2006 1/10 Fuel On Road Nationals. Info.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 1/10 Fuel On Road Nationals. Info.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

I think a series is a bad idea. this hobby is not a spectator sport it is a participation one. how many people attend level four events now that aren't sponsored that couldn't attend a series? i guess the top ten or twenty drivers wouldn't change much because they are on a full ride and can go to a series type event but the other 150 or so guys like me who go because it is a rare opportunity to race with the fastest people will miss out.my club is hosting the onroad nats this year and it is a big deal to me to race in that event. i could never make a multi-state series event and i doubt most of the other club guys could either. the rc companys sponsor drivers because average racer's buy the stuff they think will make them faster. the only way to get that info out is for the sponsored drivers to race with us hacks. if the fastest guys were doing a series of races that for the most part were only attended by them, there would be very little exposure of the products that they are trying to sell.
ROAR's purpose is to promote racing ,not seperate the great drivers from the rest of us so they can race by themselves. I don't think long term any manufacturer would suport that system once the buying public was no longer as involved in the race.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sedanaddict
I think a series is a bad idea. this hobby is not a spectator sport it is a participation one. how many people attend level four events now that aren't sponsored that couldn't attend a series? i guess the top ten or twenty drivers wouldn't change much because they are on a full ride and can go to a series type event but the other 150 or so guys like me who go because it is a rare opportunity to race with the fastest people will miss out.my club is hosting the onroad nats this year and it is a big deal to me to race in that event. i could never make a multi-state series event and i doubt most of the other club guys could either. the rc companys sponsor drivers because average racer's buy the stuff they think will make them faster. the only way to get that info out is for the sponsored drivers to race with us hacks. if the fastest guys were doing a series of races that for the most part were only attended by them, there would be very little exposure of the products that they are trying to sell.
ROAR's purpose is to promote racing ,not seperate the great drivers from the rest of us so they can race by themselves. I don't think long term any manufacturer would suport that system once the buying public was no longer as involved in the race.

You obviously didn't read my posts completely, and missed several of my points. Do you as a 'hack' feel you have what it takes to win one of these events? If not then what would be the difference if the existing races stayed the same, same titles, same championships, only the events were grouped together to form a series to crown the ROAR national champion for the guys that could attend them all or most of them?

BK
Old 07-13-2006, 07:40 AM
Tech Regular

obviously you didn't read my post completely.of course i don't expect to win the nats. i do like to race with the best drivers. and to repeat myself, if the best drivers are seperated into their own series, the main purpose of having sponsored drivers would be nullified and i doubt that manufacturers would continue to support that type of racing.having a series of racing will keep the non sponsored or non fully sponsored guys from racing. there are guys who don't have a full ride that can compete on a national level. not me but i race with one every week and he can definently compete. actually i know a couple of local guys who could win the 1/10th or 1/8 onroad nats that although they are partially sponsored, i don't think either one could afford to pay for a multi-state series. in that sense you're idea would reduce the competition instead of enhance it.

most important of all to me the local club racer is i get to see what the best drivers are doing and what the latest set-up's hop-ups are. i go away from a level 3 or 4 event a better driver for it.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

why are we all of a sudden motioning to change the way the nationals work? its been like this for how long now?

besides, not everyone has the money to make it to all the events hm?

ehh whatever, im not gonna get into this one.

btw, nck_nitro. no matter what you do, you cannot prevent people from fighting, if rules get more strict, it doesnt mean anything. if people have beef, they will still fight until its squashed. and yes i have read your previous posts before i said anything.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:37 AM
Tech Regular

if the fastest guys were doing a series of races that for the most part were only attended by them, there would be very little exposure of the products that they are trying to sell.
First of all, where in my posts did you read that I was trying to suggest a separate series for the sponsored racers? I never suggested that, as it would be rediculous!

the only way to get that info out is for the sponsored drivers to race with us hacks. if the fastest guys were doing a series of races that for the most part were only attended by them, there would be very little exposure of the products that they are trying to sell.
This is the ONLY way for product exposure?? Open your eyes and tell my what is sitting in front of you right now. You know the thing you are reading and typing on. What about that? Is that not exposure? What about the magazines that you buy monthly? Is that not exposure?

