Best Dyno

Old 12-17-2003, 06:24 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

I have the CS.....as previously mentioned, the power source can be a pain to getting consistent reading. After charging a pack you normally have to do a few dummy runs to take the peak off the pack so you can get consistent readings. Also, it will struggle to do 9T and below. The manufacturers answer to this is to run 2 packs in parallel.....this works but sends all the readings haywire (ie. you cannot compare your 10T with 1 pack against your 9T with 2 packs)

However, overall it does do the job and it is pretty small. You just have to be careful how you use it to get some comparable numbers.
Old 12-17-2003, 07:00 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Is Schumacher selling the CS dyno?
Old 12-17-2003, 07:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

i would just buy tuned motors from a guy that has a Turbo dyno, let them do all the work so i get to do all the playing! :0)
Old 12-17-2003, 08:45 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Scrubb
i would just buy tuned motors from a guy that has a Turbo dyno, let them do all the work so i get to do all the playing! :0)
That would be good for the first few packs...then you true your comm....change your brushes and be lost at where your motor is........