Search

Gas Sedan Nats. Toledo, Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 03:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: Maxy's Fuel

I heard it is pretty fast, isn't it?

Originally posted by eddiethefish
What is the Maxy's Modified engine based from? Not a whole new engine line, is it?
Old 09-07-2004, 03:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

(Maxy,
Brother, my sincere congratulations for this deserved success. I'm witness of your beginnings and your continuos efforts to get were you are now.
Keep it up man)

Saludos
Alfonso

Mi amigo largo tiempo de no saber de usted envieme un email
para llamarlo por telefono.

[email protected]

Bye
Old 09-07-2004, 04:08 PM
FTSPEEDWAY

Default Maxys Motor

Hey guys I was watching Thad and Maxy time there car in practice with that engine and I seen it run a couple of 18.9 - 19.0 sec laps with alot of power in the infield. What a shame only came it at 190 at the end of the race. I seen that temp with my own eyes. We run those engines here at Full Throttle Speedway in Kissimmee and they are just as fast as any other. Paul Wynn runs those motors as well from what I was told. well Maxy like I said everyone has there day. Good job to the florida boys who attended. that means you to Frank Soobee and Uriah Murnan

Hey maxy gotta for me. HaHaHa

Jorge
FTS1

Old 09-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Maxy's Fuel

Originally posted by eddiethefish
What is the Maxy's Modified engine based from? Not a whole new engine line, is it?
I beleve it is a NS3
Old 09-07-2004, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by rjl
The Worlds is going to be huge. Full factory teams, more teams than at any other R.C. event, all for 200mm nitro cars.

Beware the big K, they pretty much created the class and have invested heaps in promoting it at a grass roots level. They want it badly.

I'd really like some information if anyone would care to respond.
I understand the reasoning behind the one hour final but were there battery capacity issues?

How did the cars vary from IFMAR's specifications?

Did any cars make a tyre change?

There were some fifteen laps seperating 2nd and third, did only two cars have a problem free final?
Most of the 200mm cars are designed around using smaller battery packs which usually means less mah's which can be a problem in the 1 hour finals - you have to remember that we run a 10 minute practice, 3 min warm up and then the 1 hour race so really the car is on and working for 120 minutes+....

Most of the cars were close to if not the same as IFMAR specs. The only difference may have been that the pipe is 5.0mm in ROAR and in IFMAR it is 5.2mm..

No one in the A-final made a tire change...

The pace in the A-final was extremely high as we turned faster laps in the heat of the final compared to any round of qualification. Impressive being the fact that the track usually slows down .1-.3 in the heat..... Running at the pace we did it is not suprising to see many cars and top contenders drop out. It was definatly one of the most impressive A finals I have been a part of as far as high paced.
Old 09-07-2004, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Josh Cyrul
Most of the 200mm cars are designed around using smaller battery packs which usually means less mah's which can be a problem in the 1 hour finals - you have to remember that we run a 10 minute practice, 3 min warm up and then the 1 hour race so really the car is on and working for 120 minutes+....
This is an advantage of cars like the R40 and I think the FW05R you can use the larger 1000+ mah packs in both these cars, at the cost of more weight.....
Old 09-07-2004, 07:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by AMGRacer
This is an advantage of cars like the R40 and I think the FW05R you can use the larger 1000+ mah packs in both these cars, at the cost of more weight.....
Don't forget the NTC3.

Ummm, but what is additional weight in those packs when the car already meets the minimum required weight?
Old 09-07-2004, 07:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by Dave2004
Santino..maybe that's not the same car? Hara was using Mzxy engine with orange top....I saw that at the tech table or maybe they changed it for picture time....
Did it say Maxy on it when you saw the orange head at tech?

Last edited by Backfire; 09-07-2004 at 07:47 PM.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:19 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by Josh Cyrul

Most of the cars were close to if not the same as IFMAR specs. The only difference may have been that the pipe is 5.0mm in ROAR and in IFMAR it is 5.2mm..

No one in the A-final made a tire change...

The pace in the A-final was extremely high as we turned faster laps in the heat of the final compared to any round of qualification. Impressive being the fact that the track usually slows down .1-.3 in the heat..... Running at the pace we did it is not suprising to see many cars and top contenders drop out. It was definatly one of the most impressive A finals I have been a part of as far as high paced.
GOT A PIC OF YOUR CAR AT THIS RACE JOSH?CHOCO
Old 09-07-2004, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Backfire
Did it say Maxy on it when you saw the orange head at tech?
Look closely in this pic. Orange head.

Old 09-07-2004, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Don't forget the NTC3.

Ummm, but what is additional weight in those packs when the car already meets the minimum required weight?
Depends. My R40 is 1725g on the nose with the light pack. With the heavier pack it would be around 1760ish. Depends on whether you think the weight is worth it. My 1100 mah RX pack runs at least 2 hours with 1 digital and 1 analog servo.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Depends. My R40 is 1725g on the nose with the light pack. With the heavier pack it would be around 1760ish. Depends on whether you think the weight is worth it.
Of course... But if you take the NTC3 with a 1100 mAH pack which can already meet the 1725 gram weight limit, going to smaller pack serves no "weight reduction" purpose in this case.
Old 09-07-2004, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Of course... But if you take the NTC3 with a 1100 mAH pack which can already meet the 1725 gram weight limit, going to smaller pack serves no "weight reduction" purpose in this case.
Unless you use a smaller pack and add the weight under the shaft for less polar moment.

You know how those pros can be Anyway I agree with you.
Old 09-07-2004, 09:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Arrow

Look closely in this pic. Orange head.
Thanks for the pic! Any reason why the heads weren't switched earlier, if it was just a matter of clashing colors?
Old 09-07-2004, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Backfire
Thanks for the pic! Any reason why the heads weren't switched earlier, if it was just a matter of clashing colors?
Sadly you are right. Quote from Thad (HPI pitman for hara):

"We just cleaned it up for the pictures. I swapped heads, orange just clashed with the purple."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.