Originally Posted by sedanaddict
obviously you didn't read my post completely.of course i don't expect to win the nats. i do like to race with the best drivers. and to repeat myself, if the best drivers are seperated into their own series, the main purpose of having sponsored drivers would be nullified and i doubt that manufacturers would continue to support that type of racing.having a series of racing will keep the non sponsored or non fully sponsored guys from racing. there are guys who don't have a full ride that can compete on a national level. not me but i race with one every week and he can definently compete. actually i know a couple of local guys who could win the 1/10th or 1/8 onroad nats that although they are partially sponsored, i don't think either one could afford to pay for a multi-state series. in that sense you're idea would reduce the competition instead of enhance it.

most important of all to me the local club racer is i get to see what the best drivers are doing and what the latest set-up's hop-ups are. i go away from a level 3 or 4 event a better driver for it.
And I think you still don't understand my suggestions, and they were just that, suggestions...

In my opinion this hobby can benefit from having a series format for the ROAR national championship. Now, before you go off the handle and crucify me, hear me out one last time, then you can take your digs at me...

Every year there are 6-7 big races for 1/10 sedan (and usually include open as well). Alot of racers attend all or most of these events. And it seems like the manufacturers see these as important events for promotion of product (wins on sunday sells on monday mentality). These events are usually in the form of some specific title to be had, whether it be the winternats champion, or the Great lakes challenge champion. And at each event the local guys all gather to contest each race against all the drivers that do make the trip from other areas (be them factory drivers, or not). At the end of each event, there are winners and loosers, champions crowned, etc. Nowhere in my posts do I suggest to change any of this. My only thought was to link the results of each of these existing races into an ultimate points series (ROAR National championship). So the 30 or 40 guys that do attend all the events have a chance to earn the ROAR title. The other racers that only want to race the event that is close to them or that their club is hosting, would still have the same chance to earn champion or whatever title of the particular race he chooses to attend.

I think having a race for only the sponsored guys is rediculous, and I don't know where you picked that up from my posts.

It is pretty obvious that many of you want to keep it as it stands and I can respect that. But in my personal opinion, the ROAR notional championship doesn't mean much as it is just decided by one race. One mishap in the main and it's wait till next year! for you.

This is the last time I will comment on this subject. As I am sure, most everyone is tired of reading my posts going on about this.

It was just an idea anyways, geesh!!

BK
Old 07-13-2006, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mxwrench
One mishap in the main and it's wait till next year! for you.
This is the part you keep preaching that I don't get. Luck my friend IS a part of racing.... ALL racing requires these elements to win: Skill, Consistancy, Setup Knowledge, and a little luck. It does not matter if it is 1 race or 20. BUT it is alot harder to win 1 race than it is a series of a bunch of races... And you know what, Being a points champ in my eyes is not more impressive. I have been to ALOT of National Championships and I have been to ALOT of the independent races, the level of competition at 99 percent of those NationalS is higher.

Its funny, a driver in NASCAR could get second place in every single race and probably win the points championship. Does this make him a champion, or consistant?

RC-Pro has a series for you, have fun.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

Quote from Orange:
This is the part you keep preaching that I don't get. Luck my friend IS a part of racing.... No Kidding!
ALL racing requires these elements to win: Skill, Consistancy, Setup Knowledge, and a little luck. It does not matter if it is 1 race or 20. BUT it is alot harder to win 1 race than it is a series of a bunch of races... True.
And you know what, Being a points champ in my eyes is not more impressive. I have been to ALOT of National Championships and I have been to ALOT of the independent races, the level of competition at 99 percent of those NationalS is higher. Big deal, I have been to 348 National MX and SX races, does that mean my Johnson is bigger than yours?

Its funny, a driver in NASCAR could get second place in every single race and probably win the points championship. Does this make him a champion, or consistant? Both!!

RC-Pro has a series for you, have fun. :rolleyes You know what, the West RC Pro series race is next weekend, and I can assure you I will be there!!

