Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Yokomo MR-4TC SD >

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Old 06-16-2005, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

More flex means more grip. That means you can run stiffer springs. A car that flexes will me more planted than one that is stiff. A stiff car will be twitchy compared to one that flexes. I'm not sure if a spool will give you more flex under acceleration than other types of diffs.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lem2
Questions. . . . .
The LCG really flexes, what will I expect coming from a CGM that is super stiff? Handling wise? will it be "twitchy?"

I use WHITE RS Springs all around in my CGM, will that also work with the LCG or will I need to go softer?

Lastly... dunno if this has been asked before, but I was just wondering....
Is there any effect on a Shaft Driven chassis that flexes, if I use a One way or a Spool? Will a Spool flex the chassis more than a one way?

Almost done with my LCG!!! excuse my ignoramous questions.......
the things you think about at 2:30am!!!!!
flex is a good thing especially if you're running outdoors on asphalt. you'll gain increase traction.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default That was fast!!!!

Pro4Capece/rc-zombies: thanks!!! Then Flex is good!!!! Can't wait to run it!!! Will just retain my white springs all around.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

Lem2..

best place to shop in the Phillippines? wife is going to visit in aug. and want to give her a very long shopping list.
only place I know is the Pit Stop Cafe.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
Lem2..

best place to shop in the Phillippines? wife is going to visit in aug. and want to give her a very long shopping list.
only place I know is the Pit Stop Cafe.
Pitshop, covers just about everything! But There is a new shop, ACTION HOBBIES and Riddler Hobbies. Depends on what stuff do you want. I don't think you can send SMS from japan to here. I could give you their numbers so you could ask. Or PM me and I'll do it for you!! and if your wife does not know the way, she could always call me and ask. Peace!
Old 06-16-2005, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

At the advice of Randy Caster, who can drive the heck out of the Yok, I'm going to install a one-way on my Yokomo SD. If you have one for sale, please PM me. Thanks!
Old 06-18-2005, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Good news guys,

Steve has the LCG instock.
http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=240&id=5127
Not sure how long they will last but...Here is the info.
-Stephen <><
STUFF I HAVE FOR SALE.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=75474
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=75202
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=75472

Last edited by Mr. Shookie; 06-18-2005 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:58 AM
Tech Addict

Default SD Setup

Just need help on getting some sites with setup sheets for the SD car. I know there was one mentioned here before but can't seem to find it now.

Thanks.
Roy
Old 06-18-2005, 10:09 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,

Does anyone have some info on the full LCG kit? Will it be available only for Japan?

For some reason I wouldnt mind to try a SSG, speedTech has some kits for only 269$...not bad at all buy he only has the black version in stock

I m sure the SSG is still a very competitive car, it finished 8th at the worlds and Billy Easton even prefered the SSG over the SDW...

Guys, I know this is the SD thread but how do feel about the SSG? Any down sides? Are some you still runing it?

Thanks!
Old 06-18-2005, 11:54 AM
Tech Adept

To try to answer the last two posts:

You can get some set-up sheets at yokomousa.com.

The SSG is just the silver version of the SD. They come in black and silver. There are still a lot of people the run them, since the BD (belt drive) and LCG (lower center of gravity kit) have only been out for a few months or less.

I've seen a few SDs at SoCal, not including mine.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

uuuummmm and all this time i thought the ssg was a sd. lol

each of the chassis seem to be a little improvement over the previous chassis. can the ssg still complete, yes.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tbevofreak
Hi,

Guys, I know this is the SD thread but how do feel about the SSG? Any down sides? Are some you still runing it?

Thanks!

errrr, yes and no. Yes, for a racing still trying to take consistant lines and still having a few wrecks, yes it might even be one of the best TC's. For a racer that usually has perfect races and needs every advantage to knock off tenths, dont bother with the SSg. I've been trying to get my fast for a few months now, and it just won't work. I've got all the lightest electronics(but do run a cooling fan) and it weighs about 1580 with rubber tires. On a large track, that's a few tenths of second each lap over a 1500 car.

Downsides:

Really heavy. You'll need a good bit of aluminium to get it down to the 1500 range.
Alot of suspension flex. That means slower transition times and less steering.
Brittle universal bones.
High center of gravity hurts overall speed and transitioning rotation.

Positives:

EASYYYYYYYYY to work on. It'd a breeze to do just about anything to this car.
Precise drivetrain (with new bearings) is super free.
All the adjustments any top dollar car has now-a-days.
Alot of adjustments to change chassis stiffness.

I'm changing to a BD. I won and beat alot of good racers today with my ssg, but I just feel like I push this car to the limit when others can still get faster.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

My SSG weighs 1500grams......

It's pretty stock excpeting aluminum dogbones (it reduces the weich by 7~8 grams), and I don't use the battery holder (I use tape), which reduces another 18grams.....

I use protoform bodies, lrp QC2, KO-302f receiver, Airtronics 94358 servo, GP cells, rubber tires......

and I run front oneway, it's heavier than a regular differential........

For all guys running rubber tires, look at inserts, there's a lot to play with lightweight inserts, I use inserts made by Brazilian brand named PROBR....each insert weighs 5grs against 8grs of HPI inserts for example.....It results in 12grs per set.....
Old 06-19-2005, 06:09 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Guys,

Thank you for your posts! Very informative...I did hear about the SSG being heavy, what about running all the graphite parts?

Do you think there is a real difference betwenn the Black chassis? Since I will be running on asphalt I thought the SSG would be better...

Thanks again..
Old 06-19-2005, 05:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

I forgot to mention.....

I do run all the graphite parts, I don't know its weight with standar parts, but I doubt it makes any noticable difference.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.