Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eXpress Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

First off, Id like to thank Jon, John, and Freddy for welcoming me to their team. The motors and batteries are AMAZING. Another thanks goes out to the rest of the team that was at the race, I had a great time talking to all of you guys. Looks like team eXpress has region 1 and 2 under their belt.

Do any of you guys know if anyone got the main on video tape, i def want to see it again.

And, are their any other eXpress guys planning on going to the grand finale at the gate in ohio this weekend? Im def planning on running stock and either 19 turn or 1/12.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey, Danny. Congrats on the unbelievable run at Mimi's this weekend. Your car was unbelievably dialed. Again, welcome to the team.

Big props go to Tim Getchell and Robbie Dodge for securing 1st and 2nd place in the ORL series. Tim has been the model of consistency and high finishes in the series and that's what got him the win. Great job, boyz!

I had a great time again this weekend with all the boys. Stopped by Mimi's for a few minutes on Saturday morning and evening to drop off packs to Mimi and visit with everyone. Tons of guys were running our stuff--guys not even on the team. Mimi sold quite a bit of our merchandise and wants more in lieu of her next big event.

As I said before, I was at the HobbyTown USA in Frederick, which is about 45 minutes from The Track. First, let me say that this track is D-I-A-L-E-D! Wait, the whole facitlity is D-I-A-L-E-D! The track itself is smooth as glass and has good traction and the pits down to the bathrooms (2) are first-rate. I'm telling you guys, if it's not nice this weekend in time for Jackson's practice days, we need to make a road trip and race there on Saturday. Mike Jr. and I had our cars ripping and Allen got his working nicely too. The owner is a super-nice guy and will be carrying our products in his inventory.

Anyway, who all thinks they can make it out this weekend to Frederick?
Old 04-03-2005, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Though not part of your team, i just wanted to post and say it was nice meeting some of you guys at MIMI's Sat. Now i have faces to put with names when i heard stories from Tim and Robbie.

Fred sorry our "roadblock strategy" didn't workout, as you saw at the end of the main my EVO IV was in more than a few pieces, oops!
Old 04-03-2005, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Hey, what's this 'roadblack strategy,' Freddy? You didn't mention this to me on the phone.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:26 PM
Tech Addict

Default We tried bro.... we tried!!

Yeah. we figured we were at the tail end of the last main... so if we could get side by side we could road block everyone... LOL!!!!
But... when I broke free and looked for my partner in crime all I noticed while I broke free.. he just broke!!!!! LOL!!!!!!
WHAMO!!!!!!!!!!!!! But hey I finished 5th and made our plan somewhat respectalbe... LOL!

It was great meeting and hanging with all you boys..!!!!
Old 04-03-2005, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Freddy- Did you ever get that PM that I sent you?

Jon- I got your e-mail about that guy...I'll be getting back to you soon.

TK
Old 04-04-2005, 12:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Jon:

Hi,

if possible please call me back around noon. I have some things to talk to you about. glad you did well at the Nats also Vegas is looking good for us along with the indoor champs and the Novak race. thanks for the e mail about Marshall Keener. Stone is a good friend with him (Karting) any Q's LMK.

John Tag:

Hi,

ran same the rollout you did.was really fast but the C2,s were hot coming off the track. even played around with the rollout but ever as fast as our Reedy 19t is. if you want I could send you our Reedy for play with.
LMK.

as R/C racing is slowing down and Karting season os getting started we will be online alot less. I will drop by to see what's up. maybe get Freddy into Karting..... keep Jon on his toe's

Thanks
Old 04-04-2005, 04:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by John Fontaine
Anyone running kimbrough spurs on their Xray T1FK'05?
I threw a 116 on last night and notice it now rubs the motor block... Talk about needing skinny spurs...i better get my PRS quickly! (thanks for the spur allen...have you seen this?)
John,
I did notice this. It doesn't do it on my car or Mike Jr's car. Can't explain why. The PRS gear will definitely clear. Sorry...

Allen
Old 04-04-2005, 04:56 AM
Suspended

Originally posted by Dhartman03

Do any of you guys know if anyone got the main on video tape, i def want to see it again.
Dan,

My wife taped your main. I'll bring it to Cleveland this weekend so you can watch on the camcorder. If you decide that you want a copy, I can make one for you.

Old 04-04-2005, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

McSmooth/Mike - it was good seeing you again this weekend. You gonna come up for our on-road race at Jackson in June?
Old 04-04-2005, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by soon2bfast
John,
I did notice this. It doesn't do it on my car or Mike Jr's car. Can't explain why. The PRS gear will definitely clear. Sorry...

Allen
Allen - Can't wait to try out Fredrick. Williams, how far a drive is it from the Philly area?

I've heard that the Kimbrough's rub on some xrays and others it does not. Mine wasn't bad...the actually rubbing was the raised 116 on the lip of the spur gear. It didn't take me long to get the kimbrough not to rub, but still having it that close to the motor block makes me uneasy. Planning to switch back to PRS.

Jon Williams - I have a few questions so I'll send you an email.

Happy Racing!
John
Old 04-04-2005, 06:04 AM
Suspended

Originally posted by jdwca
McSmooth/Mike - it was good seeing you again this weekend. You gonna come up for our on-road race at Jackson in June?
I'm planning to. It would be good practice for the Regionals in August. There's a group of us planning to make the trip.

Just be sure to get that June race on a Saturday, as the 6 hour drive back to Pittsburgh on a Sunday night is tough! Gotta be at work on Monday!

Plus, racing Saturday leaves Sunday open in case of R-A-I-N. (R/C rule...not allowed to say that word).
Old 04-04-2005, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Jon- YGPM bro!

TK
Old 04-04-2005, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Hey no biggy...some people just like to hold grudges I guess...I ended up going down to Lawton for the Spring Bash truck show...drove my blazer and a few people were looking at it in the parking lot...I was like

Dude you missed out...there were some SICK trucks there..

I heard B-ill went to an Oakenfold show in TX??

TK
Old 04-04-2005, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by jdwca

As I said before, I was at the HobbyTown USA in Frederick, which is about 45 minutes from The Track. First, let me say that this track is D-I-A-L-E-D! Wait, the whole facitlity is D-I-A-L-E-D! The track itself is smooth as glass and has good traction and the pits down to the bathrooms (2) are first-rate. I'm telling you guys, if it's not nice this weekend in time for Jackson's practice days, we need to make a road trip and race there on Saturday. Mike Jr. and I had our cars ripping and Allen got his working nicely too. The owner is a super-nice guy and will be carrying our products in his inventory.

Anyway, who all thinks they can make it out this weekend to Frederick? [/B]
Jon,
Gald you had fun. It was fun hanging out. Give me a ring, next time you can crash at my "temp" house. You can walk to the track then...

Talk to you soon.

Allen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.