2014 Silly Season Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Silly Season Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

JQ, yes...Ive been on here long enough to know that Elvind E, and alot of other ppl for that matter, struggle with your----lets just say....unique sense of humor, and yes they take most every opportunity to slate you where they can.
BUT, i still think being the face and owner of a international company like your's, means you sometimes need to just ignore people like him, because alot of times your responses to these callouts puts JQ - the brand - in disrepute. But thats just my opinion

Lets say, for arguments sake, that someone like your friend Elvind E actually was that type (highly doubt it though)....but lets assume they were. What IF he actually took the trouble to come pay you a visit at the race you mention and make something about it, or at least TRY to smack you in the mouth.
Honestly dont think that would make for the best headlines on neobuggy.....just saying.

use it, dont use it....
Old 01-15-2015, 10:11 PM
JQ
Tech Master

hey pass me the popcorn willya!
Old 01-15-2015, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

LOL, oh forget i said anything....ill have some popcorn then too please haha
Old 01-15-2015, 10:18 PM
JQ
Tech Master

1. I won't fake it to make more money. I am me and thats it.
2. No haters ever show up face to face.
3. If they do, they will realise that I am actually a nice guy.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Anybody can win at any given day, world rank doesn't mean anything. You need luck and skill to win races. Period.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Bench racing is awesome!!! I wish that when it came to world rankings there was an even split between nitro and electric. It seems that it's pretty biased towards 1/8 nitro off-road. I understand that it's more common worldwide. Very prestigious class to win at any of the big events.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default serpent drivers

just wondering if serpent have entered the market to get another top driver,besides mike truhe doing all the work
Old 01-15-2015, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Haha

Originally Posted by kpjr7321
JQ you are funny and a straight up hater. I'm tied of reading about you chiming in on the Ty's accomplishments in a negative light. The fact is that in the history books he is the best Rc 1/8 buggy driver in the world for the next two years. End of discussion. Who cares what happen at the others races, in which he coincidentally wins 95% of the time which is amazing in itself. I'm tired of everyone digging in the "what if barrow" when it comes to this guy. Sure someone maybe faster but you have to finish the race to win. Dakota this Mayfield that, sure these guys have the speed to beat him but they haven't.

JQ since you like facts here are a few. At the worlds Ty falls to 10th place on the first lap. By first pitstop hes up to second place. He didnt just catch larry the weekend race warrior, he caught the worlds fastest racers. Is that not impressive enough? Also neither you nor any of your sponsored team drivers or anyone in the world that owns a JQ can beat him. Now thats a fact for yo a$$!!...

Now I support all racers and all brands but Ty is a bad boy. He and his dad/mom are in a league of there own. Hes not invincible and he can be beat at any given race but until the said names consistently beat him and only then can we say hes not the most dominant racer. Until then STFU!!!!!!!!!
That just about sums it up. Seriously though I like to see all the racers do good. When Ryan M. was leading I was thinking go Ryan. When Ty passed everyone I was thinking holy crap this guy is ridiculous. It was like the Nats. Ryan M. was cruising but dangit Ty is just fast, smooth, reliable and his freakin parents pit him. It is really hard not to be super happy for him. It sucked Ronnefalk missed the main it would have been awesome to see but that's racing, he has had a few stumbles along the way but he certainly can drive. We all love it and enjoy being a part of this hobby. I was impressed with Ryan Cavelari he is a great driver too don't forget about his run to the podium. It is not about who is better than who it is about how much fun nitro buggy racing is and how much fun it is to meet new people. I met Jared Tebo at the Nats how cool is that I have been watching him race going back to reading magazines. I met Lutz and guess what he was as cool as the other side of the pillow just like I heard he was. Oh yeah I met Reno Savoya there too. He was helping his team. What a nice dude. It would be cool to meet JQ if for any other reason to see he really is a nice guy. Heck I like his videos about his car those were awesome. It would just be nice if that nice guy would come through on here. Why not. Say something nice for once.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default It's Official

Jeremy Kortz Spills the Beans
Old 01-15-2015, 11:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This is why they call this the Silly Thread. Wow. On the next Jerry Springer show- boys and their toys.

Personally I look forward to meeting JQ someday. In this trying economic time, he took the risk to challenge himself, build a product, promote and maintain with good customer service so I hear. All the while traveling the world, experiencing different venues that most of us never will. I applaud you.

I think there is a misunderstanding when words are typed without the ability to prove your reflections meaning- negative taken positively - or the reverse.

I just disagreed with Originally Posted by JQ
I can't wait to see what Ronnefalk can do with it! I don't think Ty is clearly number 1 anymore.

