Wiki Posts
Search

I'm Not Dreaux but....

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 08:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pyromania
Big +1. My 900mah lasts all race day including practice.

I've been thinking about going unregulated but I don't want to end up with paper weights. Integra, do you think a 5955tg and a futaba bls-451 can go unregulated?

sure would but i would look into a bigger battery as unregulated you will be using more juice....My 900 lasted a 45min main in buggy and only took about 650 when i charged it but i would not be using that small of a pack for an all day pack.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

At my track we only run two 5 min qualifiers and 10-15 mains. With the warm-ups included I only run about a max of 35min, but I always check my packs before the main and charge if needed. Plus I'm not good enough to be running in a 45min main
Old 05-18-2009, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

When I get my truggy in raceable shape, I'll be running LiPo... and it's going to get a bump charge between every race, unless my charger is busy with more important things
Old 05-18-2009, 08:43 PM
Tech Lord

At my track we only run two 5 min qualifiers and 10-15 mains. With the warm-ups included I only run about a max of 35min, but I always check my packs before the main and charge if needed. Plus I'm not good enough to be running in a 45min main

gotcha that must work the Cat's A** then.....do you get the 900's from the bay also ? ive found multiple deals for like 5 for 25$ w/free shipping...pretty hard to beat that deal.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by drperry
When I get my truggy in raceable shape, I'll be running LiPo... and it's going to get a bump charge between every race, unless my charger is busy with more important things

No need...all you will be doing is putting excessive cycle's through the battery....get a battery tester of some form and take mental note's on how long you ran for versus how many mah you take when charging....then you can figure out exactly how long you can run for on your particular set-up that way you dont even have to think about charging in between rounds....That's part of the whole point of going lipo is to forget about the pack and go run your race.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Integra
gotcha that must work the Cat's A** then.....do you get the 900's from the bay also ? ive found multiple deals for like 5 for 25$ w/free shipping...pretty hard to beat that deal.

No I'm running a thunder power pack. I got it for $25 at RCX a while ago. I clipped of the regular leads and running deans between the reg and pack. What surprises me is that after a race day my packs are at 7.5v w/ 10-15 min of practice included. I'll have to check those fleabay packs out since my little brother also wants to run lipo in his trugg.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Integra
No need...all you will be doing is putting excessive cycle's through the battery....get a battery tester of some form and take mental note's on how long you ran for versus how many mah you take when charging....then you can figure out exactly how long you can run for on your particular set-up that way you dont even have to think about charging in between rounds....That's part of the whole point of going lipo is to forget about the pack and go run your race.
Yeah, I'm not going to be overly worried about it...
I'm probably going to be getting a 2000 or so mAh (about the same size as a normal hump pack) and a LOA, so I can ignore it until it beeps
Old 05-18-2009, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

No I'm running a thunder power pack. I got it for $25 at RCX a while ago. I clipped of the regular leads and running deans between the reg and pack. What surprises me is that after a race day my packs are at 7.5v w/ 10-15 min of practice included.
Any LHS should have 1000mAh or less packs, for fairly cheap, btw... I know mine usually does...

Usually for the smaller electric heli's
Old 05-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Tech Lord

http://cgi.ebay.com/4x-7-4v-15c-LiPo...%3A4|294%3A200

those are the exact packs i run and also losi and Protec 2000's
Old 05-18-2009, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

When the battery I ordered through the LHS gets here, I'll let everyone know if it fits or not, and what it is
Old 05-18-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

http://www.aero-model.com/batteryDetails.aspx?id=rx

I'm running these but I'm sure you can find them lower if you look around.