Community
Wiki Posts
Search

os xz .28 truggy engine???

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 11:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool os xz .28 truggy engine???

i just bought a os xz .28 over on ebay $288.87. pretty good deal, better than $320.00. anyway im putting it in a hyper st rtr, sick of that macstar pull- start. will the clutch system on the mac work for the os. or is there another better set up, as far as flywheels, clutchbells, an shoes and, stuff go? what should i look for w/ the osxz? ive always wanted one just couldnt afford it plus i didnt have nothing to put it in. now i got my hyper st and the macstars gotta go. also what engine mount should i get? will he hyper st's work best?. thanking you in advance, clay unruh
Old 06-19-2009, 06:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Better make sure your tires are nice and glued up, that thing will rip them off the rim.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)

The stock motor mount should work fine. I'm not familiar with the stock clutch setup on the Hyper RTR, but if its got the aluminum shoes with 1.0 springs(typical stock spring) you should be good to go. Make sure you get a good pipe that will compliment that motor. OS's pipe are pricey, but work well with that motor. I've seen 3-4 guys at my track with that motor and it is just NASTY quick. One guy at my track has one in his Losi 8T 2.0 and no one can touch him. His laps times are faster than everybody else on the track, including the 1/8 nitro buggie and the 1/8 electric buggies. There is only one car that is faster, and that is his own nitro buggy. You will have more power than you will know what to do with. Just take care when you break it in, don't rush it and it will last a long time too...
Old 06-19-2009, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

be prepaired to do wheelies with your truggy lol
Old 06-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

yeah i cant wait to try some big wheelis. and i bought the os 2060 pipe and header so i should be good to go. thanx again, clay unruh
Old 06-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

ever see the bumper sticker( get in ,shut up,hold on)

thats what it will be like
Old 06-20-2009, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)

Originally Posted by 1cougar1
yeah i cant wait to try some big wheelis. and i bought the os 2060 pipe and header so i should be good to go. thanx again, clay unruh
Good deal, that pipe will run great with the .28 Good luck keeping the tires on the rims!