Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
What is your favorite 1/8th on-road body? >

What is your favorite 1/8th on-road body?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is your favorite 1/8th on-road body?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default What is your favorite 1/8th on-road body?

The Proline Lola has been around for a while and alot of guys run them but I have been hearing alot about the Whip and the Dome. Have you tried them all and what is your favorite? Which one has more steering or rear traction or easier to drive?
Old 12-04-2006, 04:52 AM
Tech Regular

the whip is the best for wide open tracks and dome for tight technical tracks lola good al aoround
Old 12-04-2006, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am currently running the Parma Audi R10 and I really like it. It is better than the Protoform Lola or the Parma Audi 03. I tried the Dome briefly (borrowed from a fellow racer) and it handled very much like the Audi R10 on our track.

Hope this info helps.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:57 AM
Tech Adept

i have run the protoform and the whip, but my favourite is the blitz body.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by THE DOCTOR
The Proline Lola has been around for a while and alot of guys run them but I have been hearing alot about the Whip and the Dome. Have you tried them all and what is your favorite? Which one has more steering or rear traction or easier to drive?
What car are you running?

Mark
Old 12-04-2006, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
I am currently running the Parma Audi R10 and I really like it. It is better than the Protoform Lola or the Parma Audi 03. I tried the Dome briefly (borrowed from a fellow racer) and it handled very much like the Audi R10 on our track.

Hope this info helps.
I'm running the Parma R10 on a MRX4 but I can't get it low enough in the front. This is giving me a push. But overall the R10 handles very well.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:57 AM
Tech Adept

are you using the proper body mounts, there are long and short ones, not to insult your intelligence, but thats a mistake commonly made.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
I'm running the Parma R10 on a MRX4 but I can't get it low enough in the front. This is giving me a push. But overall the R10 handles very well.
I have the short body mounts with a spacer and the graphite body mount. I also ground the top of my tower to get the body as low as possible. It is the R tower. Right now it touches the tower and top of the bumper. I did this at the nationals and it made a pretty good difference.

Paul
Old 12-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AKSHUN
are you using the proper body mounts, there are long and short ones, not to insult your intelligence, but thats a mistake commonly made.
I'm using the long ones but when I move the body forward like I want it hits the front shock stay. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I didn't have that problem when I ran the Kyosho Dome.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chicky03
I have the short body mounts with a spacer and the graphite body mount. I also ground the top of my tower to get the body as low as possible. It is the R tower. Right now it touches the tower and top of the bumper. I did this at the nationals and it made a pretty good difference.

Paul
I ran the Parma R03 when I had my MRX3. I did the same thing to get the body down in front so maybe I'll give that a shot.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
I'm using the long ones but when I move the body forward like I want it hits the front shock stay. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I didn't have that problem when I ran the Kyosho Dome.
Our body has the front vents to cut out so the body is lower in that area than the Dome. Right now my body is mounted with the front holes cut using the front dimple on the body with the body mounts twisted forward. I do need to trim the front of the body up slightly so it does not drag. Just do what ever it takes to make the body lay on the bumper. I am pretty sure my body is 13mm from the bumper to front of the body on the MRX4R.

Paul
Old 12-04-2006, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Our body has the front vents to cut out so the body is lower in that area than the Dome. Right now my body is mounted with the front holes cut using the front dimple on the body with the body mounts twisted forward. I do need to trim the front of the body up slightly so it does not drag. Just do what ever it takes to make the body lay on the bumper. I am pretty sure my body is 13mm from the bumper to front of the body on the MRX4R.

Paul

I mount it the same way............all I can say is the Parma R10 kicks ARS!!
Old 12-04-2006, 12:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Has any one used the porsche body on their mrx4-r?
Old 12-04-2006, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I mounted the R10 body 5mm forward on my Serpent 960 and my post are almost too short. I have always mounted all my bodies 5mm forward. With the Audi 03 and the protoform lola mounted in this manner I ran the rear air dam either down or 1/2 the way up but the R10 has so much steering that I run the rear air dam all the way up now.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Paul
I just put on the short mounts and it slammed the body to the bumper with about 10mm forward space. Now the upper arm hits the body. But it's ok because I'm switching over to the "R" version this week. The Dome has clearence for the shock tower but I noticed that the upper arm was also hitting the body. T

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.