You seemed to take this a little too personally and have turned it into a pissing contest. It started as merely my suggestion, and all you ROAR people seem to take suggestions as threats. With the Dark cloud hanging over ROAR lately, I would think you would be a little more careful with your membership. As it stands now, I would take the RC Pro series any day over an outdated ROAR race

Have a nice day,

Brian Kinney
ROAR member 12-110878
Old 07-13-2006, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

Brian,
I have been reading your posts for a long time and it always seems you have something negative to say about ROAR. Almost like ROAR has done something to you or quite simply you don't like ROAR. To me, there is nothing wrong with that. We all have opinions, just so happens that neither of us agree wtih what you are saying. Feelings should never get in the way of that and this world would be all whacked out if everyone agreed with everything.

I do take it offensive that you lump me in as a "ROAR person".... Just becasue my wife sits on the managing counsel does not mean that I agree with everything they do, just like you and just like alot of people. Shoot Dawn and I disagree more than we agree on issues. Its really hard for me as a member of an organization to go to a national event and know that if I get hacked during a race, a penalty will not be called simply because it was me that it happenned to. I just choose not to say openly the things I do not agree with, thats all. (With the managing counsel that is)

My mention of RC Pro was not trying to start anything. I feel as though RC Pro has started something good for this hobby. It gives an alternate type of racing to those who feel as though it best suits them and that is a great thing, this hobby has needed that for a long time. I don't really think that ROAR needs to change the way they have done some things because we already have what you suggest in RC Pro. Now we have 2 kinds of things rather than 2 trying to do the same things. If a series is what you want, maybe RC Pro is where you need to be in order to have fun. Fun is what this hobby is all about. If you are no longer having fun, maybe you need to be doing something else. (Yeah, me being a "ROAR person" I will probably get scrutinzed for saying that, oh well)

If I offended you in my post above or even this one, I apologize. You seem to be a stand up guy and maybe sometime we can talk about some of your ideas in person so that the loss of comunication of a web forum does not get in the way. Remember, I am a member just like you and everyone else that holds a ROAR card. We all have opinions and not everyone can agree, but everyones goal and intent is for the best on both sides of the fence.

Sean Sanchez
Old 07-14-2006, 06:29 AM
Tech Regular

just a couple of points i would like to make. i know that you weren't suggesting a seperate series. i am saying that it will become a series of proffessional drivers because they will be mostly the only ones who can attend all of the races.

i am a member of roar but i am not a "roar person" i would imagine you are a member too so i don't know what you mean by that. i have no dealings with roar other than being a member as required by my club.

racing isn't the only way for exposure but i believe it is the best and most accurate. tell me how unbiased the mags are in their product testing when ad dollars are on the line. the boards are ok but every thread started by someone asking how good is this or that ends up with sponsored people spouting the praises of the products they get for free. winning is the best indication of how good a driver and what they are driving is.

if the only goal of the nats were to crown a national champ without the involment of lower level drivers, then a series isn't a bad idea. roar and most of the people who make up roar will never be champ and for us average drivers, getting to go to a national level race is important and if i win the e-main i will be happy. my biggest problem with a series is it will exclude us non-sponsored guys and knowing how hard it is to get a manufacturer to sponser one national race, i doubt a series would get the big sponsorship it needs to turn a profit.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wow that was some sick sh*t!!!
Old 07-21-2006, 05:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by superserpent
Wow that was some sick sh*t!!!

??
Old 07-21-2006, 05:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MechanicJon
??
Never mind man some sicko posted some nasty ass pictures on this forum but I believe the moderators took it off.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

Talking club race 9/3/06 West coast championship 9/16-17/06

club racing 9/3/06

winner..the crystal cup
top non sponsored driver,,,,$ one hundred dollars to spend at speed shop hobbies in torrance

medels for 2nd & 3rd

music fon & good racing..........

The crystal park West coast championship....sept. 16-17

winner gets : Championship shirt.... crystal cup.....$100.00 to spend at speed shop hobbies.
$100.00 to spend at southland hobbies...

wow!!!!!

medels for 2nd & 3rd & 4th 5th.

1/10 sedan 1/8 scale 4/wd 1/10 out law, & TQ..

go to crystalparkrcraceway.com to down load entry form.............
or contact [email protected]
Old 09-06-2006, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default TOSO GETTING PITTED

I finaly got a new computer that will run my video program.
This is TOSOLINI getting fuel
http://www.zippyvideos.com/724946504...onals/*rcfoolz
Old 09-07-2006, 11:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

rcfoolz, awesome! Thanks for posting that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.