Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks man that helps a lot.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Travis S
Most people I see on here are running the A700L USA version for stock and the EXL for Mod.

Here is a post about the spare parts. http://www.rctech.net/forum/9984890-post1002.html
I'd also recommend people take a look at the additional "parts bundles" posted online. These are similar, but different, than the original first aid kits.

http://shop.awesomatixusa.com/awesom...e-bundles.html
Old 09-16-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Congrats to Richard King !
Richard is Schumacher BTCC 2013 Champion in 13.5 class!
Attached Thumbnails Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-richard-btcc-2013.jpg   Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-richard-car.jpeg  
Old 09-16-2013, 10:43 AM
Tech Adept

Dear Oleg,

Me and my friend together bought two A700EX from my local hobby shop early July, and since day 1 I've asked the hobby shop, who stock no parts for the A700, to order the gear diff upgrades ST23 ST26 and the metal gears. Now two months down the road, all I got are just promises that they would come some day.

During these times one car already ran but the first day it clipped a sidewall, the drive cup popped and the plastic gears shredded. As the parts are not yet arrived, I tried to make shift by using Spec R gears, coupled by your recommended modifications, including adding shims and putting a plastic stick to hold the drive cup. On the second day, the drive cup again popped, this time before the car even finish half the battery. The second car is still in the box, unassembled, just don't want to cannibalize it for parts, and even if we do, the gear just won't last for long anyway.

Frankly I am really disappointed on the gear diff design, it just ruined the whole car design. There was just nothing to hold the drive cup except for that flimsy o-ring, which is inadequate for today's high power motors. Couple with the extraordinary design of the car overall I would expect a more foolproof diff design, maybe with the ST23 and ST26 comes standard, or just make the shaft of the ST07 drive cup longer so that a pin could be used to hold it in place instead of having the ST20. I still remember when the car first ran it was so good, until the gear diff failed, it just ruined the whole experience. I tried things to revive the car, fix the gear diff, short of asking a machine shop to custom made two drive cups that could be pinned.

Anyway, I would be highly appreciated if you could check whether you received any orders from Hong Kong, and if so please ship that out ASAP. If there has been no orders from Hong Kong please pm me, I would have a word with my hobby shop and would order from you direct instead. Its just a shame for the car to sit gathering dust.

Thank you for your attention.

Regards,

Jason
Old 09-16-2013, 11:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Talking

Originally Posted by blackshark3
Dear Oleg,

Me and my friend together bought two A700EX from my local hobby shop early July, and since day 1 I've asked the hobby shop, who stock no parts for the A700, to order the gear diff upgrades ST23 ST26 and the metal gears. Now two months down the road, all I got are just promises that they would come some day.

During these times one car already ran but the first day it clipped a sidewall, the drive cup popped and the plastic gears shredded. As the parts are not yet arrived, I tried to make shift by using Spec R gears, coupled by your recommended modifications, including adding shims and putting a plastic stick to hold the drive cup. On the second day, the drive cup again popped, this time before the car even finish half the battery. The second car is still in the box, unassembled, just don't want to cannibalize it for parts, and even if we do, the gear just won't last for long anyway.

Frankly I am really disappointed on the gear diff design, it just ruined the whole car design. There was just nothing to hold the drive cup except for that flimsy o-ring, which is inadequate for today's high power motors. Couple with the extraordinary design of the car overall I would expect a more foolproof diff design, maybe with the ST23 and ST26 comes standard, or just make the shaft of the ST07 drive cup longer so that a pin could be used to hold it in place instead of having the ST20. I still remember when the car first ran it was so good, until the gear diff failed, it just ruined the whole experience. I tried things to revive the car, fix the gear diff, short of asking a machine shop to custom made two drive cups that could be pinned.

Anyway, I would be highly appreciated if you could check whether you received any orders from Hong Kong, and if so please ship that out ASAP. If there has been no orders from Hong Kong please pm me, I would have a word with my hobby shop and would order from you direct instead. Its just a shame for the car to sit gathering dust.

