Wiki Posts
Search

Which buggy should I buy

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 07:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Which buggy should I buy

Hi guys.

In the beginning it was all clear. Mugen MBX6 and a few gadgets and that would be me.

However as I had to freeze my order due to a real engine disaster I was thinking of rethinking my buggy buy.

As there're loads of buggies out there and at my club (some race RC8, some Losi, some Hong Nor) I wanted to know which one I could get. Spares would be easy to get for Mugen, Asso, Losi within 24 hrs.

I would prefer if you guys could explain why you would chose the buggy, what you like abou the buggy etc. What features could make the difference.

As I can't find a choice to include a poll here some buggy manufactures

1) Team Associated RC8
2) Team Losi 8ight 2.0
3) Mugen MBX6
4) Hobao Hyper 9
5) Hong Nor X2 or X1CR UK Team Edition
6) HotBodies D8

Many thanks for your contribution
Old 06-03-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

if I was you I would buy the Hyper 9 I do not have one but that will be my next buggy.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Obviously stick with what you can get parts for. If you can only easily get parts for losi, associated, and mugen, then one of those is what you want. I personally drive and love the losi 2.0. Other than that, I reccomend using the search feature, and reading the threads for each of your options. There is a reason that there is a search feature. There is no reason for these type of threads. It has been asked many times before, and truthfully, it gets old. The right buggy for you, is exactly that.... The right one for you, not the right one for other members. With that being considered, if you do what I reccomended, you should have no problem finding the right buggy.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

Losi 2.0
Old 06-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If you want to win get a RC8B. New, better parts and cheaper. The only geometry changed was a rear shock tower. Says a lot for only being AE's first buggy and it wins races too! Plus they have a web forum for trouble shooting and the support is unreal! That's why Team Associated are champs!
Old 06-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for your answers and the hint that there's a search feature which I knew already. I should have mentioned that despite having a search feature the narrowing down process can be quite difficult cos not every buggy suits ones driving style and not all those answers might be obtained in one thread. surely there're millions of threads and one might contain the answer but I frankly admit I forgot to ask you that.

So I think I'll go for the RC8B and have fun with it although the Losi looks damn good and it's really light. I had the chance to see the buggy at the Neo 2008 race on the internet and the way Adam Drake drove it was superb. Now this could be down to the driver himself but I think the Losi is a nimble racing car. Probably slightly harder toi maintain as some people report that some parts are wearing out rather quickly than those of other manufactures.

In this case have all a nice evening and I will be back shortly with some final news.

Cheerio
Old 06-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crisdean
Thanks for your answers and the hint that there's a search feature which I knew already. I should have mentioned that despite having a search feature the narrowing down process can be quite difficult cos not every buggy suits ones driving style and not all those answers might be obtained in one thread. surely there're millions of threads and one might contain the answer but I frankly admit I forgot to ask you that.

So I think I'll go for the RC8B and have fun with it although the Losi looks damn good and it's really light. I had the chance to see the buggy at the Neo 2008 race on the internet and the way Adam Drake drove it was superb. Now this could be down to the driver himself but I think the Losi is a nimble racing car. Probably slightly harder toi maintain as some people report that some parts are wearing out rather quickly than those of other manufactures.

In this case have all a nice evening and I will be back shortly with some final news.

Cheerio
If you want my opinion, go losi. Losi has the best support out of any brand period. Not just parts support all over the place, but setup support from the team. The cars are tough, and very fast. Parts are cheap and easily found. I absolutely love the new losi cars. They are so fast and nimble on the track. And no matter what anyone says, losi's CAN take a beating. Parts may wear faster than some, but they rarely break. You will finish a race with a wear, you won't with breakage. That is my opinion.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i like my 2.0 for a couple reasons, 1. its easy to work on 2. it is a very nimble car 3. you can really push it through the rough sections 4. parts availability

granted it takes a bit more finese to drive it, and that didnt really fit my driving style but that isnt always a bad thing. how often is the fastest way around the track throwing the car into each turn? if you watch the person wining on a club level or any pro, under controll is the way to get it done. so in a way i think it forces me to be a more consistant driver and ultimatly a better one as well. as for premature wear i have raced my 2.0 about 8-10 and the only thing i have replaced is the clutch shoes.......good luck with watever you get, be paitient dont set you goals to high......have some fun is the most important thing......
Old 06-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Buy the one thats easiest for you to get parts for and the one that fits your budget. I can bet that no matter which one you get you will be defending it on this same forum within a couple of weeks of purchase. Reason being is that it is the one you have. Same goes for everyones answer to your question. I have the Losi 8ight 2.0 so guess what I will say, and so on and so on.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Z01-B
Old 06-03-2009, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robert.Hull
Z01-B
+1

Take it from someone who has had them all

ZO1B team is the way to go
Old 06-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeyTheRocket
If you want to win get a RC8B. New, better parts and cheaper. The only geometry changed was a rear shock tower. Says a lot for only being AE's first buggy and it wins races too! Plus they have a web forum for trouble shooting and the support is unreal! That's why Team Associated are champs!
+1
Old 06-04-2009, 11:47 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Exclamation

Losi 2.0 and no other.....
Old 06-05-2009, 07:36 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

if you want to be fast get a Mugen.they don't wear out nearly as fast as the others....
Old 06-05-2009, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Get an MBX6, you'll love it! It's second to none! I switched from a Losi 8 to a MBX6 and I have no regrets. My second choice would be a Losi 8 2.0 and third the new rc8 buggy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.