Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
EntityMugenMTX, are you seriously too busy? >

EntityMugenMTX, are you seriously too busy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EntityMugenMTX, are you seriously too busy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by weebeesteve
A little bit of patience helps too. I would not have brought this up after only a few days on this forum.
Originally Posted by weebeesteve
Was that directed towards me? If so, I'm sorry you don't see my point. But think about it. If you are trading with someone with over 70 positive feedbacks. Would you start a thread like this just because an item wasn't shipped in a few days? What is paypal going to say about this? Oh, three days and no shipping info? I'm sending SWAT to investigate. People get to darn impatient. It wasn't cool not to keep up communications. But to drag out the drama this soon? Really?
Yes it was directed at you. The bold part is what I was about, the way it's worded makes it seem like he's only been a member for a few days.

I will say that there is no reason that it should take 4 days to ship with no communication (payment late Monday to a confirmed shipment Friday afternoon) On top of that it appears it took this thread and contact from a SM to make that happen.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by shagino
And seller's don't get paid until they leave feedback I've had a few sellers leave me feedback before I've left feedback but there is no reason for a buyer to leave feedback first.
100% BS! and I will never agree with that thinking, ever!
Old 05-25-2013, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
100% BS! and I will never agree with that thinking, ever!
Interesting. Why do you disagree? When I'm a buyer, haven't I fulfilled my part once I send the money? When I do sell, I try to leave feedback as soon as possible. Even if my buyer is unsatisfied, to me they did their part first.

Unless the buyer doesn't send money, I don't see why buyers should get negative feedback.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

Interesting. Why do you disagree? When I'm a buyer, haven't I fulfilled my part once I send the money? When I do sell, I try to leave feedback as soon as possible. Even if my buyer is unsatisfied, to me they did their part first.

Unless the buyer doesn't send money, I don't see why buyers should get negative feedback.
If a buyer doesn't send money they won't get ANY feedback because a deal was never done

Feedback as a seller "carries more weight" than it does as a buyer. A hundred positive feedbacks all as a buyer means nothing other than you know how to click the "buy now" button. That feedback doesn't mean you're someone who I would trust to buy something from.

I've seen way to many buyers turn out to be complete unrealistic POS's after the item is received, why should they be given positive feedback just because they click the buy now button?

If I'm looking to buy an item from you I would look more at your 6 feedbacks as a seller than I would the 20 you have as a buyer.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:19 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Talking

If a buyer doesn't send money they won't get ANY feedback because a deal was never done

Feedback as a seller "carries more weight" than it does as a buyer. A hundred positive feedbacks all as a buyer means nothing other than you know how to click the "buy now" button. That feedback doesn't mean you're someone who I would trust to buy something from.

I've seen way to many buyers turn out to be complete unrealistic POS's after the item is received, why should they be given positive feedback just because they click the buy now button?

If I'm looking to buy an item from you I would look more at your 6 feedbacks as a seller than I would the 20 you have as a buyer.
Good point racer1812!! And as a SELLER, there is quite a bit more involved. Making sure the item is in said condition, all the items that are included in the sale get sent, that you took the time to correctly pack the item(s) so that it will not be damaged, take the item(s) to the place of shipping, & send a tracking number if requested. Hell, all a BUYER has to do the majority of the time, is hit a few keystrokes & BAM!!! Geez......talk about an Easy button!!!
Old 05-26-2013, 01:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

I just want to let everyone know that superfastsnail will get a full refund once my package is back in my hand. He said he doesn't want my Hudy system anymore after me spending $30 to get it shipped. I told superfastsnail that he would have to pay shipping back to LA if he didn't want the item anymore. By the way superfastsnail has my cell phone we spoke to each other. So about not communicating to each other that's just a lie.

Some people just have no patience. If he tells anyone he doesn't know my number or we never spoke I will make sure I will post his number so everyone can see that I'm being honest. I was thinking about this yesterday he might have buyers remorse, and I get it that's why I will refund his money once I get my package.

Last edited by entitymugenmtx; 05-26-2013 at 02:24 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

I completely agree that seller feedback is what you should look at when buying. If I'm buying an item, I also look at the feedback left from other buyers as well.