Regards,

Jason
I think you probably built the diff wrong! The diff is a work of art! Both me and my dad have been running the car for the past two years and have never had a problem with the diffs! And my dad tests the durability of cars alot! Lol
Old 09-16-2013, 01:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

....Frankly I am really disappointed on the gear diff design, it just ruined the whole car design. There was just nothing to hold the drive cup except for that flimsy o-ring, which is inadequate for today's high power motors. Couple with the extraordinary design of the car overall I would expect a more foolproof diff design, maybe with the ST23 and ST26 comes standard, or just make the shaft of the ST07 drive cup longer so that a pin could be used to hold it in place instead of having the ST20. I still remember when the car first ran it was so good, until the gear diff failed, it just ruined the whole experience. I tried things to revive the car, fix the gear diff, short of asking a machine shop to custom made two drive cups that could be pinned.
Regards,
Jason
Jason,
Please inform me via PM what Hong Kong shop supplies Awesomatix cars and parts for you now?
Please contact to our official distributor for HK (and Awesomatix Asia Team leader also) Mr. Wen Ping Chiang (Taiwan) to get the direct help and advises for our cars, diffs etc.
Mr Wen supports our Asia drivers a lot now.

You have possibility to order and get the parts from our main webshop (Taiwan based) http://shop.awesomatix.com/ also.

My recommendations for diff:
1. http://www.rctech.net/forum/12475909-post4130.html
2. Put less oil into your diffs. Some volume of air should be inside of the diff to compensate the expansion of the oil at the heating during operation.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Over filling the gear diff will put pressure on the out drives and possibly cause them to pop out. If you look at the manual and fill the diff per Oleg's instructions you will not have problems. I've had my car now about 6 weeks and have probably ran about 4000 laps. Not once have the out drives popped out and I've had some very high G traction roles.

As for the plastic gears, yes there are some mods that need to be made in order to make them last. Either file the top ST20 that protrudes through the main gear so it's flat with the top of G05 and than places 3-4 .1mm shims between B85 and OR05 to push the gear up.

Or what I've done is just cut small paper shims from card stock that's used as part of the packaging on parts you buy for the car. Cut to the size of the small slots on the G05 gear. I usually put 2 in each slot, approx .5mm. This pushes the main gear up towards the planetary gears so they mesh together better. If done on new gears they should last a long time.

The long term solution is to buy the metal gears.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Congratulations to our Team driver Ahn and his brother!
Ahn won and his brother was 2nd at recent Sweep Challenge Race in Korea.
Attached Thumbnails Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-1379241211296.jpg   Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-1379241211806.jpg   Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-1379241211955.jpg   Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-1379241212162.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Ahn 2013 Sweep Race.pdf (309.5 KB, 170 views)
Old 09-17-2013, 02:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Dear Oleg,

Regards,

Jason
Dear Jason

How may I help you and your friend in anyway?
You may contact me through my mail or pm me.
Over filling seems like the cause for diff half to pop out
Here is the step by step how to fill up the diff
1. assemble the diff and fill up the oil (dont worry about over filling at this step)
2. tighten the assembly, leave AT24 face up and not to insert ST07 on this end
3. heat the unit to operating tempeture (around 60' C usually work for me)
4. after the excess fluid comes out from the AT24 then clean it.
5. insert ST07 into the place slowly, more excess fluid may still come out.
6. pull out ST07 and repeat step 5 as needed.
7. Put two orings into ST07 or the trick Oleg mention before.

Now you have a diff complet with proper fluid level, this trick works with all other cars as well.
If you have time you can use vacumm pump that we use for shocks, try to pump the air out before step 4.

I hope this will help you to have more track time before your new parts arrives.

Thanks
Best regard
Wen
Old 09-17-2013, 03:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Dear Oleg,

Regards,

Jason

hihi Jason
I am Angus form hk
pls check your pm
Old 09-17-2013, 03:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
Congrats to Richard King !
Richard is Schumacher BTCC 2013 Champion in 13.5 class!
Well done Richard !
he is a good racer but also very helpful and friendly person...
A_C
Old 09-17-2013, 07:43 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks very much everyone for the reply and support. Today I went to the hobby shop and ask again, the owner said he is chasing up my order. Shall see how that goes in a few days and would keep Oleg, Wen and Angus posted. Meanwhile I shall communicate with Wen and Angus by pm. Thanks again for the response!
Old 09-17-2013, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Can someone please tell me how much a ready to run A700 diff weighs?

Thanks
Skiddins
Old 09-17-2013, 10:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Can someone please tell me how much a ready to run A700 diff weighs?

Thanks
Skiddins
20.5g plastic gears plus bearings
26g with metal gears plus bearings
Old 09-17-2013, 10:45 AM
Tech Adept

Hi all,
I just have a short question. Is any 2014 race kit in planning? Ill buy a second Awesomatix in either way,
but if there won't be a new one, ill just buy another L car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.