Wiki Posts
Search

Need some help with my Team Magic G4rs

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 05:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)
Default Need some help with my Team Magic G4rs

Went to go run car today, made a few passes and then car just stopped moving. Engine revs but no movement. I thought maybe clutch was to tight so I decided to adjust it but ring will not spin to the left to loosen it up. Any thoughts or suggest would be helpful.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

Did you strip your spur gear?
Old 05-16-2012, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by erion racer
Went to go run car today, made a few passes and then car just stopped moving. Engine revs but no movement. I thought maybe clutch was to tight so I decided to adjust it but ring will not spin to the left to loosen it up. Any thoughts or suggest would be helpful.
If you have not shimmed the clutch's bottom bearing from the retainer ring and have enough endplay, the clutch may tighten and bind when the clutch gets hot and expands.

NOTE: The Clutch spring retainer screws on with the flat side against the spring, not the side with the lip.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

When was last time you cleaned/oiled twospeed oneway? My my nt1 wouldnt move and this was the cause
Old 05-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Sorry I have not had a chance to mess with the car in about week or so, I will give all the above a try and see what i get, thanks for the replies.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by erion racer
Sorry I have not had a chance to mess with the car in about week or so, I will give all the above a try and see what i get, thanks for the replies.
Actually, just re-read the post and Valk is correct, your one-way bearing may be slipping. Clean the shaft and the one way, use 1 drop of one-way lube, if you were driving like that a lot, it's likely you will strip 1st gear so might want to change it too. If you dont have "one way" lube, I would use a quick squirt of WD40 and then wipe off and leave it relatively dry. One way lube is a very thin but not an oily lubricant, it lasts forever as you are only to use 1 drop so it's a good investement. Not sure what else I would recommend, others may have a better suggestion.

note: This happened to us, check you havent left too much fuel line and it may have been nicked by the spur and leaks fuel onto 2 speed.

Last edited by blis; 05-25-2012 at 03:58 PM.