear bearing spacer had a lot of play between the gear and the bearing... I replace the gear and bearing black ring and glued them in place... and BAM... rear diff no longer clicks .... some small thing to look at because I too thought that the rear diff ring gear/bevel gears were broken
-Dave
Awesome Dave.......thanks for the reply!!
Ok, that might be it...I did not glue that bearing ring.
I check it out and let you know..........

Thanks again,
Mike
Old 03-07-2005, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rc-zombies
let you know what I find...if any...
also using the TC3 diff screw/spring mod that is supposedly solve the diff problems...
other wise the car handles great when everything is working properly.
i tried the associated diff screw spring, nut combo on my diffs and it works mirackles i havent touched my diffs in a month they dont loosen up and dont get gritty and i do check my diffs every run and they are super smooth and yeah i do run on carpet where they get more stress than asphalt.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
No problem... I`m tring to get some pic`s now
-Dave
Hi there

Any news about this car?
Any links where this info is comming from?
Old 03-08-2005, 02:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When ever I rebuild my diff I ALWAYS replace the little lock nut. What I think happens, is that constant turning, on the small nut wears the nylon very easily. Yea sure it is the same as the wheel lock nuts but these are a lot smaller. Since I started replacing the lock nuts...no problems at all!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.