I have met the Tessmans and Dakotahs family as they are just north of us.

Both great families, great programs- and the ability to perform at such high levels at their young ages. What does future hold for them?

Also- they live in areas that outdoor off-road is seasonal at best and have NO home field advantage compared to Cali, AZ, Texas, Fla.

Back to the point
My opinion is that Ty had an amazing 2014 season: starting out with
-The Dirt: 1st in truggy, 3rd in a row and 4th in 6 years. 1st in Buggy his 2nd in 3 years
- Roar Nats- finished 1st in buggy for the 2nd time in 3 years, finished 2nd in truggy with the final turns Marshall could have flipped him first as that's how down to wire it was.
Oh- he was trying to claim his 3rd straight truggy tittle
- 1st at the Neo which has become another must attend event in buggy and ebuggy I believe.
1st at the Proline Dual
And finally that little win over in Italy.

Add in his success with the electric products that has been running- yes I would say it was a dominate year and would feel that away about anyone that had those results. The top 25 is just that. The best that can win on any given Sunday and enjoy watching them all in awe.

Did HPI do it right with new additions or did they overkill and will go the way of Durango in the upcoming years. Time will only tell..

Ty commented some time back when ask if being the only driver was an advantage. Of course it has some advantages but all testing, experiment set ups all had to come from them- it would be nice to have a team to learn and share ideas like the tlr's, ae's, etc have.

Back to hockey
Old 01-16-2015, 12:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Eivind E

You however, rank highly for best internet troller, I'm a bit jealous, I did my best, but I am unable to compete. I bow down to your immense trolling skills, there's simply no match for you in terms of being a massive troll.
Look on the bright side, you'll always be the biggest butthurtiest fanboy out there
Old 01-16-2015, 12:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JQ
1. I won't fake it to make more money. I am me and thats it.
2. No haters ever show up face to face.
3. If they do, they will realise that I am actually a nice guy.
JQ, i actually admire you for just being you, saying how it is, you could say living in the real world, your heart is on your sleeve. How may racers went out on a limb a built a car, i don't see many period. hats off to you. being like that can create haters, you could call it tall poppy syndrome.

If you don't know what that means heres a take from Wikipedia.
The tall poppy syndrome is a pejorative term primarily used in the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and other Anglosphere nations to describe a social phenomenon in which people of genuine merit are resented, attacked, cut down, or criticised because their talents or achievements elevate them above or distinguish them from their peers.

Keep it up mate, will only make our sport better.

PS: I love my mugens
Old 01-16-2015, 04:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob
alot of times your responses to these callouts puts JQ - the brand - in disrepute.
You would think that. But not really.
JQ the brand basicly appeals to misfits, people that don't get along with other people. Just look at the entire marketing of it, it's all "everyone hates us".
He has perfected stoking the fire by trolling online, and subsequently playing the victim when people reply.

Those people who are willing to buy a JQ do it despite it being "the hater brand", so if JQ turns out to be an even bigger hater online, for any other brand this would be negative - but for JQ this is only positive, as all his clients are fine with it, in fact it is what attracted them to the brand in the first place.
Some random anti-americanism, slapping a reporter, trolling online, it's all good, they love it.

It reminds me of the obnoxiously rebellious advertisements for these spray-on-deodorants for teenagers, and interestingly they use the same style of lettering as JQ does for their "against the odds" logo.

Anyway, I go to races to have fun. I don't waste time on non-productive activities like slapping reporters and such.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:29 AM
Tech Champion

I think what JQ has done and is doing is cool. More power to him...
Old 01-16-2015, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eivind E
You would think that. But not really.
JQ the brand basicly appeals to misfits, people that don't get along with other people. Just look at the entire marketing of it, it's all "everyone hates us".
He has perfected stoking the fire by trolling online, and subsequently playing the victim when people reply.

Misfits? Hater brand? Don't get along with other people? Are you talking about yourself?

Those people who are willing to buy a JQ do it despite it being "the hater brand", so if JQ turns out to be an even bigger hater online, for any other brand this would be negative - but for JQ this is only positive, as all his clients are fine with it, in fact it is what attracted them to the brand in the first place.
Some random anti-americanism, slapping a reporter, trolling online, it's all good, they love it.

It reminds me of the obnoxiously rebellious advertisements for these spray-on-deodorants for teenagers, and interestingly they use the same style of lettering as JQ does for their "against the odds" logo.

Amazing arguments, I'm crying and clapping hands. I just called my mom to read this.

Anyway, I go to races to have fun. I don't waste time on non-productive activities like slapping reporters and such.
If you consider that was a slap I feel sorry for you. Also no more troll feeding from me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.