car pic thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

car pic thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 05:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Not much to look at. I purchased this Serpent 705 for 100 bucks, complete with radio, servos, gallon of nitro, a starter-box, and a quick-charger for the battery pack, about two weeks ago. The sstupid thing is that I knew nothing about nitro-RC cars. I brought it home, charged the battery pack, charged the starter-box, read how to start it on the internet, then went out and ran it up and down the street, only to blow the motor up. Running lean? The sleeve looks OK. It needs a new conn-rod, new piston and a new clutch. All is on order. Here's a pic of it w/ body. It's not much to look at without the body. Give me time.

Old 01-24-2006, 05:51 AM
Tech Regular

Hi bro, I'm no expert in nitro. But a look at your pic tell me that yr conrod bushing broke & cause all the damages. The wear & tear is normal in all engine. That's why many experts racers advise us to change our conrod after couple of gallons of fuel. (some even change it just after run in) If you have check yr engine, replace the lose conrod, i doubt this will happen.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by sstupid
Not much to look at. I purchased this Serpent 705 for 100 bucks, complete with radio, servos, gallon of nitro, a starter-box, and a quick-charger for the battery pack, about two weeks ago. The sstupid thing is that I knew nothing about nitro-RC cars. I brought it home, charged the battery pack, charged the starter-box, read how to start it on the internet, then went out and ran it up and down the street, only to blow the motor up. Running lean? The sleeve looks OK. It needs a new conn-rod, new piston and a new clutch. All is on order. Here's a pic of it w/ body. It's not much to look at without the body. Give me time.

Looks really bad more money to spend, oh yea nice camaro. :
Old 01-24-2006, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just so you know if you want to get a new piston your have to get a new sleeve theyre mated together at production, no 2 are exactly the same apparently
Old 01-24-2006, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maskedrider
damn cool !!!! how did you do that ??? wanna to shipout to me if i place an order from you??
bro... those are jus sticker that i had asked to be customized... hehehehe
these sticker are the ones that you can also put on your real car.... you could also stick them interenally...
Old 01-25-2006, 12:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

here's my nitro3 on its way to a new home....now its just me and the mtx4..we're expecting twin xxx-s's by next week or so if the trade goes through...when i get the bodies on those i'll put em all up at once

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...s/PICT0016.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...s/PICT0011.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...s/PICT0010.jpg

... bye-bye
Old 01-25-2006, 02:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by hav_lova
Just so you know if you want to get a new piston your have to get a new sleeve theyre mated together at production, no 2 are exactly the same apparently

Thanks. I went ahead and ordered another Sirio .12 for it. I don't care if it is fast, or not. I just want to drive it and get used to it, anyway.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks. I went ahead and ordered another Sirio .12 for it. I don't care if it is fast, or not. I just want to drive it and get used to it, anyway.

wow.... you shouldn't have bought a sirio.... it's a very very good engine but takes so much skill to maitain... I used sirio before and broke the conrod twice so i went back to OS.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by fritzD
wow.... you shouldn't have bought a sirio.... it's a very very good engine but takes so much skill to maitain... I used sirio before and broke the conrod twice so i went back to OS.

Dammmit!! I keep learning stuff the hard way. Oh well, what's done is done.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fritzD
Thanks for info I was thinking about getting one down the line I'll stick with OS.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:26 AM
Tech Regular

Heres my Mugen MTX-4......... Time for a new body
Attached Thumbnails car pic thread-mtx-4-2.jpg   car pic thread-mtx-4.jpg  
Old 01-26-2006, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Chris West
Heres my Mugen MTX-4......... Time for a new body
Nice pictures I like that blue.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks , the blue does look a bit better under sunlight and its a shame I dont have any left I mixed it out all the blues that I had It really stands out on the track

I post pics of my new Blitz Mazda 3 when I've finished it
Old 01-26-2006, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chris West
Thanks , the blue does look a bit better under sunlight and its a shame I dont have any left I mixed it out all the blues that I had It really stands out on the track

I post pics of my new Blitz Mazda 3 when I've finished it
Did you spray paint it or is it airbrush?
Old 01-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Tech Regular

Air Brush

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.