Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Team Durango DETC410

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 08:08 PM
Tech Rookie

The o-rings provided for the top of the shock (to seal the cap) seem way too big... Is it supposed to be like that?
Old 03-25-2014, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

If anyone takes a swing at running this as a VTA car, I'd be interested in hearing the results. Lots of glowing reviews thus far. The urge to build a new kit, and wanting to run something different than the herd certainly has me interested... though I'm kind of waiting to see if the "as-is" car continues to work well with only minor tweeks, or if it turns into a car that is highly modded for best results. I avoid certain brands because what ends up being the car that is raced with success is so different / evolved from what came in the box... not that I really copy set-up sheets but if I do, I don't want to be forced to spend another 100+ in parts along with doing all sorts of "mods". Looks like the TD car is pretty much on-point as is so far though.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
If anyone takes a swing at running this as a VTA car, I'd be interested in hearing the results. Lots of glowing reviews thus far. The urge to build a new kit, and wanting to run something different than the herd certainly has me interested... though I'm kind of waiting to see if the "as-is" car continues to work well with only minor tweeks, or if it turns into a car that is highly modded for best results. I avoid certain brands because what ends up being the car that is raced with success is so different / evolved from what came in the box... not that I really copy set-up sheets but if I do, I don't want to be forced to spend another 100+ in parts along with doing all sorts of "mods". Looks like the TD car is pretty much on-point as is so far though.
My thoughts exactly, but since the car has been out for less than a month...might be a long wait
Old 03-25-2014, 08:18 PM
Tech Addict

Any suggestions on where to get parts in north america other than Tower? Amain lists the car, but no parts yet, i found Great Hobbies, but all parts are not in stock yet as well... I'm new to Durango, i'm used to Yokomo parts from China haha
Old 03-25-2014, 08:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HawkSpeed
The o-rings provided for the top of the shock (to seal the cap) seem way too big... Is it supposed to be like that?
I noticed this too. Yes, the o-rings are bigger than the shock body, but the groove in the shock cap is the right size for the o-rings.

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
The only option parts that i plan on getting are steel d joint drive shafts and steel spool outdrives, the aluminum servo mounts (to get rid of extra flex in stock plastic mounts), at least a set of split suspension mounts, and the flex control mount. If the plan is to run it in VTA i dont think any of the hop ups are really needed nor will you need to modify parts to make the car work.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:46 PM
Tech Rookie

The only problem i had was with the wheel hexes, all four screws were binding
on the side of the hex,and when torquing the hexes to the axles they would not tighten
enough to hold them in place.i emailed Durango of the problem,but haven't
heard back from them,hoping it was just a "fluke",otherwise the car is average.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

When i built my shocks they felt a little tight( no skock oil ) so i sanded the plastis shim that seperates the two oring to about roughly half the size, circles on a fine peice of sand paper no they are very free.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

On the hexes mine kinda felt the same way, thought they might strip but they didnt just kept tightening just a tic at a time and they stayed on fine
Old 03-25-2014, 10:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dynodn
Hey Guys

Does anyone know the size of the pin in
the rear dog bone. I know Tamyia is 2 mm
Im hoping for 2.5mm (.098")
The pin on the rear dog bone is 2mm.

They are big but seal under the top shck cap without issue.

Originally Posted by bl50stang
on the side of the hex,and when torquing the hexes to the axles they would not tighten
I had one of the four hexes that would not tighten enough to hold on the axel. I ended up putting a tap thru it to cut a good thread and it still didn't tighten up enough to hold on, so I ended up giving it a really small squeeze with a pair of pliers off the car, then using a new screw, was able to clamp it properly. This was really the only part on the entire car that had a issue.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

I have a complete set of shocks for sale for this kit, brand new with everything to complete including the ball nut, I would like 39 usd shipped for everything including the springs, ball nuts, they are new out of a kit, pm me thanks
Old 03-26-2014, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bl50stang
I had a similar problem. When I was tightening one of the locking hexes, it stripped... very easily. However, I got a new one and it worked out fine. I could've had it going in a little canted.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:47 PM
Tech Rookie

The starting setups in the back of the book show putting a screw in the top deck ahead of the spur but what am I supposed to be tying them into?
Old 03-26-2014, 03:12 PM
Tech Rookie

The starting setups in the back of the book show putting a screw in the top deck ahead of the spur but what am I supposed to be tying them into?
guess it`s this part #TD330251 ALUMINIUM FLEX CONTROL MOUNT
Old 03-26-2014, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'm not sure if this was mentioned by anyone else, but the manual has a mistake.

Step D1 shows the incorrect direction to turn the ball cups on the turnbuckles. At least in my kit, the turnbuckles are threaded the opposite direction as shown in the manual. I do have one of the early kits, so this may have been amended by now.

Overall, the build is going well, can't wait to get this on the track!
Old 03-26-2014, 11:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

Has anyone tried yokomo springs on the car yet? If so how did the car feel and what did or didnt it do. Also i was looking to replace some of the screws and turnbuckles with a titanium set, is it really need?.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.