If a buyer turns out to have unrealistic expectations, I'd contact you or slo to have my feedback changed and my reason

Originally Posted by TeamSkunkwerks
Good point racer1812!! And as a SELLER, there is quite a bit more involved. Making sure the item is in said condition, all the items that are included in the sale get sent, that you took the time to correctly pack the item(s) so that it will not be damaged, take the item(s) to the place of shipping, & send a tracking number if requested. Hell, all a BUYER has to do the majority of the time, is hit a few keystrokes & BAM!!! Geez......talk about an Easy button!!!
That wasn't my point. I agree that a seller is way more involved. My point was that a lot of sellers forget to leave feedback after receiving feedback. Makes me not want to leave feedback as a buyer which is useful for other buyers.

Last edited by shagino; 05-26-2013 at 06:02 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by entitymugenmtx
Some people just have no patience. If he tells anyone he doesn't know my number or we never spoke I will make sure I will post his number so everyone can see that I'm being honest. I was thinking about this yesterday he might have buyers remorse, and I get it that's why I will refund his money once I get my package.
You can't do this. Posting people's information is a no-no here.

As a buyer, I'm fine with a seller taking a few days IF the seller asks for it. It sounds as if the buyer repeatedly asked you for estimates. If you answered these and the buyer knew that it would take you several days, I agree that the buyer should have had more patience.

I'm a bit surprised that the buyer doesn't want it now, it's either buyer's remorse as you stated or principal.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yes it was directed at you. The bold part is what I was about, the way it's worded makes it seem like he's only been a member for a few days.

I will say that there is no reason that it should take 4 days to ship with no communication (payment late Monday to a confirmed shipment Friday afternoon) On top of that it appears it took this thread and contact from a SM to make that happen.
I see your point. And I did word that poorly. That is not at all what I meant.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

When I am the seller I will not leave feedback for a buyer until they have left theirs. I have seen a buyer get positive feedback and then complain about the item a few weeks after they have had a chance to use it/think about how much they spent, etc. This left no recourse for the seller to change the feedback and tell the real story. I shouldn't have to constantly prod a buyer for followup on a their purchase as well. Let me know when you receive the item and if you are satisfied so that I can check your transaction off as completed and move on.

I will say this, 95% of the time my transactions here go like this. The buyer pays promptly, I ship the item out the next day(or the same day in some cases), they receive the item and tell me how happy they are to have received it in perfect condition and in a quick manner, then they leave me feedback almost instantly. I then, in turn, leave them feedback. Transactions where I am the buyer are very much the same. Very rarely have I had someone not communicate with me when they receive the item I sent them but it does happen. I am always on edge that they will wait until the last day of the paypal limit to file a complaint or something, which drives me crazy. I know I don't send out bad items but history on this forum has shown me how many bad buyers there are out there.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by catogtp
When I am the seller I will not leave feedback for a buyer until they have left theirs. I have seen a buyer get positive feedback and then complain about the item a few weeks after they have had a chance to use it/think about how much they spent, etc. This left no recourse for the seller to change the feedback and tell the real story. I shouldn't have to constantly prod a buyer for followup on a their purchase as well. Let me know when you receive the item and if you are satisfied so that I can check your transaction off as completed and move on.
The reverse is also true though. I guess I'll only leave feedback for sellers who leave me feedback first or someone I bought from before.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

You're free to make that choice. And I'm free to never sell you anything for that reason alone.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

I think as the seller, much like eBay. You need to wait until the item is delivered to the recipient and they are satisfied with said product. They then leave appropriate feedback, and the seller returns the favor.

A seller should not leave feedback before the item even arrives. That almost seems suspicious to me.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QYKLSVR
I think as the seller, much like eBay. You need to wait until the item is delivered to the recipient and they are satisfied with said product. They then leave appropriate feedback, and the seller returns the favor.

A seller should not leave feedback before the item even arrives. That almost seems suspicious to me.
I agree....
Old 05-26-2013, 11:25 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

I completely agree that seller feedback is what you should look at when buying. If I'm buying an item, I also look at the feedback left from other buyers as well.

If a buyer turns out to have unrealistic expectations, I'd contact you or slo to have my feedback changed and my reason

That wasn't my point. I agree that a seller is way more involved. My point was that a lot of sellers forget to leave feedback after receiving feedback. Makes me not want to leave feedback as a buyer which is useful for other buyers.
It wasn't directed at you or anyone. I was just simply agreeing with what racer said.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.