Wiki Posts
Search

Best Esc on the market?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Best Esc on the market?

I want to upgrade to a new Esc from my gtb that has timing boost and is the fastest out there for stock racing with a 13.5
I have heard the tekin rs pro is the fastest but what about Lrp and Novak?
Old 12-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Addict

What about hobbywing Xerun. Much cheaper & still a winning esc .
Old 12-09-2011, 06:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1101
What about hobbywing Xerun. Much cheaper & still a winning esc .
Check out www.teamcrc.com. Looks like Hobbywing is available from CRC.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

For me now it is either a Lrp with a Lrp motor, or a Tekin with any motor. The Hobbywing is competitive, and I did have four until a few weeks ago, but they're just not for. I'm now Tekin in boost and Lrp in mod.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Same here I'm looking for esc, if I go with the hobbywing xerun which one should I get I need one for my tamiya f104 no timing and the other one for tamiya 416. They have a lot of different amps. Any suggestion.....
Old 12-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Tech Regular

I'm tossing up between the tekin rs pro or some of the new Lrp escs! Isn't the tekin a fair bit old ? Lrp stock spec and tc spec are 2-3 years newer so how is the tekin still faster?
And Lrp with Lrp motor but what about the tekin whats the best motor for them
Old 12-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

There is no faster or best esc. There are too many variables. Each have their own benefits. Just like picking a car, its what works for you. See what is supported at your track. Are there sponsored drivers local to you who can help you with the equipment?

Hobbywing may be cheaper. But the support reflects that as well. I'll stick with my Tekin esc's. If anything did go wrong with them I know I can get them fixed in a hurry. And I always know I can count on any of their sponsored drivers to help me out if I need it.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Odin544
There is no faster or best esc. There are too many variables. Each have their own benefits. Just like picking a car, its what works for you. See what is supported at your track. Are there sponsored drivers local to you who can help you with the equipment?

Hobbywing may be cheaper. But the support reflects that as well. I'll stick with my Tekin esc's. If anything did go wrong with them I know I can get them fixed in a hurry. And I always know I can count on any of their sponsored drivers to help me out if I need it.
+1
Old 12-10-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hobbywing xe run orca or the team powers
Old 12-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

I agree with Odin544

i have GM 120 and i´m very happy
Old 12-10-2011, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I run a Mamba Max pro 1cell, they can be had for $115 there customer support is great and I'm very happy with it.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony q
Same here I'm looking for esc, if I go with the hobbywing xerun which one should I get I need one for my tamiya f104 no timing and the other one for tamiya 416. They have a lot of different amps. Any suggestion.....

Depending on your $$ that you want to spent,and the number of turns, get a Just Stock Combo for your F104 (Blinky only), and an XtremeStock for your T416. The Xtremestock can handle 60As continous and is programmable for Boost/Turbo etc. Or, you can run Xtremestocks for both, and run the 508 blinky software in your F104.

The 1S 120A ESC is over kill for most applications, unless you like to run mod. I have run mine with a 10.5 2S Boosted in TC and the ESC doesnt even get warm. (No heat sink, no fan).

SHawn.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by narcotiks
I want to upgrade to a new Esc from my gtb that has timing boost and is the fastest out there for stock racing with a 13.5
I have heard the tekin rs pro is the fastest but what about Lrp and Novak?
the absolute best ever esc on the market is the one i chose to run at any particular time, and that goes for chassis, motors, servos, radios, lipos, and chargers...
Old 12-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

hahahah so true !
is the tekin rs pro overkill for stock racing ?
Old 12-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I have heard from a couple of sources (Tekin being one of them) that the only time you needed the "Pro" was for running motors faster than the 10.5. Like in a full on mod class. Personally, I think the LRP is a tad smoother, and a touch easier to drive because of that. But Tekin has everyone in the RC industry beat for customer service. I once has some on-going issues with a speedo and they sent me one out before mine got back to them. I wouldn't say they would do that in many situations, but they did not want me to miss a club race on the count of their speedo. With LRP after about two months of them having it for a simple repair (Re-installing a capacitor) I finally called them and told them if they were not going to fix it just send it back. On the Tekins I did seem to have more issues with my Pros than my regular RSes. I was the only one at the track having these with the Pros so I decided that me and the Pros didn't get along, so I am still running Tekins, but they are all the RS versions and I can't tell the difference - running non-mod classes. And as someone said before, go with what you can get hands on help with. It can make all the difference.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.