Removing unwanted overspray?????

Old 12-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default Removing unwanted overspray?????

I was painting a lexan body today and thought I masked the front of the car but when I pulled the masking tape that seperates the front/back I sprayed a little blue where I was gonna paint white. its just a little spray can I use paint thinner or nail polish remover or something to remove it? Btw I'm using water based paint.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Some isopropyl alcohol on a q-tip works great, or a paper towel if the overspray is larger. Be carefull and take care to not dribble any on the part you allready painted.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default overspray

Originally Posted by Jimmy Avila
I was painting a lexan body today and thought I masked the front of the car but when I pulled the masking tape that seperates the front/back I sprayed a little blue where I was gonna paint white. its just a little spray can I use paint thinner or nail polish remover or something to remove it? Btw I'm using water based paint.
If you use a thinner of any type, chanes are you will leave a residue of the color you want to remove.
I use a Scotch Brite green pad. Works great, does not leave any color residue which will show through onto the white paint
Old 12-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

If it is just ghost farts then you might be able to remove it by rubbing with a terrycloth rag, if it is drops then you could rub it off with a toothpick, another if there isnt too much try a cottonball and some rubbing alcohol. be sure it is very clean before spraying white there, the white will bring out everything!
Old 12-07-2010, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Guys, he said he is using water based paint. Just use water & paper towels. Ive done this with water based paint that had dried overnight.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Denatured alcohol. Works quick and won't harm lexan. Use a cloth or microfiber towel to keep scratching at a minimum. Paper towels tend to scratch.