Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Texas Racing
February Freeze Race - Mike's Hobby Shop Dallas!! >

February Freeze Race - Mike's Hobby Shop Dallas!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

February Freeze Race - Mike's Hobby Shop Dallas!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I was thinking about the race this weekend and remembered that last Saturday we had 95+ entries for the off-road club race. With just the off-roaders racing last weekend it was packed with few if any pit spaces left. With the on-road race and possibly another big off-road turnout I wanted to suggest racers bring a pit table and chairs . I know we have a few spaces upstairs reserved for out of towners, but with the anticipated off-road and on-road racers in the building Saturday I wouldn't want y'all pitting in each others laps. We have plenty of space and outlets, you may just need a table, chair, and/or extension cord.

Also with that in mind...
A. Please do not pit in the tables reserved for the slotcar track near the west end of the on-road drivers stand friday night.
B. Be sure you do your best to pit as efficiently as possible. While having too many racers is a good thing, we want to make sure the pit situation is equitable for everyone. Please do your best to keep your area around 48".

Looking forward to bumpin' elbows with all my buds this weekend!!
Old 02-16-2011, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by redron123
hpi sprint 2 sport.Its my vta chassis.
If you wanna run some VTA after the FF, take a look in the racing thread for the Leighton Dillard Memorial race. They race in Jackson and always have a fantastic race program.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
If you wanna run some VTA after the FF, take a look in the racing thread for the Leighton Dillard Memorial race. They race in Jackson and always have a fantastic race program.
Might check that out. Been racing rc for a while but this is my first on road car. I really like it and may upgrade to something more high end later as long as i can find places to race.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Wow! Thanks y'all for picking up the slack for me. Glad to know so many are able to help peeps out!

Redron-I have an LRP 17.5 to sell for $40 if you would like. Works very well and runs strong, I just don't have a need for it. I will have it with me this weekend. Keep your 25.5 stator too! I have a VTA along with a couple other guys at our track. I'll always throw my VTA out on the track for practice with others.

If anyone else has problems viewing or loading the flyer feel free to send me a PM with your e-mail and I will e-mail it to you.

This race is going to be awesome. We may not attract 200 entries, but I don't know too many other places you can eat a sandwich made by a multiple national champion while watching the same champion race, from inside the deli! I can't see how traction won't be way higher than what we had last October. If I can whip a boosted 17.5 rubber sedan around consistently, you KNOW there has to be grip!
I was thinking of coming up sometime friday and practicing on both on road and off road and setting my cars up since i have never ran on either of your tracks. When might i be able to get a hold on that 17.5 brushless motor? It is sensored right?
Old 02-17-2011, 06:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

They should make every effort to end the off road races early.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by redron123
I was thinking of coming up sometime friday and practicing on both on road and off road and setting my cars up since i have never ran on either of your tracks. When might i be able to get a hold on that 17.5 brushless motor? It is sensored right?
I will be at the track after I get off work. I figure it will be around 5 when I get there. It is sensored.

I know Chris (the race director on Saturday indoors) will do all he can to run the off-road program efficiently.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

I will be at the track after I get off work. I figure it will be around 5 when I get there. It is sensored.

I know Chris (the race director on Saturday indoors) will do all he can to run the off-road program efficiently.
What you look like so i know who im looking for?
Old 02-20-2011, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Good to meet you Ron. We all had a great time racing. I'm worn out from such a good time! Hope to see all the locals who have just begun their journey on the rug back out to our club races. Thanks to all the out of towners who came. Y'all are what makes our big races so awesome!
Old 02-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Had a great time up in Dallas, that carpet really is quite unique. I will certainly be making another trip up there if you guys hold some more races (next I heard was november???)
Old 02-21-2011, 05:16 PM
Suspended

Our next big race on the carpet will be in the fall sometime. Its called the Fall Classic. Not sure on dates. I am sure that Andrew will be putting something together that will make it better than last years.

On another note, I do feel like we have some of the best drivers in the country all coming together for our races. It would be nice if we could attract even more. Please spread the word to everyone.

Example of how fast most of the guys are in the rubber sedan class: We have a multi-National champion in Dumas, Snowbird winners, Reedy race winners, and almost everyone else has made the Main at a National race at some point in their racing. I challange anyone to show up at the fall classic to try and make the shows.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
Example of how fast most of the guys are in the rubber sedan class: We have a multi-National champion in Dumas, Snowbird winners, Reedy race winners, and almost everyone else has made the Main at a National race at some point in their racing. I challange anyone to show up at the fall classic to try and make the shows.
Agreed, 99% of the reason I want to drive there more is because I felt like I was robbed only getting 10.6's when atomic/joor/dumas all hit 10.3's and maybe even 2's. That being my maybe 5th time on carpet in 10 years was quite humbling to be so far off pace and I couldn't actually drive for 6 minutes without tapping something yet the hour mains of nitro don't scare me :P

Gotta be perfect to make that show
Old 02-21-2011, 08:09 PM
Suspended

Ya, there were 5 of us that hit 10.3. I never got the 10.2
Old 02-22-2011, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

We will definitely have the 2nd decoder box hooked up for the entire weekend on the on-road side if possible next race to get lap times etc while off-road is racing. I am also trying to find a way to reduce Saturday's race length and get better communication between the on-road drivers stand and announcer. While we will definitely have our Fall Classic race in November again, I have considered a third race this season, possibly in May. If anyone has any ideas feel free to PM me about them.

Congratulations to all the winners!!
Old 02-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

We will definitely have the 2nd decoder box hooked up for the entire weekend on the on-road side if possible next race to get lap times etc while off-road is racing. I am also trying to find a way to reduce Saturday's race length and get better communication between the on-road drivers stand and announcer. While we will definitely have our Fall Classic race in November again, I have considered a third race this season, possibly in May. If anyone has any ideas feel free to PM me about them.

Congratulations to all the winners!!
May sounds good, no PM needed :P

2nd decoder would be ideal, mylaps would be really cool if you can swing that as well for practice.

General consensus from the Houston guys was that Saturday was too long but Sunday with another round would be quite long as well. Starting Saturday at maybe 2pm would be perfect if you can swing two race programs or shelf the offroad race and make it practice only and skip the friday onroad club race in favor of offroad perhaps (although it seems like they probably help you out a lot more than we do)
Old 02-22-2011, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would say skip the off road race as well but its pretty hard to tell someone running a business to stop a weekly race that has 80-90 entries every weekend for a race twice a year that can only get 30-40.

I think starting earlier on Saturday would be ideal as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.